Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

Hm, went for a bacon party.. I mean ..breakfast and I though there will be much more than couple of posts in here after the stream we all wanted.  You guys zsuck. 

Postpone it a bit Pimps! For at least 2 more weeks, they deserve it !! 

*a screamer spawns on me* .. gotta go, sorry :)

2 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Hm, went for a bacon party.. I mean ..breakfast and I though there will be much more than couple of posts in here after the stream we all wanted.  You guys zsuck. 

Postpone it a bit Pimps! For at least 2 more weeks, they deserve it !! 

*a screamer spawns on me* .. gotta go, sorry :)

Yeah, it has gotten rather quiet in here. I didn't see the stream (envious of those who could though). Prolly most have gone to sleep and will give their impressions in the next couple of days. I'm waiting....😉

Just watched the stream since I was playing the game and didn't see it live.  Looks very nice and has some nice additions.  I am curious about what they mean by "country tiles"... are we getting tiles for wilderness?  And, if so, are the sizes of those tiles customizable rather than only 150x150 since wilderness POI have "supposedly" an unlimited size even though there are issues with larger ones?  And will the tiles be able to be connected to one another similar to a town?  Seems like this could have some very interesting possibilities.

I have to say that the worlds look so much better with the wider range of vehicles instead of basically just cars, buses and utility trucks.  That gas station POI and checkpoint part are great.

They also said A20.7 will come out Thursday, which I guess is later today now, to fix a bug that will occur when swapping between experimental and A20.  Can we get verification if updating to A20.7 will affect saves?  It sounds like it only is there for that one fix and so *shouldn't* affect saves, but I want to check.

I also hope we can disable or reduce the affect of vehicle damage from crashing into things.  Watching the stream, it seems excessive.  Sure, it's realistic to lose a ton of durability when you run full speed into something, but I don't think losing 10-15% from a single hit (I think I even saw 19% once) is good for gameplay.  I'd be fine with about 1/4 of that... perhaps as much as 1/2.  But not the default that they showed in stream.  I may not crash into things much, but I really like running over zombies and animals and losing so much durability each time would take the fun out of that.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

My favorite part was Rick going against the others' wishes and actually giving a rough estimate of early-mid May for the A21 experimental release.  Of course that can change, I'm just thankful for even an educated guess on their part as of right now.

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

Rick always does that in every stream or interview he does. He is always hopeful and optimistic…haha. In this case I’d say that it is definitely likely. 

Talking about Rick... he mentioned something about Character Skins and selling skin DLCs in the future?

Did I get it right?

27 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

The streamer I would have watched on A21 streamer weekend is getting married one of the May weekends so it's almost definitely going to be that weekend just out of spite from the universe

A test of resolve. This separates **real** streamers from the streamer-wannabees

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Talking about Rick... he mentioned something about Character Skins and selling skin DLCs in the future?

Did I get it right?

I assume if this were to happen it would be like what they did with the Walking Dead character skin? I would prefer additional content come in the form of gameplay expansions but so long as the base character creator and visual progression is robust enough I'd be ok with it.

Feel sorry for the devs, but the water showcase at the stream? I was rolling on floor all I can say... Could this issue be related to the fact it is surrounded by snow? Either way I wish good luck on fixing this issue. Because for me this is something like magnum opus of alpha 21...

5 minutes ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

Feel sorry for the devs, but the water showcase at the stream? I was rolling on floor all I can say... Could this issue be related to the fact it is surrounded by snow? Either way I wish good luck on fixing this issue. Because for me this is something like magnum opus of alpha 21...

Even if they used the "wrong block", water looked fine to me.

Way better than what we have now in A20 in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Jost Amman said:

Even if they used the "wrong block", water looked fine to me.

Way better than what we have now in A20 in my opinion.

Like the single blocks that very sticking out... I would expect it would flatten the center and fill surroundings... 10% height of a block? Almost I am feeling like if the solution that Niagara uses in Unreal Engine 5 (volumetic simulated water) would be better in conjunction with the voxel collision stuff... But performance issues would probably come with that....

5 hours ago, Roland said:

Rick always does that in every stream or interview he does. He is always hopeful and optimistic…haha. In this case I’d say that it is definitely likely. 

I want Rick to have a few drinks and leak more info about the upcoming game(s) again. His leak from a year or so ago needs more to understand 

6 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I want Rick to have a few drinks and leak more info about the upcoming game(s) again. His leak from a year or so ago needs more to understand 

oh i think he did in fact. One chance is that, the other chance is that im just way wrong and into conspiracy theories.

SwQAlEr.png

but judging prime's face i may be right. lol

cant believe nobody else noticed it.