Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I found some bug where I can scrap a quality 1 robotic sledge and it gives me some error, does not destroy the sledge, but still gives me 3 parts.  I can do it over and over as much as I want.  Not sure where to report it if it is not a known issue. 

My world is a random gen world that was from like 1 or 2 builds before stable though, and I did have someone join my world once. 

I am also thinking about trying a serious sam style parkour agility/fortitude build.  I might max out the difficulty, run speed and make horde every night. 

If I find the advanced running shoes and the athletic jacket and get the 20% +10% run speed buff, however they stack... will I be faster than the max run speed(max setting) of the zombies?

1 hour ago, Ezed said:

Have a seat while we wait for the A20 DD, Arlene will help you pass the time ;)

20200905175041_1.jpg

Unlike most of you pervs I'm not affected by necrophilia... :heh:

10 minutes ago, pregnable said:

I found some bug where I can scrap a quality 1 robotic sledge and it gives me some error, does not destroy the sledge, but still gives me 3 parts.  I can do it over and over as much as I want.  Not sure where to report it if it is not a known issue. 

My world is a random gen world that was from like 1 or 2 builds before stable though, and I did have someone join my world once. 

I am also thinking about trying a serious sam style parkour agility/fortitude build.  I might max out the difficulty, run speed and make horde every night. 

If I find the advanced running shoes and the athletic jacket and get the 20% +10% run speed buff, however they stack... will I be faster than the max run speed(max setting) of the zombies?

If it's not the latest version it's "risky" to report bugs like this.

That's why in the bugs report thread they ask what version you're playing.

16 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

If it's not the latest version it's "risky" to report bugs like this.

That's why in the bugs report thread they ask what version you're playing.

Yeah, that is what I figured.  I was still testing out turrets and crap and it took so long to find some of the stuff I did not feel like restarting unless I was doing different settings, heh.  I still have not found the steel tools schematic and I am level 87.

Anyone know if the player can outrun zombies at the nightmare run speed setting with the advanced running shoes and the athletic jacket on?

4 hours ago, pregnable said:

The College Jacket boosts your run speed, the High Performance Running Shoes let you run longer by applying a Rule 1: Cardio style effect (increases the rate which your stam regens while you run by 20% resulting in a slower overall rate of stamina consumption). Aside from the jacket the run speed buffs come from Steroids and Mega Crush. So unless 1.1(base player run speed)= faster than nightmare speed zombies' "sprint" then no, you won't be able to out sprint them.

2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

The College Jacket boosts your run speed, the High Performance Running Shoes let you run longer by applying a Rule 1: Cardio style effect (increases the rate which your stam regens while you run by 20% resulting in a slower overall rate of stamina consumption). Aside from the jacket the run speed buffs come from Steroids and Mega Crush. So unless 1.1(base player run speed)= faster than nightmare speed zombies' "sprint" then no, you won't be able to out sprint them.

You sure?  I thought in an earlier version they said they made you run faster, and I figured it was just worded wonky on them now. 

It seemed like I was running faster.  When I was playing with my friend and finally got them I was almost able to keep up with my friend on his bike, going through the grass instead of the road, and I was not super far behind him just straight up following. 

Maybe not though, I will test it later when I can play.

EDIT: Yeah, I tested it and it seems like you are right. 

9 hours ago, bdubyah said:

They need to add at least a few more T5's. And figure out a way to make them have more value. Maybe when legendary items are added T5's could have a higher chance of having one or something?

Also, when the biome balancing is done and the wasteland if real dangerous, smaller POIs there could be considered T5 just due to the location.

I agree with the T5 Buildings. Dont have to be high rise buildings. Bunkers, Stadions, Swimming Hall, Airport Prefab(s). All those could be T5.
Sadly, Madmole seems to hate them wich in turn makes it highly unlikely we will see more.

They hinted about a possibility to make several different quests in bigger buildings focusing on a single area or level of a building that might make them more attractive again.

17 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

I agree with the T5 Buildings. Dont have to be high rise buildings. Bunkers, Stadions, Swimming Hall, Airport Prefab(s). All those could be T5.
Sadly, Madmole seems to hate them wich in turn makes it highly unlikely we will see more.

They hinted about a possibility to make several different quests in bigger buildings focusing on a single area or level of a building that might make them more attractive again.

Hate is such a strong word.  The problem with T5's is mostly they take a ton of time to make (e.g. 1 month based on what the level designers said) thus the aversion with them.  Hopefully that means we will be getting more T3's and T4's in the near future if they have shifted focus away from T5's for now.

11 hours ago, Aldranon said:

The apartment complex tier-5(?) is no fun in a clear all.  Just Ugh.

But that's me, and I now avoid it like the plague.

Tier-4's are generally my favorite, with their "Goldilocks zone" of good loot, nice challenge and time spent.

Yeah I've got this one on my list & am curious how long it's gonna take. I remember raiding it on the ps4 (if it's the same apartment building) and it took forever. 

Although I'm sure it's been updated and will take even longer than it did back then.

4 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Hate is such a strong word.  The problem with T5's is mostly they take a ton of time to make (e.g. 1 month based on what the level designers said) thus the aversion with them.  Hopefully that means we will be getting more T3's and T4's in the near future if they have shifted focus away from T5's for now.

Agreed. Let me correct it to "Strongly dislike" :)

And of course T5-Categories are not a must have, alltough i still would like to see more of them.

I need/want Buildings i can sink a lot of time in, that are not rushed in 12 minutes and bring some Action in them. Love for example the Red-Mesa Bunker and thats a T4.
So youre right. Let me rephrase my original Comment to.

Please more complex Prefabs, less Buildings that are all alike :)

2 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Agreed. Let me correct it to "Strongly dislike" :)

And of course T5-Categories are not a must have, alltough i still would like to see more of them.

I need/want Buildings i can sink a lot of time in, that are not rushed in 12 minutes and bring some Action in them. Love for example the Red-Mesa Bunker and thats a T4.
So youre right. Let me rephrase my original Comment to.

Please more complex Prefabs, less Buildings that are all alike :)

More iconic locations would definitely be a plus.  An airport or mall would be nice additions.  I have a few POIs in the cooker that will hopefully keep people entertained until some new ones are released by the devs.  :)

On 9/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, SheeleMara said:

Anyone else having problems completing Tier 5 Quests? Keep getting disconnected and thought at first from the way the lag gradually increased while clearing the building that maybe it was a memory leak but then I noticed that I lost internet connection entirely the last time it happened so now I'm not so sure that it's the case. Not having any problems with connectivity issues at any other point during playing the game except during Tier 5 Quests though. 

Have you started fresh since the b180 stable released? Maybe this is why. I've done 3 tier 5 quests & they have went fine for me. 

The hospital in Diersville, the shamway factory in the wasteland (or is it burnt forest), and the school in the winter biome I think was a tier 5. All on Navezgane map.

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

More iconic locations would definitely be a plus.  An airport or mall would be nice additions.  I have a few POIs in the cooker that will hopefully keep people entertained until some new ones are released by the devs.  :)

Dude an airport would be badass!! Good idea.

12 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Yeah I've got this one on my list & am curious how long it's gonna take. I remember raiding it on the ps4 (if it's the same apartment building) and it took forever. 

Although I'm sure it's been updated and will take even longer than it did back then.

Hopefully that changes in the future as there is a prefeb editor feature that will allow creators to exclude sleepers from the clear objective hopefully making it less painful to miss zombies for the clear objective (e.g. random vulture or zombie hiding in some remote closet lol).

Just now, Laz Man said:

Hopefully that changes in the future as there is a prefeb editor feature that will allow creators to exclude sleepers from the clear objective hopefully making it less painful to miss zombies for the clear objective (e.g. random vulture or zombie hiding in some remote closet lol).

I don't mind them so much, it's kind of fun but I'm already seeing repeat tier 5 quests and really don't wanna do them again, simply due to the time it takes to complete.

I love your ideas of the airport or shopping mall.

But it obviously takes them a long time to create the huge POI's and then path them out so I get why there are limited tier 5's so soon. 

They don't even gotta be so huge though, could just put really tough enemies in them or something. 

41 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I don't mind them so much, it's kind of fun but I'm already seeing repeat tier 5 quests and really don't wanna do them again, simply due to the time it takes to complete.

I love your ideas of the airport or shopping mall.

But it obviously takes them a long time to create the huge POI's and then path them out so I get why there are limited tier 5's so soon. 

They don't even gotta be so huge though, could just put really tough enemies in them or something. 

I would assume each tier should take roughly X amount of time to complete regardless of size.  Otherwise some POIs will be more OP then others when it comes to questing / rewards.  Just a wild guess but since POI quest objectives get reset if you logout then back in, I would assume they probably don't want questing the upper tier POIs to take too much time to complete.

that apartment complex. is that the big bock of 7 stories or so with 4 apartments per level?

thats a great nighttime activity that you can nicely fortify as you go to isolate the floors ahead  and behind to give warning. loot the crap out of it for food and recipes in all those juicy kitchens. wrench everything for lots of materials with some nice stashes thrown in.  perfect for the first night you get a head light.

if its a different one then @%$# knows 

27 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

that apartment complex. is that the big bock of 7 stories or so with 4 apartments per level?

thats a great nighttime activity that you can nicely fortify as you go to isolate the floors ahead  and behind to give warning. loot the crap out of it for food and recipes in all those juicy kitchens. wrench everything for lots of materials with some nice stashes thrown in.  perfect for the first night you get a head light.

if its a different one then @%$# knows 

I think the poi you're talking about is the old one in the desert (Navezgane map). Yes this is great as a base/home. I believe it was my 2nd base when I played on ps4. Sure took a while to raid. 

I'm curious how it is now, haven't raided it since console days.

11 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

These are two different POIs. There is the old non-dungeon apartment complex where there are hardly any zombies and then there is the T5 dungenstyle POI with lots of zombies and mines on the roof.

Is the tier 5 the ostrich hotel or is there another one?

44 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Is the tier 5 the ostrich hotel or is there another one?

The ostrich hotel is yet another POI. The entrance of the T5 POI is an underground car park and at its entrance there is a bus with some wooden spikes in front of it.

It looks like this:

apartment_brick_6_flr.jpg.70393f58d1ba5a36328e3db7449da124.jpg

If you want to find it on a map then type the command tppoi in the console and search for apartment_brick_6_flr.

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

The ostrich hotel is yet another POI. The entrance of the T5 POI is an underground car park and at its entrance there is a bus with some wooden spikes in front of it.

It looks like this:

If you want to find it on a map then type the command tppoi in the console and search for apartment_brick_6_flr.

Damn.....that's a big azz poi, lol

5 hours ago, RipClaw said:

It looks like this:

That one might be in Gravetowne (wasteland) on the Navezgane map.  

9 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I'll do some recon to double check in a bit, but iirc the one in Graves Towne is the non-dungeon, bust down every door in the building one. Wife and I puttered by that one after chasing down a Rapheal's treasure and it didn't look to have been swapped out from the one that was there in A18.

46 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Recon done, it is the one pictured. Looks like they did swap it out and I just derp my identification of it while we passed it.

30 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

yep gravetowne "apartment_brick_6_flr"

<decoration type="model" name="apartment_brick_6_flr" position="-506,54,-467" rotation="1" />

Nice to have independent confirmation from QA rockstars. :) Not all of us make use of the F1 or dm settings though.

A visual for those wondering "Wtf do they mean by apartment_brick_6_flr??":

A19.0_2020-09-07_08-18-18.thumb.jpg.fa1d1cf6cead2fae25a332485c42e783.jpg

That said, holy crap the Wasteland eats frame rate.

Archived