Jump to content

Alpha 19 Dev Diary


madmole

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, beHypE said:

We're mostly wearing padded with the odd iron here or there. But light armor mostly.

 

Then again it seems like most of you guys get your crits from vultures, that might explain why my friend gets bodybagged by zombies without a single crit. Maybe the crit chance from vultures should be reduced, but the crit chance from zombies increased.

Honestly I don't mind if crits are increased or if they stay the way they are, but I would much prefer for bleeding to return first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, madmole said:

I've been pushing for some of this kind of stuff for years. We want to make it so that NPCs can sandbox around and use various work stations at their base so trader Bob is pounding on a work bench or something, once that tech is written we can possibly extend it to players, or at least modders can do it. The problem is all the weird use cases I suppose like if a user puts the side of the chair against a wall or another block then getting into that seat might clip geometry and push the player into the void. We would have to make chairs "multi blocks" to avoid that, then you can't use them as intended and put a row of bar stools against a bar, etc.

This does sound like an awesome feature to have, but, although the void sounds like my comfy space as its black like my soul, I wouldn't like to be stuck in there during a game 😛 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Honestly I don't mind if crits are increased or if they stay the way they are, but I would much prefer for bleeding to return first.

Same! that always killed me more then any zombie. Bleeding! 

oh no i have a Scratch and its bleeding a bi.. *dead*

 

i can't wait to see what TFP have for "special zombies" too add more danager

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, beHypE said:

Sadly I still think the crits don't happen nearly often enough. Granted, I don't get hit that often, but my friends do and we have yet to face anything else than one single concussion, in about 35 hours of playtime. It's almost a non-feature for us.

Multi player, yes?

6 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

several times, I have gotten hit by a single zombie. usually the vulture, and ended up with all from 2 hits mind you

a broken arm

bleeding

infection

concussion.

and yes, all from the same damn bird inside of 4 seconds. this has happened multiple times. so, RNGesus bends me over, but he seems to be your friend.

 

Snowdog, no getting excited out of you

Single player or Multi player?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

several times, I have gotten hit by a single zombie. usually the vulture, and ended up with all from 2 hits mind you

a broken arm

bleeding

infection

concussion.

and yes, all from the same damn bird inside of 4 seconds. this has happened multiple times. so, RNGesus bends me over, but he seems to be your friend.

 

Snowdog, no getting excited out of you

I get this from a Single player game, Vultures are nasty @%$*#!s (but ups the anti and risk I think)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I think it could add a lot to the game later (not so much now). Things like that could be extended to the zombies and bandits too. Sneak up to a bandit who is sitting in a chair, lying in bed, busy at a workbench. NPCs strapped to trees, used as bait for zombie traps. Zombies strapped to beds and chairs by family who just couldn't let go, but their rage and hunger when they see you allows them to bust free.

Yeah there is no issue at all using the tech on zombies and bandits, it is just players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one thing i want to say is that i love the level of detail that TFP put in icons and props!

 

take this for example 

Testosterone Extract - Official 7 Days to Die Wiki

there is so much detail in this bottle like little text thats its great!

others things like the books and meds in stores! even trash on the ground looks great!

Spoiler

BTW this is my favorite Hand sanitizer

 Bottle of Acid - Official 7 Days to Die Wiki

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, beHypE said:

Sadly I still think the crits don't happen nearly often enough. Granted, I don't get hit that often, but my friends do and we have yet to face anything else than one single concussion, in about 35 hours of playtime. It's almost a non-feature for us.

Sounds like your zombies are way too slow, in only 10 hours of playtime I've experienced a large amount of crits. It tends to only happen if you get hit 2 or more times in a row, I could imagine you could avoid getting hit more than once in a row on slower speeds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

Sounds like your zombies are way too slow, in only 10 hours of playtime I've experienced a large amount of crits. It tends to only happen if you get hit 2 or more times in a row, I could imagine you could avoid getting hit more than once in a row on slower speeds.

 

Yeah, I think you do not get crits on the first hit if you are at 100% health, or something like that.  After that you start to get them dumped on you. 

 

So if you are not seeing them you are probably not getting hit, or maybe there is a multiplayer bug, where the host gets all the crits lel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve experienced more crits in b180 on a dedi than before which is good but I don’t know if I’m seeing it often enough or not but it is improved.Another thing I’ve noticed in mp on a dedi is that I get hit in melee without a corresponding zombie swing animation much more often than in previous alphas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, madmole said:

I've been pushing for some of this kind of stuff for years. We want to make it so that NPCs can sandbox around and use various work stations at their base so trader Bob is pounding on a work bench or something, once that tech is written we can possibly extend it to players, or at least modders can do it. The problem is all the weird use cases I suppose like if a user puts the side of the chair against a wall or another block then getting into that seat might clip geometry and push the player into the void. We would have to make chairs "multi blocks" to avoid that, then you can't use them as intended and put a row of bar stools against a bar, etc.

That would be awesome and add a lot of immersion to the game, yes! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding criticals...

 

I was playtesting the Red Mesa POI recently as I wanted to see what it was like after its recent update and to also learn more about level design...

 

...while climbing a ladder I tried to jump off onto a platform but ended up letting go and falling 2+stories and was greeted with a broken leg critical.....

 

...oh man that critical changed things 100% and made clearing the POI intense.  I thankfully was able to make a splint but had 40 minutes of debuff to slog through.  Because running and jumping would prolong the injury and/or damage my HP, I had to take things slower and be more methodical when clearing rooms.  It was actually a ton of fun for me.  I used a Tier 4 equipment loadout and was level 1 so it was a fun challenge.

 

For those looking for a fun challenge.  Try loading up any T4 or T5 POI in the prefab editor and then play test it using only a T4/T5 equipment loadout and whatever you find in the POI.  Really exciting, especially given you start at level 1 and no perks.  :)

 

Edit: I am happy to report I cleared the entire POI without dying.  :)

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

mine was working fine in my world that was experimental and carried over, what is yours doing, just not working?

I kept same map from B173 I think for a change as there was minimum changes in after builds (and I wasn't reporting any bugs at the time). But in current game now official b180 the Chainsaw doesn't do a thing with the tree I am attempting to cut down. Chippings appear but nothing else happens. Will try other tree's and continue to test.

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jay_ombie said:

I kept same map from B173 I think for a change as there was minimum changes. But in current game the Chainsaw doesn't do a thing with the tree I am attempting to cut down. Chippings appear but nothing else happens.

do u have enough parts to make another one or able to buy one from the trader? its possible the one might be bugged

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

do u have enough parts to make another one or able to buy one from the trader? its possible the one might be bugged

Just found it as Loot... do not normally bother with them. I will look to find another. Thanks.

 

No one else comes in to mention then I shall denounce it as a freak error in current game and move on.

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...