Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

50 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Iirc the trader specialties are supposed to be (per the a19 and a20 dev threads, I am not going diving to pull up a damn link so don't ask):

Jen; Meds

Rekt; farming/seeds

Bob; vehicles

Hugh; weapons

Joel; armor

To remember better:

The J's:  Jen and Joel are protective.

Hugh is offensive, so weapons.

Changes needed:

Rekt should be vehicles (wrecked vehicle's), 

Bob should be Farming.

You're welcome TFP always here to help at Al's Marina...  (don't visit Pal's Marina, they spike their meat burritos with... meat!) 

2 hours ago, Aldranon said:

To remember better:

The J's:  Jen and Joel are protective.

Hugh is offensive, so weapons.

Changes needed:

Rekt should be farming (wrecked farming), 

Bob should be Vehicles.

You're welcome TFP always here to help at Al's Marina...  (don't visit Pal's Marina, they spike their meat burritos with... meat!) 

Fixed that for you. 😁

12 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Unrelated to the current convo about bandits, but I have a theory regarding the new trader compounds.

I believe they may be related to each trader's specialties (despite Rekt's not working properly currently). Trader Rekt received a new compound resembling a small farm in A20, and his specialty is supposed to be seeds and food. Bob's new compound in A21 is a salvage yard - his specialty is tools.

If I'm right (and this is just a theory/guess), Jen may receive a new compound resembling some sort of clinic or medical station, Hugh may receive something like an old gun store, and Joel.. I'm not sure.

11 hours ago, Weazelsun said:

Joel if I recall is the general goods. So maybe a pawn shop for him! lol

Joel may be exploded gyrocopter parts and drop damaged bows :D

(Sorry madmole, I just had to. Don't worry about it. Am sure with the amount of players out there we have done way worse things)

6 hours ago, Rabbitslovecactus said:

Why do I have a feeling that they are going to skip the next Alpha and just put it all into 21..... Surprise perhaps? 

Nah, they just do what is needed to be shipped proper and better for we can have fun. And get all systems and stuff ready for the next one. Usual stuff. Takes time though. 

31 minutes ago, Pineapple Killer said:

Is the new console version coming out the same time as A21? Is that the reason it's taking so long? I heard they are running the development together. 

No, the console version is expected not before end of year, which means with the usual delay next year more likely

On 4/5/2023 at 9:01 PM, RyceKaeks said:

If there adding a chunk reset option in A21 i dont think prefabs would have issues, though i can imagine perhaps with the amount of player progression changed there would be conflict.

Check page one of this thread. This is all the info we’ve been given on chunk resetting. 

58 minutes ago, Crypted said:

I would love to hear about any news regarding the Console version, because I like the new POIs and models and just wanted to get an update on what's being worked on currently. 

I know new console version is being developed in sync with PC Gold, so when Gold gets released for PC, the console should be released not long after (baring any major bugs that need fixed first).

Finally! I'm so excited about the A21 Dev Stream!

I hope they show as much as possible about all the new features!

One suggestion @madmole and @Prime if I may: try to write down a guideline for what you'll say and be concise and as much thorough as possible with what you show. People have waited a long time, and my guess is the Dev Stream will be "dissected" by many YouTubers and players!

They'll be watching (not only literally) your every move and weigh every word you say! :spy:

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)