Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

So did you guys do something to directional sound in the update before last and its still not fixed? I could hear where things were happening last update or before it had direction, now I can't, I can hear something is happening but where I can't tell. Not like before. I was thinking is was just me for a while but after my last horde night it feels like something is up.

If this has been brought up sorry, I haven't been watching the forum.

If not it will at least eliminate a possibility, could be a something got changed in a windows update. Something feels off though.

8 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

So did you guys do something to directional sound in the update before last and its still not fixed? I could hear where things were happening last update or before it had direction, now I can't, I can hear something is happening but where I can't tell. Not like before. I was thinking is was just me for a while but after my last horde night it feels like something is up.

If not it will at least eliminate a possibility, could be a something got changed in a windows update. Something feels off though.

Nothing with directions of sounds should have changed.

1 hour ago, Tmodloader said:

I'm just wondering like, what's different between that and a club besides what I'd imagine is a little more range?

Yeah, it has pretty good range... a little short of the spear. 

I have seen a tier 5 steel sledge with 122 power attack damage, so yeah, it has a lot of damage, and its perk line does knockdown to the person you hit and can also knockdown those near your target. 

That reminds me, how hard would it be to have attack range listed on melee weapons?  Not super important, but would be cool to see.

37 minutes ago, pregnable said:

That reminds me, how hard would it be to have attack range listed on melee weapons?  Not super important, but would be cool to see.

I don't think all weapons (blades?) do have a free line on the window.

I have a quality 4 iron ax with the serrated blade & the structural brace mod and this SOB carves the Z's up!!

Supposedly it's not meant to be a weapon but dayumn!! I got rid of my spear & just double use it for killing & for wood. Love it!!

Weird though it only has 2 mod slots on it. I could swear it had more before but maybe I'm wrong. 🤷

5 hours ago, Tmodloader said:

The new melee range feels a lot better than previously while crits make the game significantly harder. Really great work.

Seeing a visual bug where sometimes blocks don't change visually when upgraded and sometimes bushes don't disappear when picked, ect. Not sure if I can send logs or something

Sadly I still think the crits don't happen nearly often enough. Granted, I don't get hit that often, but my friends do and we have yet to face anything else than one single concussion, in about 35 hours of playtime. It's almost a non-feature for us.

14 minutes ago, beHypE said:

Sadly I still think the crits don't happen nearly often enough. Granted, I don't get hit that often, but my friends do and we have yet to face anything else than one single concussion, in about 35 hours of playtime. It's almost a non-feature for us.

several times, I have gotten hit by a single zombie. usually the vulture, and ended up with all from 2 hits mind you

a broken arm

bleeding

infection

concussion.

and yes, all from the same damn bird inside of 4 seconds. this has happened multiple times. so, RNGesus bends me over, but he seems to be your friend.

Snowdog, no getting excited out of you

21 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Any hints on what we can expect in the .1 and .2 patches for A19?    Only reason I ask is that I still may hold off on starting a game for a bit if the .2 patch as a semi big feature like the junk drone or a big balance change.    I am in no rush, I don't care... I just would rather start a real game when the big things are more set in stone.  Like if the .X patches will just be various small bug fixes and optimizations (which im fine with) I'll start a new game up today.  

Your be forever waiting for the next big thing, play the game! Your missing out oh dog in the snow. 

3 hours ago, beHypE said:

Do you guys wear heavy armor? That's suppose to suppress many of the crits. I wear a mixture of padded & scrap/iron armors & I get sprained legs/arms quite often, broken bones here & there & even occasionally some lacerations. 

Mine is also usually from the vultures as I don't get hit that often either, at least not from zombies. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Do you guys wear heavy armor? That's suppose to suppress many of the crits. I wear a mixture of padded & scrap/iron armors & I get sprained legs/arms quite often, broken bones here & there & even occasionally some lacerations. 

Mine is also usually from the vultures as I don't get hit that often either, at least not from zombies. 

The funny thing is that I've had more critical injuries since I started wearing a steel armor. Before that I had padded armor and barely any critical injuries. It seems to me that as my level increases, so does the chance of critical injury. It could also be because I am dealing with more feral and radioactive zombies.

We're mostly wearing padded with the odd iron here or there. But light armor mostly.

Then again it seems like most of you guys get your crits from vultures, that might explain why my friend gets bodybagged by zombies without a single crit. Maybe the crit chance from vultures should be reduced, but the crit chance from zombies increased.

8 hours ago, STyK_ said:

Did you happen to update windows to the 2004 build? I tried it out and it screwed up my sound and had to revert back to the previous build.

18 hours ago, Azaron said:

@madmoleWhat are the chances of ever getting some kind of emotes? Like a sit in chairs animation for example. As something of an RPer, wouldn't it be cool to be able to sit in a lookout spot while awaiting the horde? :D Kinda like on TWD, when they were seated on top of the camper.

I've been pushing for some of this kind of stuff for years. We want to make it so that NPCs can sandbox around and use various work stations at their base so trader Bob is pounding on a work bench or something, once that tech is written we can possibly extend it to players, or at least modders can do it. The problem is all the weird use cases I suppose like if a user puts the side of the chair against a wall or another block then getting into that seat might clip geometry and push the player into the void. We would have to make chairs "multi blocks" to avoid that, then you can't use them as intended and put a row of bar stools against a bar, etc.

1 hour ago, Grubbage said:

Did you happen to update windows to the 2004 build? I tried it out and it screwed up my sound and had to revert back to the previous build.

Do you guys use external sound card (before latest W10 update), similar problem is what i got, but probably (yes it is Windows at first place) it is because I have 3 outputs and click between them depending on the day hours. 

7 Days is stereo as I tested in 5.1 so far. Stereo directional sound changed, but only when I switched between headphones and some wacky sort of stereo speakers of Strix laptop.

Not from the game, faatal confirmed no changes are made. 

12 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

It sucks the RNG Advanced Generator is broke, i wanted to do a bunch of seeds and record the results of each map, this has happened 3 times now when i do advanced generation, kinda bites lol

20200820203700_1.jpg

@Phoenixshade35 Can you put a ticket in the bug forum for us to look at with step by steps on what you did here? https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/

10 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Come on? ;) Don't tell me you've never wanted to smash a zombie's skull in between two giant steel sledgehammers? ;)

Just need a "sledge knuckle" mod where you weld some kettle bell handles to a sledgehammer head :)

25 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Do you guys use external sound card (before latest W10 update), similar problem is what i got, but probably (yes it is Windows at first place) it is because I have 3 outputs and click between them depending on the day hours. 

7 Days is stereo as I tested in 5.1 so far. Stereo directional sound changed, but only when I switched between headphones and some wacky sort of stereo speakers of Strix laptop.

Not from the game, faatal confirmed no changes are made. 

Sound... card... wait... those still exist? I don't think I've seen a 'sound card' since like... the mid 90s...

Archived