Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

5 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

mainly in mp, the other 2 players barely get any conditions, but I as coop server, get them almost every fight

Probably need more info. When getting hit 1 time you NEVER get anything. Second time is a birch. Creatures that hit you several times within a few seconds ALWAYS crit you after the 2nd hit or more. It has to come from the same creature and has to be after the 2nd hit. It was designed that way. So don't get hit 2 times by the same mob and you will never get anything. 

That said, multiplayer ALWAYS has bugs when status ailments are first implemented, and these crits are a new system .  There's a bug with infection cure by honey (and possibly the other more effective ways) that deletes the cure when client reenters the game, for example. Little non-reported issues.

19 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

Okay, this is off topic ... and if the moderators pull it I understand.

We don't want to turn this place into Covid Testimonial Time.

People come here to escape the world so let's leave it at this post and as long as people don't go crazy in response I won't pull it. Let's stick to pressing Madmole for future news so he gets tired of saying "That's A20" and decides to open the A20 Thread.... 

Like this guys:

Hey @madmole are the gamestage modifiers that will be added to POI's and biomes be done for like maybe A19.1 or A19.2? What about the random event manager? A19.3 perhaps?

23 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

<snipped for space>

You're right, this is off topic, and the last thing that any of us want to hear right now. As Roland put it quite perfectly, this is a place for us to escape, both from the world's issues going on right now, and because this is a dev diary of a video game. If you want to put that sort of stuff out there to help yourself and only yourself, write it down on a piece of paper and then crumple it up. Years ago when I was in school, that helped me. But please, for the sake of the mods, the community here, and for newcomers, please try to stay on topic. I doubt a new forum member would want to browse this forum for the first time and then immediately come across... that.

Now, back to A19 chat.

Edit reason: Fixed a glancing spelling error.

My memory has failed me once again, but @madmole, will gamestage modifiers vary from POI to POI in a future update? (ie you have a better shot at looting better gear, even early on, in a factory vs a small rundown shack.)

That's my only criticism with the new loot progression so far, and that is looting T5 or even T4 POI's on day 1 or week 1/2/3/etc. is pretty much a waste of a loot.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:37 PM, Jay_ombie said:

If you didn’t start a new map for b180 the already spawned ones will still be lootable. Any new ones that get found probably won’t be. :p

kept an old save and nothing seemed to be broken. I gotta say im not a fan of that change, they look really nice as containers in general so i liked using them around my base for aesthetics.
In general id like better variety for max sized containers, the boxes can get a little boring

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Cops can speed...

Smelly!

only said he brought it up as an in to make a suggestion on entitygroups

18 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Ok, now to lift the spirits up: "A zombie walks into a bar..." :tongue:

"Hey barman! A beer please!" ... "The barman drinks the beer and starts punching the zombie." :peep:

now now, we all know that if a zombie stripper walked into a bar, some guys would still try to make a pass at her. <cough snowdog cough>

4 hours ago, Roland said:

We don't want to turn this place into Covid Testimonial Time.

People come here to escape the world so let's leave it at this post and as long as people don't go crazy in response I won't pull it. Let's stick to pressing Madmole for future news so he gets tired of saying "That's A20" and decides to open the A20 Thread.... 

Like this guys:

Hey @madmole are the gamestage modifiers that will be added to POI's and biomes be done for like maybe A19.1 or A19.2? What about the random event manager? A19.3 perhaps?

Ooo, I have a good one.  Any more HD zeds for A19.1...2...3 or are all remaining pushed to A20?

MadMole

You posted a statement regarding too many tris or or poly on screen, in relation to the unity engine.

So, I did a test, and it may only be related to my pc, a19 pre stable. I adjusted the Grass to 1.0 for
all of the the biomes except desert. The result was visually beautiful, but it would kick out in the
Pine forest mostly.

It gave me a thought regarding zombies.  In the future can there be 2 levels of detail type zombies
produced.  The Top billers Moe, Joe, Steve etc.  Plus a Low poly low generic color texture, Fodder set,
sort of like the single digit Alpha Z's for random roaming, roaming horde, or 7th Night.

They would have low HP, Low XP yield, that can be used as a scenery and activity filler.

For them just use a general controller, sort of like a swarm AI. Distance based, like a sphere of influence.

12 hours ago, LeonProfessional said:

Hi Faatal,

Are we going to be getting a fix for the ghost block issue with distant POI’s In A19?. I only had this happen a few times in A18 but A19 is horrible every time I load a game and leave a chunk it starts. I can re log to fix it but it’s ruining my experience and many others as well. I can also enter POIS in the console to fix it but then I don’t see distant POI’s, is there another command I can use to reload this?..... OR is this something on my end? I have a decent Machine with an RTX2060. I even tried completely nuking the game install and started fresh but still happening.

I have not seen that bug nor have I seen a bug report from testers. We would need a reproduction case to fix.

46 minutes ago, faatal said:

I have not seen that bug nor have I seen a bug report from testers. We would need a reproduction case to fix.

It's a tough one to nail down.  My brother has experienced it only once or twice during A19 experimental on our server and the only mods we are running are just a handful of custom POIs.  I was logged in when it happened to him and when I visited the vanilla POI where it was happening, it looked perfectly fine to me while it did not for him.  He streamed in discord what he was seeing and it was the distant POI mesh overlapping the POI.  Since the POI looked fine on my machine, it tells me its some type of client based issue...

8 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

"Hey barman! A beer please!" ... "The barman drinks the beer and starts punching the zombie." :peep:

Surprisingly, that did cheer me up. Thanks mate, I needed that. Last night a dog ate my face.  Now we're both dead! 

Hey,  @faatal , did you really speed up chickens or was you just messing with us? I was on a chicken murder spree yesterday and found them too slow for my awesome stone spear 😈  😛🗡️🐔 🍽️

8 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Bahahaha! Awesome 🤣

@MechanicalLens how do I stick my face on this here flying, top hat wearing, cool cane swinging profile pic of mine?

5 hours ago, Toban said:

Surprisingly, that did cheer me up. Thanks mate, I needed that. Last night a dog ate my face.  Now we're both dead! 

I've got another one for you...

I remember when we had Hornets instead of voltures, but people said they were breaking immersion and "out of place".

They were wrong! You know why? Because they were Zombees! :bounce:

13 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I remember when we had Hornets instead of voltures, but people said they were breaking immersion and "out of place".

I really didn't mind the Hornets 😛 I hate the vultures because, well they be meanies. But I Loved your jokes🤣It's really nice to see fun things on this forum :) something to make people smile :)

4 minutes ago, Laynie said:

I really didn't mind the Hornets 😛 I hate the vultures because, well they be meanies. But I Loved your jokes🤣It's really nice to see fun things on this forum :) something to make people smile :)

Thanks! :laugh:

I had to reply because... I'm out of reactions for today!

Back On Topic... I'm reading on Steam that the general consensus (and my personal experience) is that A19 b180 is the best performing version ever!!

Congrats to TFP! Great job! :first:

Vultures are the best... they are like air dogs, and even the Devs QQ about them on streams... Vultures are the best. 

I still want to try an agility build, but having too much fun on my str/intel build.  Going to start bringing 2 junk sledges with me to tier 5 pois, color them and call them by name. 

Plus I know the agility build is probably going to drag unless I go some strength first. 

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Lol, that's just great. I'm really buzzing now.

48 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I still got reactions to distribute and am glad I could give you one. Use it as you see fit 😃

Lol, I expected something like that... but I forgot to add the "hiding behind a wall" emoticon to protect me from poop! :rip:

34 minutes ago, Toban said:

Lol, that's just great. I'm really buzzing now.

Ok, now we're in business! :yo:

7 hours ago, Laynie said:

Hey,  @faatal , did you really speed up chickens or was you just messing with us? I was on a chicken murder spree yesterday and found them too slow for my awesome stone spear 😈  😛🗡️🐔 🍽️

Bahahaha! Awesome 🤣

@MechanicalLens how do I stick my face on this here flying, top hat wearing, cool cane swinging profile pic of mine?

I honestly just used Paint 3D which came with my computer. 😛 If you don't have it, I'm sure a free photoshopping app/website exists. :) But such engineering is beyond my capabilities.

Archived