Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

1 hour ago, pregnable said:

Not that it really matters, but I am using that one corner piece as a small ramp, because it works well with my base exit when the base is only 4 high, so I do not have to crouch going inside. 

OMG!! So the Behemoth was added to the game after all... :jaw:

• Like 1

@madmoleWhat are the chances of ever getting some kind of emotes? Like a sit in chairs animation for example. As something of an RPer, wouldn't it be cool to be able to sit in a lookout spot while awaiting the horde? :D Kinda like on TWD, when they were seated on top of the camper.

there seems to be a bug where if you exit the game too fast upon starting, you permanently lose the starting quest.

Also the survival mechanics seem overhauled extremely well, this is a big improvement

4 hours ago, madmole said:

I don't think there will be anything major added, and the drone won't come until A20.

Saving int run for A20 then

Edited by Tmodloader (see edit history)

@madmole would it be possible for vehicles to be automatically locked when you place them down? Like storage boxes.

39 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

there seems to be a bug where if you exit the game too fast upon starting, you permanently lose the starting quest.

Also the survival mechanics seem overhauled extremely well, this is a big improvement

Saving int run for A20 then

That's been around for a while actually.

So... I know we're at a staggering 500 POIs that will be spawned in RWG. In A18, there were only 3 POIs that spawned for T5 quests. Were the other POIs that existed all added to RWG? I believe there were 2 towers and a hospital? Were any others added? This is actually one of the big questions for my group. We're really hoping for some more variety in the T5 quest POIs. :)

23 minutes ago, Darinth said:

So... I know we're at a staggering 500 POIs that will be spawned in RWG. In A18, there were only 3 POIs that spawned for T5 quests. Were the other POIs that existed all added to RWG? I believe there were 2 towers and a hospital? Were any others added? This is actually one of the big questions for my group. We're really hoping for some more variety in the T5 quest POIs. :)

in all of my random worlds, i have never gotten the crack a book hq, dishong tower, higashi pharmacutical, the hospital spawns more often and i always get the factories, honestly i would not mind actually more tier 5 pois to be made and added, sure they are long but fun and very resource heavy, i hope to find a seed that spawns all the tier 5 without being navezgane

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

in all of my random worlds, i have never gotten the crack a book hq, dishong tower, higashi pharmacutical, the hospital spawns more often and i always get the factories, honestly i would not mind actually more tier 5 pois to be made and added, sure they are long but fun and very resource heavy, i hope to find a seed that spawns all the tier 5 without being navezgane

That's what I'm really hoping for. I want some of these. The 6 floor apartment, shotgun messiah factory, and shamway factory are cool... but a bit more variety would be appreciated. I was hoping that the hospital, dishong, or higashi were added to RWG. I wasn't aware of the existence of crack a book hq.

5 minutes ago, Darinth said:

That's what I'm really hoping for. I want some of these. The 6 floor apartment, shotgun messiah factory, and shamway factory are cool... but a bit more variety would be appreciated. I was hoping that the hospital, dishong, or higashi were added to RWG. I wasn't aware of the existence of crack a book hq.

They do exist in RWG, they're just incredibly rare.

5 hours ago, pregnable said:

Is there a reason some of the blocks you can make from wood frames can not be upgraded?

Not that it really matters, but I am using that one corner piece as a small ramp, because it works well with my base exit when the base is only 4 high, so I do not have to crouch going inside. 

I do not really need to upgrade it, but I can see it bothering some of the people I play with and their OCD, lol. 

To alleviate the OCD part, you could just paint them over. ;-)

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

To alleviate the OCD part, you could just paint them over. 😉

Good call, I totally forgot that was a thing, lel. 

Although that one pole with the square on top would be nice to upgrade, because then dogs and zombies would not glitch through the pillars if I stack them. 

39 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

To alleviate the OCD part, you could just paint them over. 😉

When it comes to building, my OCD is so bad that I'm bothered by knowing its a painted block instead of what I wanted it to be.  :)

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, pregnable said:

Yeah, it just got to where I can kinda use melee in multiplayer now. 

If the range gets much shorter, and if the zombies range is not decreased a lot, I would have to go back to only using ranged in multiplayer. 

A while back there was just no way to melee without getting hit a lot in my multiplayer games, which is why I started liking the blunderbuss. 

The main point would be to decrease the zombies hit range a good amount. Decreasing the player's range say 10% or 20% is not going to gimp you if the zombie's was 25% less. There are incremental changes to reach a balance.

14 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Any hints on what we can expect in the .1 and .2 patches for A19?    Only reason I ask is that I still may hold off on starting a game for a bit if the .2 patch as a semi big feature like the junk drone or a big balance change.    I am in no rush, I don't care... I just would rather start a real game when the big things are more set in stone.  Like if the .X patches will just be various small bug fixes and optimizations (which im fine with) I'll start a new game up today.  

Sooner than later???

Today I fixed the bug I hated most in the game! I like 2m high "jump" ladders and this would get me quite often.

Fixed player jumping to a ladder block after having used a ladder would not attach unless jump was still pressed after entering the ladder block (and then have to release jump before you fell out of block).

These are nice too:

Fixed player or AI moving down from air to a ladder would fall 1m.
Fixed player moving down to ground while in a ladder block would keep you attached (slow).
Added player side stepping while on ladders.
Increased player horizontal move speed on ladders and running boosts.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

The new melee range feels a lot better than previously while crits make the game significantly harder. Really great work.

Seeing a visual bug where sometimes blocks don't change visually when upgraded and sometimes bushes don't disappear when picked, ect. Not sure if I can send logs or something

Edited by Tmodloader (see edit history)

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic