Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

6 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Was probably my fault. I asked if the dancing zombies I had seen in an earlier stream were part of TI and he said yes and did a demo of it.

How long did that portion go on for? Might go back and watch the rest assuming it got turned off at some point

In my opinion Twitch integration is an ok marketing feature. It's also fun to make from a dev's point of view. That doesn't make it any less lame, useless or offensive. The offense is that It's SO low priority compared to anything that needs to be done, that it's just the winner for poor dev's choice award of 2021. 

But it got done. And it's well done. Please keep developing the game, not a 3rd party whatsapp emoji integration thank you very much. Nobody is going to care about that feature in 30 years,  but they WILL remember the game.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

probably less,  gotta streamline!!!

Oh joy... That is basically the only complaint I have with the game right now. I don't play online but with my wife, so we build a lot, and that is the biggest thing that is lacking in our opinion. I know there are plenty of weird things and bugs that need to addressed, but for the most part it's really great other than the actual base aesthetics.

Edited by Vortexdarksun
expanding on my initial post (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Blake_ said:

In my opinion Twitch integration is an ok marketing feature. It's also fun to make from a dev's point of view. That doesn't make it any less lame, useless or offensive. The offense is that It's SO low priority compared to anything that needs to be done, that it's just the winner for poor dev's choice award of 2021. 

But it got done. And it's well done. Please keep developing the game, not a 3rd party whatsapp emoji integration thank you very much. Nobody is going to care about that feature in 30 years,  but they WILL remember the game.

Well no match how  i hate twitch, twitter streamers etc i can't unfortunatly agree.  Well fnaf is just 6/10 game , this thing with among us  or warzone. People talk about this game because famous steamer play in this game. If Mat Pat make stream with devs some people will buy this game only because he played. This kinda deppressing? yes. Warzone is just bad because cheaters. but people play in this game because another people play. So my problem with 7dtd is : what to do in the future ? i see two ways : first dwarf fortress style- focusing on small but strong community , could be added controversial stuff ,not popular gameplay solutions etc or 2nd - make another game in more popular way, make coop with famous streamers etc.  In first sitation next game will earn less money but will be classic or 2 will earn a lot and be forgotten after 5 years

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Well no match how  i hate twitch, twitter streamers etc i can't unfortunatly agree.  Well fnaf is just 6/10 game , this thing with among us  or warzone. People talk about this game because famous steamer play in this game. If Mat Pat make stream with devs some people will buy this game only because he played. This kinda deppressing? yes. Warzone is just bad because cheaters. but people play in this game because another people play. So my problem with 7dtd is : what to do in the future ? i see two ways : 1 dwarf fortress style- focusing on small but strong community , could be added controversial stuff ,not popular gameplay solutions itd or 2 - make another game in more popular way, make coop with famouse streamers etc.  In first sitation next game will earn less money but will be classic or 2 will earn a lot and be forgotten after 5 years

Well the truth is that if you use tile for your roof covering instead of shingles then peanut butter going on your pancakes will cause beds to be left unmade and a goldfish living in a tank of water only halfway filled will be completely justified. For this reason I put my left sock on first and I suggest velcro over laces whenever wearing flip-flops. But then Mat Pat did investigate ill-fitting pizza slices so the future of the game may be in jeopardy. But that's just a theory.

4 hours ago, Blake_ said:

My understanding was that the twitch feature was done by one of the devs as a pet project on his free time.  In that case, dev resources were not used for something you rate as low priority.

44 minutes ago, Roland said:

Well the truth is that if you use tile for your roof covering instead of shingles then peanut butter going on your pancakes will cause beds to be left unmade and a goldfish living in a tank of water only halfway filled will be completely justified. For this reason I put my left sock on first and I suggest velcro over laces whenever wearing flip-flops. But then Mat Pat did investigate ill-fitting pizza slices so the future of the game may be in jeopardy. But that's just a theory.

This sounds like SCP XD  But i mean : some games are more "for everyone" with another game from this series : gothic 3 , witcher 3 , the settlers, heroes of might and magic etc or became hard as always - total war, hoi3 etc

8 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

It was never really on, as in, the audience could not spawn stuff in. Prime showed stuff from it for about 10 minutes.

10 hours ago, Doomofman said:

How long did that portion go on for? Might go back and watch the rest assuming it got turned off at some point

Yeah as JCrook1028 mentioned it wasn't really turned on. I think he just used a command to turn on the dancing and then used the celebration one for a few minutes.

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

My understanding was that the twitch feature was done by one of the devs as a pet project on his free time.  In that case, dev resources were not used for something you rate as low priority.

It's still a waste of a pet project. Did you see the current pet projects of the team? 

Zombie animals! Dismemberment(was a pet project)! Underground caves and full-city sewers! Heck, even flying zombie squirrels or the Raft!

Yeah, you get the point. Those features trump "instagram procedural make-up integration".