Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

46 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

Sounds like your zombies are way too slow, in only 10 hours of playtime I've experienced a large amount of crits. It tends to only happen if you get hit 2 or more times in a row, I could imagine you could avoid getting hit more than once in a row on slower speeds.

Yeah, I think you do not get crits on the first hit if you are at 100% health, or something like that.  After that you start to get them dumped on you. 

So if you are not seeing them you are probably not getting hit, or maybe there is a multiplayer bug, where the host gets all the crits lel. 

I’ve experienced more crits in b180 on a dedi than before which is good but I don’t know if I’m seeing it often enough or not but it is improved.Another thing I’ve noticed in mp on a dedi is that I get hit in melee without a corresponding zombie swing animation much more often than in previous alphas. 

4 hours ago, madmole said:

I've been pushing for some of this kind of stuff for years. We want to make it so that NPCs can sandbox around and use various work stations at their base so trader Bob is pounding on a work bench or something, once that tech is written we can possibly extend it to players, or at least modders can do it. The problem is all the weird use cases I suppose like if a user puts the side of the chair against a wall or another block then getting into that seat might clip geometry and push the player into the void. We would have to make chairs "multi blocks" to avoid that, then you can't use them as intended and put a row of bar stools against a bar, etc.

That would be awesome and add a lot of immersion to the game, yes! :D

Regarding criticals...

I was playtesting the Red Mesa POI recently as I wanted to see what it was like after its recent update and to also learn more about level design...

...while climbing a ladder I tried to jump off onto a platform but ended up letting go and falling 2+stories and was greeted with a broken leg critical.....

...oh man that critical changed things 100% and made clearing the POI intense.  I thankfully was able to make a splint but had 40 minutes of debuff to slog through.  Because running and jumping would prolong the injury and/or damage my HP, I had to take things slower and be more methodical when clearing rooms.  It was actually a ton of fun for me.  I used a Tier 4 equipment loadout and was level 1 so it was a fun challenge.

For those looking for a fun challenge.  Try loading up any T4 or T5 POI in the prefab editor and then play test it using only a T4/T5 equipment loadout and whatever you find in the POI.  Really exciting, especially given you start at level 1 and no perks.  :)

Edit: I am happy to report I cleared the entire POI without dying.  :)

24 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

mine was working fine in my world that was experimental and carried over, what is yours doing, just not working?

I kept same map from B173 I think for a change as there was minimum changes in after builds (and I wasn't reporting any bugs at the time). But in current game now official b180 the Chainsaw doesn't do a thing with the tree I am attempting to cut down. Chippings appear but nothing else happens. Will try other tree's and continue to test.

1 minute ago, Jay_ombie said:

I kept same map from B173 I think for a change as there was minimum changes. But in current game the Chainsaw doesn't do a thing with the tree I am attempting to cut down. Chippings appear but nothing else happens.

do u have enough parts to make another one or able to buy one from the trader? its possible the one might be bugged

14 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

do u have enough parts to make another one or able to buy one from the trader? its possible the one might be bugged

Just found it as Loot... do not normally bother with them. I will look to find another. Thanks.

No one else comes in to mention then I shall denounce it as a freak error in current game and move on.

3 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

Just found it as Loot... do not normally bother with them. I will look to find another. Thanks.

No one else comes in to mention then I shall denounce it as a freak error in current game and move on.

if your basically kissing the tree, engine is revving and its full of gas id call a bug, i would say spawn one in from creative of the same tier and see if it works, then if it does toss the bad one

10 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

if your not on a server, just press F1 type in cm and open the creative menu and get yourself another one, then type cm again into the console to get out of creative mode 

23 minutes ago, BobbyLee298 said:

if your not on a server, just press F1 type in cm and open the creative menu and get yourself another one, then type cm again into the console to get out of creative mode 

22 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i always forget to add that, ive only used it once myself lol, thank you

I'am loopy, it was just in the boundaries of the Trader !!!!! .... I couldn't hear the DUNG noise due to the chainsaw noise... OMG....  :mmph:

The Sledge Turret is very useful if you place it in the right spot! :laser:

I have a BM base with a narrow entrance and I put the sledge in the middle of the path... it's so fun watching zombies being smashed back lol

Just now, Jay_ombie said:

I'am loopy, it was just in the boundaries of the Trader !!!!! .... I couldn't hear the DUNG noise due to the chainsaw noise... OMG....  :mmph:

ROTFL! :heh:

13 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I have a BM base with a narrow entrance and I put the sledge in the middle of the path... it's so fun watching zombies being smashed back lol

Actually got one myself only earlier, its going to be knocking the zombies into a kill corner where all my firepower will be aiming at come blood moon....  :tongue:

12 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i now carry hatches with me, place a hatch down, wake up a house, place down hatch, raise hatch, place frame behind, place sledge on the frame, watch in laughter

Question I see a lot of players using hatches in there bases as barriers/doors when left open and I beg to wonder if they are the next loop hole as I do not think that they can be damaged by zombies when open and facing away from incoming zombies right ?

22 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Yeah, I was doing a tier 5 quest on horde day and did not have enough time to go back to my main base, so I went to a nearby test base...

The thing is, I did not have a lot of ammo, but I did have 2 sledge turrets, and they did all the work, lel...

This screenshot is not long after the horde ended, and before any repairs...

meleeturret.jpg

1 minute ago, Jay_ombie said:

Question I see a lot of players using hatches in there bases as barriers/doors when left open and I beg to wonder if they are the next loop hole as I do not think that they can be damaged by zombies when open and facing away from incoming zombies right ?

They CAN be damaged, but zombies are dumb and it is hard for them to hit something below their knees. 🤪

Archived