Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

6 hours ago, Roland said:

None. Just a couple of chatAI programs they left running when they left the building.

I really have to start work on that program to configure a chatAI to answer questions for me anytime I have to deal with a chatAI...

Do we know yet if A21 will follow inline with the way A20 came out (DevStream -- Streamer weekend -- Experimental -- Stable).? If so, will the timeframe be the same? 3 months between 1st devstream and Experimental would be an overy long time to tack on to what seems a long wait already. 2 quick Devstreams at the start of a week, then the weekend for the streamers and released on the Monday would be great. Its a bit easier to avoid spoilers for a week. Much more fun (for me) going into the new update with little knowledge (besides the little twitter pics). Either way, looking forward to the update very much. 

Are you guys will do someting with downtown areas? Because this new tile system looks wonderful and i really like it, but the fps go often below 30 in most of the T4 & T5 POIs inside the dense parts of the new cities.

8 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Do you happen to work at an airport by chance? 😅

Yeh I'm not real sure why he likes airports so much but I support the idea of a small wilderness airport.  Maybe an old private airport or a smugglers run, and it would fit.  Don't need goofy plane looking prefabs either, since those guys would have been the first to leave when the @%$# went down.  Hell even a small crash site nearby with just a few plane pieces could work.  

4 hours ago, Pineapple Killer said:

Do we know yet if A21 will follow inline with the way A20 came out (DevStream -- Streamer weekend -- Experimental -- Stable).? If so, will the timeframe be the same? 3 months between 1st devstream and Experimental would be an overy long time to tack on to what seems a long wait already. 2 quick Devstreams at the start of a week, then the weekend for the streamers and released on the Monday would be great. Its a bit easier to avoid spoilers for a week. Much more fun (for me) going into the new update with little knowledge (besides the little twitter pics). Either way, looking forward to the update very much. 

I asked the same question and TFP said it will be the same stages but they expect the timeframe to be lees than the 3 months that we saw when A20 was released.  They didn't expand on how much less.

Reading between the lines, I don't expect the timeframe to be shortened to a week or even a month.  I figure Dev stream to experimental could be shorter but stable could still be a bit due to all of the changes and all of the bug fixes they are currently working on that were not expected to take this long.  I would not be surprised if more bugs than expected were found between experimental and stable, just comes with this many enhancements. 

6 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Let the man enjoy his airports!  XD

I've been in many big airports, and couldn't be more happy to get the hell out. If we had one in the game, I'd relish scrapping it for everything it had to offer.

14 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Yeh I'm not real sure why he likes airports so much but I support the idea of a small wilderness airport.  Maybe an old private airport or a smugglers run, and it would fit.  Don't need goofy plane looking prefabs either, since those guys would have been the first to leave when the @%$# went down.  Hell even a small crash site nearby with just a few plane pieces could work.  

Just a small strip, probably cratered from military action, a FBO with some hangars, and maybe a tower would be great.

My Granddad owned a two-story shop on a small airport in Washinton state.  He made his own airplane and let me fly in it (as a passenger).  As I was just a kid he flew perfectly and talked about the land below.  Great memory of a great man.

But the strip was pretty long (I never walked its full length) as during an air show I saw a P-47 take off and land and it was so big you could have easily converted the body into a small, cozy (very cozy) base!

If they are small POI's or large (city region sized) airports, they should be a prize beyond measure for loot!

5 hours ago, gunner1912 said:

are there any plans to advance farming for the path to gold. i.e. new crops, recipes, animal husbandry and different types of plots or fertilizers?

I think they have farming where they want it. I'd personally like to see the crop to seed ration be a little more reasonable - it shouldn't take 5 crops to make a single seed.

17 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Let the man enjoy his airports!  XD

I think TFP Leveldesigners already made an airport (or smugglers Airstrip) just to prevent that

'Ouch quit it' spreads another *coughs* pandemic!😉 We're lucky enough that the last is over.

🖖

First of all, thanx for the Playstation-version. It was fun as hell!
Instead of complaining about updates or a free game I bought a computer. 

So, what's the plan when it comes to the story?
Only Navezgane? Randomized map aswell? 

On 4/1/2023 at 10:47 AM, Jost Amman said:

@faatal I know it's Saturday, so I won't be surprised if you can (eventually) reply only next week... but I was curious to know if there's any open ticket to fix the bug where hatches don't stop rain. I've just now read a post on Steam, of someone complaining about this, and that this bug has been around forever. I agree this is long due IMO.

Is there any hope to put this in the bucket list for A21?

Thanks in advance :)  

It may already be fixed in A21, because I made changes to the rain particle system physics settings to stop it going through roofs.