Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

A quick question about the water changes... Will we now be able to fill something with water using a bucket filled with water all the way full, or will it still be only partway full?  If I make something that I want filled with water while in the game, I can only fill it up around half a block high right now.

6 hours ago, Teiler said:

how long will it be after the dev stream to be released? does anyone know? how long was it at alpha 20?

Thanks in advance for reply

Approx 2-4 months based on previous alphas. And that was for experimental release, not stable.

50 minutes ago, spud42 said:

i thought fataal said there were over 60 MFB's ??  

hopefully they are sorted out.

he also hinted that some may not get fixed until next alpha if they do not break the game.  believe it or not there is a difference between importance and top priority. :)

this is not gospel either as to it being the case here but if i remember correctly, we still had more then a doz or so MFs in A20 that didnt get fixed and A20 went out. :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Finally! I'm so excited about the A21 Dev Stream!

I hope they show as much as possible about all the new features!

One suggestion @madmole and @Prime if I may: try to write down a guideline for what you'll say and be concise and as much thorough as possible with what you show. People have waited a long time, and my guess is the Dev Stream will be "dissected" by many YouTubers and players!

They'll be watching (not only literally) your every move and weigh every word you say! :spy:

hopefully Rick’s talking points will all end with

…and don’t say a specific release date!!!!

Even though I can only play on console i still love to see how the PC version will turn out because then i will know what the future console version will look like. I'm so excited for the Alpha 21 Dev Stream and can't wait. 

It's been a while since I've heard this mentioned, and I was hoping to get an update on this- Many months ago, heck, maybe a year at this point, I remember talk of adding quality levels to much more stuff. To give an example- Cooking pots/cooking grills, beakers, crucible, things like that. I don't see anything on the first page, so I imagine it's not in for this alpha, but I was curious if all that is still part of the plan, or if that's one of those things that's best forgotten.

... I also remember when we were getting our first taste of jiggle tech on the zombies and there was mention that with it, it might be possible to place a 'sticker' on one of the base zombie models that may, for example, put an ugly mark on their face- but in like, 90% of cases, it remains invisible, so only sometimes they'll have this or that identifying feature. [My bad if this was completely misunderstood and is impossible- I'm strictly a consumer, not a creator, and I don't know the limitations you all must work within.]
  -Should we assume this possibility is now resting in piece? .. A little more zombie variance will go a long way in making the game look complete. [Pleading!]

Thanks for taking the time to review these questions, I'm totally stoked for A21.

Also, since many questions are gonna be asked in the next streams.. I remember the waterfall of text in Twitch chat, that made The Pimps unable to read some questions properly, so would there be some sort of separate thread here in the forum, where we can ask and they answer properly ? 

19 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Also, since many questions are gonna be asked in the next streams.. I remember the waterfall of text in Twitch chat, that made The Pimps unable to read some questions properly, so would there be some sort of separate thread here in the forum, where we can ask and they answer properly ? 

Roland used to have a Q/A thread that a question list was derived from for the stream, but I dunno what CC will do.

Signature

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Are we looking at another 3 months between dev streams starting and Exp releasing like A20?

If it's like A20, then it will be about a month after the dev stream before fans get their hands on it.

Edit: Wait dev stream in Nov and released in Dec, or am I getting old?

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)