12 hours ago, LeonProfessional said:

Hi Faatal,

Are we going to be getting a fix for the ghost block issue with distant POI’s In A19?. I only had this happen a few times in A18 but A19 is horrible every time I load a game and leave a chunk it starts. I can re log to fix it but it’s ruining my experience and many others as well. I can also enter POIS in the console to fix it but then I don’t see distant POI’s, is there another command I can use to reload this?..... OR is this something on my end? I have a decent Machine with an RTX2060. I even tried completely nuking the game install and started fresh but still happening.

I have not seen that bug nor have I seen a bug report from testers. We would need a reproduction case to fix.

46 minutes ago, faatal said:

I have not seen that bug nor have I seen a bug report from testers. We would need a reproduction case to fix.

It's a tough one to nail down.  My brother has experienced it only once or twice during A19 experimental on our server and the only mods we are running are just a handful of custom POIs.  I was logged in when it happened to him and when I visited the vanilla POI where it was happening, it looked perfectly fine to me while it did not for him.  He streamed in discord what he was seeing and it was the distant POI mesh overlapping the POI.  Since the POI looked fine on my machine, it tells me its some type of client based issue...

8 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Ok, now to lift the spirits up: "A zombie walks into a bar..." :tongue:

"Hey barman! A beer please!" ... "The barman drinks the beer and starts punching the zombie." :peep:

Surprisingly, that did cheer me up. Thanks mate, I needed that. Last night a dog ate my face.  Now we're both dead! 

• Thanks 1

Hey,  @faatal , did you really speed up chickens or was you just messing with us? I was on a chicken murder spree yesterday and found them too slow for my awesome stone spear 😈  😛🗡️🐔 🍽️

8 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Ok, now to lift the spirits up: "A zombie walks into a bar..." :tongue:

"Hey barman! A beer please!" ... "The barman drinks the beer and starts punching the zombie." :peep:

Bahahaha! Awesome 🤣

@MechanicalLens how do I stick my face on this here flying, top hat wearing, cool cane swinging profile pic of mine?

5 hours ago, Toban said:

Surprisingly, that did cheer me up. Thanks mate, I needed that. Last night a dog ate my face.  Now we're both dead! 

I've got another one for you...

I remember when we had Hornets instead of voltures, but people said they were breaking immersion and "out of place".

They were wrong! You know why? Because they were Zombees! :bounce:

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I remember when we had Hornets instead of voltures, but people said they were breaking immersion and "out of place".

I really didn't mind the Hornets 😛 I hate the vultures because, well they be meanies. But I Loved your jokes🤣It's really nice to see fun things on this forum :) something to make people smile :)

4 minutes ago, Laynie said:

I really didn't mind the Hornets 😛 I hate the vultures because, well they be meanies. But I Loved your jokes🤣It's really nice to see fun things on this forum :) something to make people smile :)

Thanks! :laugh:

I had to reply because... I'm out of reactions for today!

Back On Topic... I'm reading on Steam that the general consensus (and my personal experience) is that A19 b180 is the best performing version ever!!

Congrats to TFP! Great job! :first:

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Vultures are the best... they are like air dogs, and even the Devs QQ about them on streams... Vultures are the best. 

I still want to try an agility build, but having too much fun on my str/intel build.  Going to start bringing 2 junk sledges with me to tier 5 pois, color them and call them by name. 

Plus I know the agility build is probably going to drag unless I go some strength first. 

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Lol, that's just great. I'm really buzzing now.

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I still got reactions to distribute and am glad I could give you one. Use it as you see fit 😃

Lol, I expected something like that... but I forgot to add the "hiding behind a wall" emoticon to protect me from poop! :rip:

34 minutes ago, Toban said:

Lol, that's just great. I'm really buzzing now.

Ok, now we're in business! :yo:

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Laynie said:

Hey,  @faatal , did you really speed up chickens or was you just messing with us? I was on a chicken murder spree yesterday and found them too slow for my awesome stone spear 😈  😛🗡️🐔 🍽️

Bahahaha! Awesome 🤣

@MechanicalLens how do I stick my face on this here flying, top hat wearing, cool cane swinging profile pic of mine?

I honestly just used Paint 3D which came with my computer. 😛 If you don't have it, I'm sure a free photoshopping app/website exists. :) But such engineering is beyond my capabilities.

1 hour ago, Laynie said:

I can make anyone here smile, trust me.

• Haha 2

Have you lot monitored your Output usage for your CPU & GPU ?

I am trying to suss out the bottleneck, as I am seeing the game using up to 60% only of my CPU and GPU resources majority of the time (I say majority as I yet to figure out those few moments when my GPU will max out)

Maximum power usage in Windows. Tried different Nvidia drivers.

i7 with a GTX 1080ti.

I tried Vsync on / off

Graphical options on/off

Options on HIGH, max LOD but to be honest changing the Graphical options up/down seems to have no affect.

I could easily have more frames so its frustrating to see this going on.

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I honestly just used Paint 3D which came with my computer. 😛 If you don't have it, I'm sure a free photoshopping app/website exists. :) But such engineering is beyond my capabilities.

I'll give it a go :D

Okay, serious question... when you get into the upper game stages, does it become impossible to find tier 6 primitive items?

I like using the stone axe, but I was unlucky and did not find a tier 6 stone axe, and I have been looting for a while and it almost feels like I am not going to find one lol. 

So am I blocked out of finding them now, or is it just really rare?

If they do stop dropping at some point, is there any way we can get tier 6 crafting back, just for the primitive weapons and tools, at like maxed rank of the skill?

2 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Have you lot monitored your Output usage for your CPU & GPU ?

I am trying to suss out the bottleneck, as I am seeing the game using up to 60% only of my CPU and GPU resources majority of the time (I say majority as I yet to figure out those few moments when my GPU will max out)

Maximum power usage in Windows. Tried different Nvidia drivers.

i7 with a GTX 1080ti.

I tried Vsync on / off

Graphical options on/off

Options on HIGH, max LOD but to be honest changing the Graphical options up/down seems to have no affect.

I could easily have more frames so its frustrating to see this going on.

Hi! What resolution do you play in? Another question, do you, every time you make changes to the graphics, be it up or down the quality, exit the game and open it again? This was once named MM I think by alpha 18

16 minutes ago, rubens9311 said:

Hi! What resolution do you play in? Another question, do you, every time you make changes to the graphics, be it up or down the quality, exit the game and open it again? This was once named MM I think by alpha 18

1920 x 1080

Yeah ,I restart game for testing.

:)

22 hours ago, Roland said:

We don't want to turn this place into Covid Testimonial Time.

People come here to escape the world so let's leave it at this post and as long as people don't go crazy in response I won't pull it. Let's stick to pressing Madmole for future news so he gets tired of saying "That's A20" and decides to open the A20 Thread.... 

Like this guys:

Hey @madmole are the gamestage modifiers that will be added to POI's and biomes be done for like maybe A19.1 or A19.2? What about the random event manager? A19.3 perhaps?

Get Rekt son. A40+ stuff right there. Anyhow you should know that feature lock means no new features, but I know you are joking so it's fine, I jest too, there will be no A40 lol. I'm even blocking new art content because frankly, it will make A20 that much better versus being "meh" for A19.x.

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

MadMole

You posted a statement regarding too many tris or or poly on screen, in relation to the unity engine.

So, I did a test, and it may only be related to my pc, a19 pre stable. I adjusted the Grass to 1.0 for
all of the the biomes except desert. The result was visually beautiful, but it would kick out in the
Pine forest mostly.

It gave me a thought regarding zombies.  In the future can there be 2 levels of detail type zombies
produced.  The Top billers Moe, Joe, Steve etc.  Plus a Low poly low generic color texture, Fodder set,
sort of like the single digit Alpha Z's for random roaming, roaming horde, or 7th Night.

They would have low HP, Low XP yield, that can be used as a scenery and activity filler.

For them just use a general controller, sort of like a swarm AI. Distance based, like a sphere of influence.

Polygons are not expensive though, at least in normal use cases. The controller and pathing/AI is where all the CPU goes. It would look bad too seeing low poly filler zombies next to high poly regular zombies. Everything needs to be the same fidelity.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic