Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

31 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

other things

Dance offs between players?

Joking aside...I can see the integration that allows audience members to trigger events being turned over to say.... a random encounter/event manager system? That would be a pretty nice picture. :)

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Joking aside...I can see the integration that allows audience members to trigger events being turned over to say.... a random encounter/event manager system? That would be a pretty nice picture. :)

Some code could in theory make future legendary weapon's/armour's buffs' effects easier to implement. It would also improve modding.

3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

In no way did I meant to be a tutor of anyone's free time. I said it's a well done feature and I don't like it AT ALL with enphasis in that last part, with an statement about what I think I'd rather see them do/ get implemented, which is just an opinion, no matter how low do you think of it. I'm completely unaware that they do pet projects on their free time, which I believe isn't exactly true once they get  green lighted. When did this turn into politics? I plead whatever it is I must plead. 

Yes, once green lit it does take up dev time, but it was worth it to us.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

If Lathan had spent his free time making zip lines a reality I'd be a whole lot happier.... ;)

But then I would be saying "waste of time". You can't make them all happy.

5 minutes ago, faatal said:

Ironically, if you'd been on the team back when they first attempted ziplines you probably could have come up with the solutions they needed and you would have overcome the issues that ultimately turned them away from them. In that case, they probably would have been a long-standing feature today.

Ah well...somewhere in the multiverse it is a faatal reality instead of a faatal waste of time. This timeline sux.

51 minutes ago, Roland said:

Ironically, if you'd been on the team back when they first attempted ziplines you probably could have come up with the solutions they needed and you would have overcome the issues that ultimately turned them away from them. In that case, they probably would have been a long-standing feature today.

Ah well...somewhere in the multiverse it is a faatal reality instead of a faatal waste of time. This timeline sux.

Sure, somewhere in the multiverse, there is an alternative timeline where ziplines exist... Aaand a user Roland is a regular user who happens to hate ziplines feature from the first day they were implemented, and he decided to complain about it so much in the forum that his account had to be temporarily banned by Super Moderator SnowDog1942...

1 minute ago, mr.devolver said:

Sure, somewhere in the multiverse, there is an alternative timeline where ziplines exist... Aaand a user Roland is a regular user who happens to hate ziplines feature from the first day they were implemented, and he decided to complain about it so much in the forum that his account had to be temporarily banned by Super Moderator SnowDog1942...

Obviously an example of a universe already swallowed by Dormammu...

1 hour ago, faatal said:

If you  guys decided to add old skeleton prop i think everyone will be happ ^^ :angel2:💀

1 hour ago, Roland said:

So.... oh @%$# i have idea XD  @faatal maybe talk with the rest of the team to let roland to be gameplay artist in yours next game? 

40 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

7dtd was strange...  do you know succbus game on steam?  yep  it was called 7 demons to die. This was just 7dtd in hell similiar to painkiller 

38 minutes ago, Roland said:

Obviously an example of a universe already swallowed by Dormammu...

Nope  it wasn't so bad for long timeee... Good advice - never trust a nice and cute "alone survivor" girl on demon possesed starship never! 

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

So since we're not making it in october now, unless you all manage to hack reality to add a few extra days in... ;)

November Thanksgiving as a guess?

They mentioned they have over 100 bugs to tackle in one of the streams but I'm feeling hopeful with mid Nov.

1 hour ago, friendlyx3 said:

They mentioned they have over 100 bugs to tackle in one of the streams but I'm feeling hopeful with mid Nov.

The current count is 90. These include important and minor bugs. Experimental will ship with some of those bugs. Even stable will still have some of those bugs.

1 minute ago, faatal said:

The current count is 90. These include important and minor bugs. Experimental will ship with some of those bugs. Even stable will still have some of those bugs.

Wow in 2 weeks 37 bugs. I'm hopeful for November at this rate. Some of those MF might be time-consuming to the extreme though.

I can't wait to test stuff and new city performance with that pink-spiky thingy command you showed on your dev stream. 

48 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Wow in 2 weeks 37 bugs. I'm hopeful for November at this rate. Some of those MF might be time-consuming to the extreme though.

I can't wait to test stuff and new city performance with that pink-spiky thingy command you showed on your dev stream. 

Sounds like you mean the fps graph. You can do that in A19.

Console command: gfx g fps 300 (300 being the number of frames shown)

12 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Its worth mentioning...again...that the frame work under the twitch integration can and will most likely be used for other things.  Big picture guys.  Think positively...😁

Yes. You will be living other people's lives in VR, conveniently removing the need to have one of your own. To the future!

3 hours ago, faatal said:

Sounds like you mean the fps graph. You can do that in A19.

Console command: gfx g fps 300 (300 being the number of frames shown)

While I didn't knew the command (thank you for that!) I mean to try it specifically in a20 downtown and city areas like that. It's good feedback from a "bottom of the food chain PC".

It's fun watching non programmers mention "how many bugs are left" as if that is a number that even exists lol. Probably before you even finish compiling the list of current build bugs, there's been 12 more discovered, 18 more created, 4 fixed, and so many undiscovered that the developer lays awake at night shuddering.

Better to just say "Is A20 stable enough yet where you can play without a royally game breaking bug or giant purple missing textures yet?"

37 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

It's fun watching non programmers mention "how many bugs are left" as if that is a number that even exists lol. Probably before you even finish compiling the list of current build bugs, there's been 12 more discovered, 18 more created, 4 fixed, and so many undiscovered that the developer lays awake at night shuddering.

Better to just say "Is A20 stable enough yet where you can play without a royally game breaking bug or giant purple missing textures yet?"

True, I like that we are in that phase, where we count every number.

It happened before, for last few alphas and adds to the hype. For good or bad.

But at the end, we will all do this happy dance and double click on 7 days to day icon, quilting reality and getting into Our favourite one. 

4 hours ago, Khalagar said:

It is a number that exists, as shown by faatal answering it. Now yes that number may rise and fall during the process but at all times there IS a number on the list.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:12 PM, faatal said:

Don't know the old numbers. Currently there are 1295 shapes:

image.png.57782b93243ec05e644caa4f91dabd63.png

Ah, I should have been more specific. Decoration blocks like those news stands, no parking sign, sale sign, etc. Those blocks are what I was wondering about and how many new ones. 

23 hours ago, Roland said:

If we could script zombie dances, we could put zombie strippers into the strip club POI.

And of course, if we could script dances, we could even have ZOMBIE ELVIS IMPERSONATOR singing at said strip club POI!!!

Come on fun pimps, give us a zombie elvis!

Archived