Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

7 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

I mean... you can just walk to a pond and have infinite water.

I'd guess it's because they were too many containers to loot that only had murky water, and you can get it in toilets too, so maybe they thought it was too much.

I know, but it was just a nice touch imo. Added a little bit more detail. Oh well, it is what it is.

people... a19 stable is b180 there was no change other then tagging it. if you were playing/testing on experimental b180 then you already have the stable. you can opt out and click on the stable but you most likely wont see anything downloaded until we get into 19.1b#

enjoy
:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

1 hour ago, Xtrakicking said:

I mean... you can just walk to a pond and have infinite water.

I'd guess it's because they were too many containers to loot that only had murky water, and you can get it in toilets too, so maybe they thought it was too much.

Why don't they introduce wine as a drink, similar to beer?

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

[...] if you were playing/testing on experimental b180 then you already have the stable. you can opt out and click on the stable but you most likely wont see anything downloaded until we get into 19.1b# [...]

Tell that to the streamer that opted out of exp, while live, and had to download 4 GB... (twice.)

Spoiler

Actually, what was up with that? Was his guess (that the "none" branch still had a18) anywhere near correct?!

25 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

Tell that to the streamer that opted out of exp, while live, and had to download 4 GB... (twice.)

Hide contents

Actually, what was up with that? Was his guess (that the "none" branch still had a18) anywhere near correct?!

Maybe he opted before the stable branch was updated.  Just a guess based on the time frame.

24 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's because the streamer didn't check the steamdb page to confirm if the update was indeed uploaded on steam and not only the announcing text, resulting in 18.4 downloading and then 19 force-downloading after finishing 18.4 as it came maybe a little bit after and stable releases are forced updates.

Happened to me once or twice with a couple of games. Check the update first, never trust the posts.

That said, streamers are the last people you want for making examples about updates or downloads , mostly because they don't have the time to properly study the status on anything they stream nor prepare in real time.

4 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

That's because the streamer didn't check the steamdb page to confirm if the update was indeed uploaded on steam and not only the announcing text, resulting in 18.4 downloading and then 19 force-downloading after finishing 18.4 as it came maybe a little bit after and stable releases are forced updates.

Happened to me once or twice with a couple of games. Check the update first, never trust the posts.

That said, streamers are the last people you want for making examples about updates or downloads , mostly because they don't have the time to properly study the status on anything they stream nor prepare in real time.

Let me help you a bit with the time-frame: what prompted the download was that TFP posted on twitter that "Alpha 19 Stable is out!" ... and at this point neither the steam news nor the 7dtd.com news section were updated. If you mean to tell me that also the steam repository wasn't updated, then that's a fail on whoever decided to post that message to twitter before the new version WAS actually out.

13 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Don't worry. Subnautica's fine. In fact, the developers have announced yesterday to port Subnautica and Subnautica: Below Zero to Nintendo Switch. Many new players on that platform.

Nice game. I made it about half way through and stopped playing, but I do that with plenty of games. I bought Below Zero, but not playing until more done.

24 minutes ago, faatal said:

Nice game. I made it about half way through and stopped playing, but I do that with plenty of games. I bought Below Zero, but not playing until more done.

im just waiting for it to come to xbox. you should play it all the way! even though at times that game becomes a horror game! *COUGH* REAPER *COUGH*

5 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

im just waiting for it to come to xbox. you should play it all the way! even though at times that game becomes a horror game! *COUGH* REAPER *COUGH*

I played it only on hardcore, i beat it too, i loved subnautica

Oh it is on xbox, u can download it through the gamepass

3 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

@faatal

Is zombie incredible reach on the non "server" player in peer to peer still on your list?  ;);)

Yes, it just got buried under a lot of other tasks. Player reach could actually use a nerf too.

9 minutes ago, faatal said:

Yes, it just got buried under a lot of other tasks. Player reach could actually use a nerf too.

Players reach for looting busses I can agree with.

Or increase wrenching range to match, your breaking my immersion.😜

15 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

You do mean for containers/workstations too right? We can be like 24 feet away and open stuff now heh

Yeah, I wouldn't mind to have to get right up to a cabinet or a box rather than being able to loot it from several meters away. 😛 At least it's not as bad as the school buses and the military trucks used to be. 😛

22 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

You do mean for containers/workstations too right? We can be like 24 feet away and open stuff now heh

I'm just talking about melee combat reach. Watch a player hit stuff. They can hit while visually not touching. Now some of that extra reach might stay, because we may decide it makes for better feeling combat. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, faatal said:

I'm just talking about melee combat reach. Watch a player hit stuff. They can hit while visually not touching. Now some of that extra reach might stay, because we may decide it makes for better feeling combat. Just my opinion.

Yeah I noticed that and detatched the camera and played with it with the swing arc display activated, it's quite long and the visual thing is noticable. But, it kinda sorta does help melee out... I know it really does on my nightmare speed runs.

But looting/activating workstations and etc. definitely is way longer than it used to be lol.

2 minutes ago, faatal said:

Yep, I am willing to bet what feels "right" for some players is player magic hands as things in 1st person look alot different from 3rd person.

4 minutes ago, faatal said:

for a19 i gotta say, the close combat with all the weapons felt better to me than a18, in 18 i was only good with clubs and the stun baton, now i can use any weapon as they seem to react better and hit better, i even have a new found love for the knives, i so want a katana in the game or even a sword, machete good for carving, sword better for combat lol

On 8/16/2020 at 3:48 PM, madmole said:

I have an idea for a mutated fly human gross looking thing but we were a little worried it might turn into a hornet 2.0 issue that people wouldn't like it.

hornet 2.jpg

that's like krampus vs cupid vs brundle-fly

now i have to watch cat videos so i can sleep lol

Archived