Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

15 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Can we take a moment to hate on the new forum font that makes it hard for us old folk to discern between read and unread threads?

So that is why I can't tell the difference!!  Ugh!  I hate that.  I have to keep looking at the date of the last post to know if I've seen something.

38 minutes ago, wicketness said:

WOW!

STILL NOT EVEN A WORD ON A21?

This will be longer then alpha 16.4.

2023 just means they have till x mas.

I wouldn't be surprised if A21 cones out in 2024.

I thought TFP had a team now?

you all working 1 day a week like the old twitter?

Well at least with TFP we all expect things to take years between major patches now,

A22 in 2026 or 2027.

Here's a Nickle, It's from Canada.

Not worth much now days.
Just like the Word of the TFP's.

That's my rant see you guys in a few months.

I think you're a bit late for that rant.  With all the new images coming out lately, A21 is likely getting really close to experimental and streams and release.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

So that is why I can't tell the difference!!  Ugh!  I hate that.  I have to keep looking at the date of the last post to know if I've seen something.

I think you're a bit late for that rant.  With all the new images coming out lately, A21 is likely getting really close to experimental and streams and release.

Calm down,

History shows this is nothing to get your hopes up about when it comes to a release.

If they say " it's done when it's done" Count on 6-9 Months minimum. IF they say SOON. could be 12 months or more.

I only hope future generations can continue to try finish the game.

died-waiting-5adc93.jpg

A21 has been ready for months!

The only hangup has been TFP had promised themselves to release it on the very first day that there is world peace...

Their only mistake they made, was forgetting that the people of Earth are "Bat Sh*t crazy"!

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

A21 has been ready for months!

The only hangup has been TFP had promised themselves to release it on the very first day that there is world peace...

Their only mistake they made, was forgetting that the people of Earth are "Bat Sh*t crazy"!

Lol, Augie Doggy

There will be no world peace, people will continue to be bat poop crazy, and the A21 will be released later than sooner.

But they're working on it. World peace and bat guano were not mentioned in the kickstarter goals...

@faatal I know it's Saturday, so I won't be surprised if you can (eventually) reply only next week... but I was curious to know if there's any open ticket to fix the bug where hatches don't stop rain. I've just now read a post on Steam, of someone complaining about this, and that this bug has been around forever. I agree this is long due IMO.

Is there any hope to put this in the bucket list for A21?

Thanks in advance :)  

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

That looks cool. Nice to see it developed from the concept art shown previously

I love the bus on top and that backhoe looks great.  I'm sad to see they are hiding the good loot behind glass so I can't walk off with it. 😜

Interestingly, that backhoe is in two different positions.  One is straight and one is turned to the side with the bucket on the ground.  Nice to see it isn't entirely static and can have some variety.  I wonder what what might have such randomization.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

Also, maybe Laz or someone can answer

It looks like there's enough room to drive around in there. Don't suppose the gates open automatically when you approach in a vehicle? 🙂

1. yep you can drive in there if the main gate is open. (make sure you are not there during the closing hours)

2. dont suppose they do so the answer is... Nope, they do not open automatically when players/vehicles approach.

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

Is that a new trader flag?

yup :)

1 hour ago, beerfly said:

Looks fantastic. I saw a minibike and 4x4 inside, are these drivable or props for salvage/loot ?

they are just props. sorry to burst the hope bubble :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

1. yep you can drive in there if the main gate is open. (make sure you are not there during the closing hours)

2. dont suppose they do so the answer is... Nope, they do not open automatically when players/vehicles approach.

Thanks for the response.

One other question maybe you can or can't answer. Have they all got their own trader opening/closing sounds now or are they still all using 'Just to let you folks know, Trader Joels will be closing soon' etc

10 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

One other question maybe you can or can't answer. Have they all got their own trader opening/closing sounds now or are they still all using 'Just to let you folks know, Trader Joels will be closing soon' etc

there are or will be some VO changes for the future so for now they are still the same.

47 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

Made that mistake once at Rekt's.  Drive my motorcycle inside without realizing the time.  Got kicked out with my motorcycle still inside.  And I was over 2km from my base.  I decided to sit around there all night instead of trying to run to my base.  Never parking inside again. Lol.

8 minutes ago, JayzenFreeze said:

Its bee over a year now... I thought there would at least be a playable A21 beta by now.  How few developers are left on the team now?

None. Just a couple of chatAI programs they left running when they left the building.