Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 minutes ago, beerfly said:

And you`re grounded to set your current game on horde night every night, for the hours you watched all that magic on YT. 😛 

Funny you said that, my current world is indeed horde every night. 😛

5 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

If your willing to eat tuna gravy, cat/dog food is not too far off lol...

I make a whole variety of delicious dishes if you're interested. :) Cat food casserole, hamdoggers with cheese, sloppy meows, and bark chocolate for dessert.

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Funny you said that, my current world is indeed horde every night. 😛

Tbh, I am awaiting for my vacation soon to try that again, but alone. Probably won`t set it on insane, just wanna enjoy all I`ve missed. 

Will set it to 60 min, 7 days for drops (no markers), most probably at some point will switch to dead is dead, but after I get used with the new improvements that faatal added. And on a new seed. 

Hope you have good fun out there. 

19 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

If your willing to eat tuna gravy, cat/dog food is not too far off lol...

Agri snob much? 😜🤣 Seriously, meat (fish, beef, pork, or poultry) and gravy over toast/rice/hash browns/fries (chips to you barbaric anglophiles 🤣)/etc. is in the realm of "soup and sandwich" of god tier irl foods. :D Especially if it's got shredded cheese on top. 

2 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Agri snob much? 😜🤣 Seriously, meat (fish, beef, pork, or poultry) and gravy over toast/rice/hash browns/fries (chips to you barbaric anglophiles 🤣)/etc. is in the realm of "soup and sandwich" of god tier irl foods. :D Especially if it's got shredded cheese on top. 

Honestly some of the greatest foods on this Earth are made with the sole intention of poisoning someone but what comes out of all that effort is... something beautiful. I'm talking grounded beef smothered in liquid chocolate and coconut oil, wrapped in an omelet that came from the egg of emu roadkill, followed by it being dipped in tenderly roasted cat food and a collected puddle of the finest human sweat, with a delicious mixture of melted cheese and vinegar dunked on top. Exquisite. Scrumptious. A meal to die for.

3 hours ago, Odetta said:

Role Play is nice, but having an in game Character generator with strengths and weaknesses would be epic. dlc?  Examples:

"Click to Generate"

"Survivor Dixie Normas"

Traits:

+ Shamburger Helper (starts knowing a random food recipe)

+ Good Looking (gets a 1% discount at traders)

- Empty Headed (easily concussed)

- Bed Wetter (lose hydration 30% faster at night)

"Click to Confirm"

I agree, but you should not be able to reroll, not like most generators where you can essentially pick your poison

And this is relevant to A19 because... why not add this as a new super food? You could call it "Rekt's Slop", "The Great Tastebud Bamboozler", or simple "Trash".

3 hours ago, Odetta said:

Role Play is nice, but having an in game Character generator with strengths and weaknesses would be epic. dlc?  Examples:

"Click to Generate"

"Survivor Dixie Normas"

Traits:

+ Shamburger Helper (starts knowing a random food recipe)

+ Good Looking (gets a 1% discount at traders)

- Empty Headed (easily concussed)

- Bed Wetter (lose hydration 30% faster at night)

"Click to Confirm"

1% discount for being good looking. You're not really selling me on that one. I'm thinking at least 10%.

13 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Are there plans in the future for the SMG turret to take the alternate types of ammo, them being HP and AP?

See below answer from a friend of mine to your question. 😅

No, what TFP need to do is get the game to gold and not add in any more mindless crap. Maybe their next game, who knows.

51 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

See below answer from a friend of mine to your question. 😅

There's a difference between filling in an inconsistency and mindless fluff.

And yes, I know I'm a hypocrite. Do I give a #@&%? Nope.

Edit: And no, I don't really mind if that response will get me banned. It's whatever.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:28 PM, RhinoW said:

Yeah, but even though they WILL add it. It's false advertisement at its current state, I actually got hyped for nothing (thinking they added more stuff in 19.0 after b180, but didn't show in the patch notes).

The new zombies (Party Girl, Business Guy and Hawaiian Shirt Guy) could (hopefully) make it in A19.1 or A19.2... Etc., so still new stuff in A19.x

Or do like me, just watch the screenshots over and over until we get them in game. 😁

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Are there plans in the future for the SMG turret to take the alternate types of ammo, them being HP and AP?

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

No, what TFP need to do is get the game to gold and not add in any more mindless crap. Maybe their next game, who knows.

Edit:  OMG seriously?? someone beat me to this piece of gold??

Damn you Lazman!!! :)

54 minutes ago, Ezed said:

Eat dog food?  From the can...never...it's too important as a cooking ingredient.  I buy any and all I see from traders or vending machines in anticipation of finding that recipe.

Funny thing that, even when I do get the recipe (SP or MP with my wife) we never use/make the resulting elixir

6 hours ago, fragtzack said:

Good to see the screenshot showing towers in Tier 5 quests. Must just be my map has no towers. I am limited to Shotgun Messiah Factory, Shamway factory, Hospital and the 6(?) story apartment building for Tier 5 quests.

Doing these quests made me realize that doing the same quest types over and over was getting boring, even if the POI's were different. Would be good to see some variations such as :

--Clear POI XXX in under 60 minutes

--Clear POI while only using a bone shiv

--Etc

Grabbing the loot satchel doesn't really seem different enough from clearing the whole POI of zombies because always clear the whole POI anyways.

And then besides clearing POI's, how about some crafting quests and mining quests. Maybe not tier5 though, unless crafting requires an end game recipe.

--Deliver  10,000 iron to trader

--Deliver a crafted minibike to trader

etc, quest type variety is just as important to players as quest difficulty. Currently, from what I can see playing there is only dig quests, clear POI (with the variant of just grabbing the satchel supplies from the POI). 

The dig quests are enjoyable to me, but sadly dig quests stop at tier 2.

Challenges and fetch quests that you have to work for could be kinda cool, if they worked on making it a thing i would be totally down for it

47 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Challenges and fetch quests that you have to work for could be kinda cool, if they worked on making it a thing i would be totally down for it

I agree. Any variety will be nice besides just clear/clear & retrieve and digging quests. 

I think I read somewhere this is on the "to do list".

2 hours ago, Eighmy_Lupin said:

Early Access games don't  really apply to false advertising  laws until the game goes gold and then they can easily bypass the laws by adding a "early build, content may change by release" and/or "content dependent on funding" disclaimer somewhere on the page. 

Here's to hoping all the new eye candy makes it into one of the 19.x releases so the compliants from the peanut gallery are minimized...😅

8 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Here's to hoping all the new eye candy makes it into one of the 19.x releases so the compliants from the peanut gallery are minimized...😅

There seems to be a testing branch in the works for this weekend. As long as we get the fat peanut and the 148 hour- party Nicole Kidman everything should be just fine.

Nevermind the 9764647483 bug fixes. Who cares about fixes? We need new floor tiles with bunny paintings.

I unfortunately doubt it as Madmole already said a while back that he wanted to hold off on the new models and features in the A19.x patches to make A20 more special. However that was when they were hoping to make A20 a quick update cycle with release around the holidays instead of a long cycle with release in mid 2021. As a result I strongly doubt that we're getting anything new in A19.x updates unless A20 will be a long cycle and they throw in things to tie us over the long dev cycle.

26 minutes ago, sgr said:

Bug: if blood moon horde waves ended, u can exit the game, then reload, horde waves will respawn.

if you leave before the "event" ends, then yes they will respawn. dont remember the exact time but event should end around 4am or when daylight stinger is sounded (on default game setting).

even tho the zeds are dead, this was probably done this way because of accidents (loss of internet via various means, dog unplugged compy, game freeze or crash, mad spouse.... etc) and when you returned to game you can still enjoy the bm event. i forgot this and had same thing so now i wait till morning.

if you feel its a bug then please submit a detailed bug report (https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/bug-pool/) and it will be tested.

:)

13 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

if you leave before the "event" ends, then yes they will respawn. dont remember the exact time but event should end around 4am or when daylight stinger is sounded (on default game setting).

even tho the zeds are dead, this was probably done this way because of accidents (loss of internet via various means, dog unplugged compy, game freeze or crash, mad spouse.... etc) and when you returned to game you can still enjoy the bm event. i forgot this and had same thing so now i wait till morning.

if you feel its a bug then please submit a detailed bug report (https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/bug-pool/) and it will be tested.

:)

I feel this an exploit for grinding XP. BM event should track kills to make decision when it should end.

Archived