Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 hours ago, faatal said:

Nice game. I made it about half way through and stopped playing, but I do that with plenty of games. I bought Below Zero, but not playing until more done.

What I like most about the game is that there are no guns. It make such a difference if you are the hunter or the prey.

@madmole Hello.

1: Machete Power Attack have less reach and knockback than regular attack.

2: A Matter of Stacks

Spoiler

Please, can add Stack of Clay to Art of Mining book 5?

We have Stack of Sand, Iron, Coal, Nitrate, Lead, Rock, Oil Shale and even Wood, why not Clay?

And about Gunpowder, Gas and Ammo, any way to let us compact normal units into stacks? Maybe just inside a Workbench to avoid exploits.

3: I am going deaf thanks to this game!!! 🧏‍♂️

Spoiler

Is it possible add aa option in the audio settings menu to disable Auger and Chainsaw sounds, but not its mechanics and just for self? With this option enabled, auger and chainsaw will still me audible by other players and entities (unless these players have enabled this option too) and these tools will still attract zombies and screamers. This option just will disable the sound to its user.

I have various reasons to request this modification:

1: Repetitive sounds and louder sounds like auger and chainsaw can be harmfull to real heath and can even cause auditive lesions. Of course it can take years to something like that occur just because this game, but imagine a player who already work in a noise ambiente sound and when come to play have to deal with more noise? Games should be fun and relaxing, or I am wrong?

2: Remember, real people when using these tolls aways use protective auditive gear: IPE (Industrial Protective Equipment), more especific: hearing protection device.

3: The auger and chainsaw sounds are very loud and irritating, sometimes I have headache when play this game too much using these tools.

4: I cant use my auger and chainsaw and talk to my friends in Discord at same time cause the sound are very loud, because that, I need turn all game sounds off, what render me vulnerable to zombies attacks or I need lower the game sounds and increase my friends voices what is very irritating.

5: Mostly ppl I encountered in this forum and in the game agree with me these tools have very irritating sounds.

6: I cant listen music or study at same time I am using auger/chainsaw (sometimes I listen some vídeos and study at same time I play).

Someone told me TFP turned auger and chainsaw sounds louder to trouble us allowing zombies approach silently. If it is true, then put this option in the game and when auger and chainsaw are in use, the zombies sounds will be off to the player too (it is very fair to me if a man using gearing protection device cant hear his tool and the zombies.).

I believe my suggestion is very fair, it not will change any game mechanics and will turn the game more enjoyable to all.

Thank you for your attention.

5 hours ago, noob_Lurker said:

Let me help you a bit with the time-frame: what prompted the download was that TFP posted on twitter that "Alpha 19 Stable is out!" ... and at this point neither the steam news nor the 7dtd.com news section were updated. If you mean to tell me that also the steam repository wasn't updated, then that's a fail on whoever decided to post that message to twitter before the new version WAS actually out.

I got confused, either.  Apologies if I made someone`s world wiped.

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

If that screenshot were currently true, you wouldn't be posting it on here right now...

Agreed. I smell deception in the air.

4 minutes ago, DarlingCows said:

I’m not quite up to date but I’m wondering if unique/legendary weapons are on the roadmap. 

They might arrive one day, or they might not.

1 minute ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

THE CHANGELOG WONT LOAD. What do you mean by deception? I am happy to record a loading window but it wont show anything different except a loading circle.

Relax buddy, I was just messing. It's quite early for me right now so I probably won't remember any of this by the morning anyway. But yes, some video evidence could be of help?

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

If that screenshot were currently true, you wouldn't be posting it on here right now...

Hey man, dont take it bad, but I think your job as a moderator would be more productive if you dont just answe like: "You shound't post it here.". Try something more functional and instructive like: "Here is not the right place to post something like that. Go for this (link) session".

19 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

Hey man, dont take it bad, but I think your job as a moderator would be more productive if you dont just answe like: "You shound't post it here.". Try something more functional and instructive like: "Here is not the right place to post something like that. Go for this (link) session".

Hey man, I wasn't telling him not to post it here. I was joking that he was showing the forum being down by....posting on the forum. Just a joke. Go play some A19 stable and relax a bit. :)

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Hey man, I wasn't telling him not to post it here. I was joking that he was showing the forum being down by....posting on the forum. Just a joke. Go play some A19 stable and relax a bit. :)

I am playing right now, cleaning Dishong Tower alone with my crossbow.

Just now, Biscoitoso said:

Where are you to help me then? =(

I am infected and with broken arm and no medication, that is in my vehicle in the entrance and I am at 13th level.

I tried to help. For years I pushed for ziplines. One zipline from the 13th floor down to your car would get you to your meds in no time. ;)

33 minutes ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

THE CHANGELOG WONT LOAD. What do you mean by deception? I am happy to record a loading window but it wont show anything different except a loading circle.

Today is the first day of A19 stable and the server is overloaded with thousands of people all trying to read the patch notes. You may have to wait awhile.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

I tried to help. For years I pushed for ziplines. One zipline from the 13th floor down to your car would get you to your meds in no time. ;)

Hummm, lets see... lets see. And I am listening a video about atrophisics too, something about Interestelar Space and Space Voyages.

11 hours ago, beerfly said:

Walking on a thin ice mate, we`re with him.

*throwing a bone at DaVega`s crotch* 

Fetch & chew.

He will always be after your brains from now on. 

Don't throw stuff at my crotch!

I have to prepare mentally for a baby :P

33 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

Don't throw stuff at my crotch!

I have to prepare mentally for a baby 😛

Its easy to prepare for a baby, just don't sleep for three days or so.  Once that state of mind feels OK, you're good! :)

I wont get into everything it takes for a woman, it's just too inconceivable for a guy.  But if you would like a sample, pull your upper lip up and around to the back of your head, its a start.  😁  (Edit:  I meant 😇)

9 hours ago, noob_Lurker said:

Let me help you a bit with the time-frame: what prompted the download was that TFP posted on twitter that "Alpha 19 Stable is out!" ... and at this point neither the steam news nor the 7dtd.com news section were updated. If you mean to tell me that also the steam repository wasn't updated, then that's a fail on whoever decided to post that message to twitter before the new version WAS actually out.

That's exactly the case. I wouldn't call it a fail though. I like the fact that they threat me with an update on the general timeframe of 24 hours after posting. 

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Except the issue in the screenshot is not about the forums, but about the changelog. And it happens for other pages of the site too (main page, news page, etc) :-s

Any chance for an estimate of when it might get fixed? It's been hours already. Getting into double-digits even. :-|

Archived