RIP Kinyajuu

Roland

TFP announced today on X that long-time senior developer Robert Dishong AKA Kinyajuu passed away last Friday night. He has been with the Fun Pimps for the last 10 years and contributed a huge amount to the development of the game-- most notably being the senior lead over the random world generation that has allowed us all to be able to play outside of Navezgane County for all these years. He will be sorely missed. Everyone who knew him can attest to what a great person he was and his great talent in the work he did.

Years ago when he was quite active on the forum we would type his name 3 times to summon him like Beetlejuice and he would appear and answer questions and fill us in on what he was working on. I got to know him on a more personal level thanks to our shared passion for smoking meat. He gave me his recipe for the first brisket I tried smoking. Whenever I had questions when trying to help customers troubleshoot getting their game working he was patient and willing to help me out and catch things that I had missed.

Farewell Kinyajuu!

Echoing what @stallionsden posted.  My most sincere condolences to all of his family, friends and colleagues for their loss.  May his memory ever be a blessing.

The improvements to RWG over the last few alphas was amazing, and I really appreciate all the effort that went into that.  As long as people are playing 7 Days to Die, and doing the Dishong Tower challenge, people will remember him.

Oh no. He'll be missed. RWG features has been my most favorite topic to follow. This might sound funny, but he's been number one on my list to talk to if there ever would have been a fan get-together. My thoughts are with his family and with the team.

My sadness is truly a selfish one. Because my main joy playing the game is, terrain
generation, it inspired and will continue to do so. How he did it, was, still is, and
will always be amazing for me.

My mother once submitted a poem, about how sad it is that most people don't really know
how much they were actually appreciated, and how many they have touched, until after.

Kinyajuu, thank you for the joy and inspiration.

13 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

I can't believe it. Ever since the start of the project, Kinyajuu had been with us. I remember him back in 2013, with his ninja profile pic, he's always been a great dude.

My condolences to his family, and may he rest in peace.

Yeah, I remember him being one of the more active devs on the the official alpha threads.  I did not know him personally, of course, but he seemed like the kind of guy that not only loved this project but he loved what it meant to others.  If there's an afterlife, I hope he gets to continue to create and be happy doing what he loves.