Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

2 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Hard to say how this could be done - i didn't played A21 so idk what give a lot of exp - but if i good remember - you told that more perks in X mean more books right? So.... if max limit is 180 minutes per day or more depending if TFP add more minutes per day max + 2 people = i'm totaly sure that's a way to gain granades before day 15 without using cheats. Just need to learn new PoI's + fast gain bike 

Good luck with that. Literally. ;)

19 minutes ago, Roland said:

Good luck with that. Literally. ;)

Thanks. But i'm not such type of player to just make such challenged.  But people like idk  : The Spiffing Brit could try. In H3 people manage figured out to make stuff that's was looking impossible but now are just well know meta or HOI4 or total war players can do things that could be considered by devs and typical players as almost impossible to do

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Roland said:

Nice work everyone on the 7 Brutus Denied 5 puzzle. Here is a visual puzzle for another A21 feature that has nothing to do with Hunger Games.

Can you solve my clue and figure out what is coming to the game?

image.png.0693d5510b50e13f4eb3939dd3564e47.png

Egg timers for kitchen POI deco?

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

Nice work everyone on the 7 Brutus Denied 5 puzzle. Here is a visual puzzle for another A21 feature that has nothing to do with Hunger Games.

image.png.0693d5510b50e13f4eb3939dd3564e47.png

Timers for work benches that burn fuel, or some kind of alarm clock you can set so you know when your dew collectors/farms are ready?

2 hours ago, Roland said:

image.png.961d02dc94b5007a3086931d0919c8eb.png

Alright. Here's my guess. More options for day duration in the game. 

Ok let's get it on:

kid with the repeat symbol on the shirt is a zombie horde (wow he's the exact match of a starving tourist)

15 day timer means 15 Days will be the cycle.

little sign up right with the three arrows means "random choice"

"Toadys special" just means what it is (special event)

the guy to the left in the background is us (the player) caring for some other stuff and probably taken by surprise by whatever happens behind his back

So my guess:

Every 15 days there will be a special "surprise" event (probably special random superhorde, occurring random time of day)

...maybe even with zombie hippos in it

edit:

Maybe it should be "randomly once in every 15 days" instead of "every 15 days",

because a random superhorde occurring right after hordenight day 14 would be a bit unfair

...at least for those who aren't used to DF sreamer cycles after every hordenight 😅

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

Rust-style directional compass? Arrows with the shoes makes me think walking/directions (NESW), the notches on the egg timer make me think of Rust's compass and how it has 0-360 in increments to show direction (perhaps for better navigation on servers?), but the addition of the repeat symbol on the truffle shuffle kid and the kid's existence makes me think that it has nothing to do with the compass UI at all.

Or an option to change the length between trader restock days, perhaps for all, or even per trader.

Or it's both things I've guessed, in some way. Those are my three guesses 😂

Ok, the screaming kid could mean a Screamer, that could come as a special event daily (today's) "special event" (specials) and can happen every 15 mins (or quarter of a day).

The feet pointing in different directions could mean "wandering" or "moving".

So IMO the clue is: There's a new random special event that can happen any day, RNG is checked every 15 minutes (or quarter of a day) where a wandering screamer will spawn and call a horde on you. :confused2:

21 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Ok, the screaming kid could mean a Screamer, that could come as a special event daily (today's) "special event" (specials) and can happen every 15 mins (or quarter of a day).

The screaming child is from the movie "The Goonies". The movie is about the search for a pirate treasure.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Roland said:

There's a special quest type available from the traders that switches between different traders every 15 days / or becomes available at a random trader after 15 days?

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Roland said:

Well, for example, every 15 days it will be possible to update the list of quests from the trader and choose the right one. Or another version: after the 15th day, it will be possible to visit the trader 24 hours a day, at any time 🙄

Puzzle time: My take on the turnabout sign on the raging kid is that the kid symbolizes raging like a zombies and as it is on a menue that is a choice to **turn** into a zombie.

This means the kickstarter promise that you can play as a zombie was implemented finally.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Nowadays, journalism is already a mockery of itself TBH...

Part of the package if nobody pays for information anymore. And the alternative is even worse now.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

15 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Ok let's get it on:

kid with the repeat symbol on the shirt is a zombie horde (wow he's the exact match of a starving tourist)

15 day timer means 15 Days will be the cycle.

little sign up right with the three arrows means "random choice"

"Toadys special" just means what it is (special event)

the guy to the left in the background is us (the player) caring for some other stuff and probably taken by surprise by whatever happens behind his back

So my guess:

Every 15 days there will be a special "surprise" event (probably special random superhorde, occurring random time of day)

...maybe even with zombie hippos in it

edit:

Maybe it should be "randomly once in every 15 days" instead of "every 15 days",

because a random superhorde occurring right after hordenight day 14 would be a bit unfair

...at least for those who aren't used to DF sreamer cycles after every hordenight 😅

after looking at your answer, I think your guess is closer to the truth, not that I can confirm or deny everything.

however, I do know that TFP have been trying to turn Fubar's Twitch integration system into an ingame special event system, and this may be a tease for some of those settings in world gen menus or options?

Going to guess:

*Something* refreshes every 15 days. Maybe ores to reduce the amount of digging and hopefully increase performance.

47 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

after looking at your answer, I think your guess is closer to the truth, not that I can confirm or deny everything.

however, I do know that TFP have been trying to turn Fubar's Twitch integration system into an ingame special event system, and this may be a tease for some of those settings in world gen menus or options?

Bandit attack at day 15?