Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

9 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I love your ideas of the airport or shopping mall.

The Compo Pack has an airport, and it's one of the more nasty (and time consuming) places to visit. It's valid as a T5 quest. A lot of work went into it by its author.

There are some department stores, but I don't recall seeing an actual shopping mall (indoor) so we can play Dawn of the Dead.

-Morloc

From what I remember from devs posts earlier in the thread the plan for A20 is not to add any more T5s. Instead they want to allow you to have more options when picking quests. So that you can select the tier of quest that you want as long as that tier is unlocked. Which will allow you to go back and do earlier tier POIs instead of being stuck with T5s.

Basically instead of having to do the same T5s over and over you can go back to doing the much more plentiful T2 to T4s.

2 minutes ago, Morloc said:

The Compo Pack has an airport, and it's one of the more nasty (and time consuming) places to visit. It's valid as a T5 quest. A lot of work went into it by its author.

There are some department stores, but I don't recall seeing an actual shopping mall (indoor) so we can play Dawn of the Dead.

-Morloc

There are 2 Malls out there that are popular.  HN's No Hope Mall by Hernan and Eden Center Mall by CaptainWhiskerBiscuits and MentalNinja.

34 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

Hey, i have a question. What's up with the steam store screenshots, showing what the game doesn't have available? (Stripper, business, fat hawaiian zombies with new models).

Oh wow, they revealed the new stripper zombie on the steam store page.  Looking good!

ss_5c776b076a7408c362d3452efb08425938931

28 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

There are 2 Malls out there that are popular.  HN's No Hope Mall by Hernan and Eden Center Mall by CaptainWhiskerBiscuits and MentalNinja.

Oh wow, they revealed the new stripper zombie on the steam store page.  Looking good!

Yeah, but even though they WILL add it. It's false advertisement at its current state, I actually got hyped for nothing (thinking they added more stuff in 19.0 after b180, but didn't show in the patch notes).

On 9/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, Outlaw_187 said:

I don't see how people do tier 5 quests playing anything less than 90 min days. 

I just did the shamway factory in the wasteland (Navezgane) and I barely finished the mission at 2130, started at 0330. 

Now I do try to sneak attack when possible & loot everything. I'm a bit of a pack rat too, I HATE leaving stuff behind. 

I also did the shotgun messiah factory a few days ago & this one took me into the night, I think 0030 or so is when I finished it, starting around 0600 or so.

I now have the hospital to do....saving an entire day for that as well.

Maybe I just need to speed my azz up, I don't know....

Why can't you do it at night?

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

-Morloc

try the dod mall then. it's in the cp as well

I'd like to see quest POIs not repeat until you've been through each one once.   Even if that means I'd need to travel a distance.  Right now, I get the same 2 or 3 tier 5 quests, I assume because those are the only tier 5 POIs close enough to the trader to be selected.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, SheeleMara said:

A couple of recipe ideas; 

Hand Sanitizer - 1xGrain Alcohol + 1xAloe Cream - Reduces the chance to contract dysentery or infection by 5% for 1 minute, effect doesn't stack. 

Wooden Shield/Iron Shield/Steel Shield Mod - Can only be equipped to Clubs, Spears, Hunting Knives, and Machetes. Replaces the Power Attack with a Block Attack option that transfers HP damage from hits on you into Durability damage for your weapon, with said damage being reduced by 5/15/25% for the type of shield used. 

I have another one :

Lubricant : x1Aloe Cream + x1Gas Can + x1 Acid - Solves any weird and morally banned situations in the apocalypse. 

On the plus side, you can get "on fire" if you drop on the ground.

Dear dev Zack.

What are your plans going forward with dms?

Also, would you mind commenting in the xml, or better yet, breaking down the xml for me here?  What's the large 200k number mean for samples?  What does that entire bottom section with the 0s, 1s, etc  mean?

Thanks in advance!

I'm building a new Base and I'm get this Error Message in F1 when I check to see if all loaded OK .. A 19 _ b180

CAN Someone Please tell me what it means or should I worry about loosing another Base to the Game .. At the moment my doors are flashing in and out if you turn your head in one direction or another .. That started happening with the my last base before HALF of it disappeared.

But I never got this message, before it went. Thank You

error7d2d.jpg

1 hour ago, Kalen said:

I'd like to see quest POIs not repeat until you've been through each one once.   Even if that means I'd need to travel a distance.  Right now, I get the same 2 or 3 tier 5 quests, I assume because those are the only tier 5 POIs close enough to the trader to be selected.

Not just T5's, but T3's as well. All too often the trader(s) sends me to the same 1, 2, or 3 POI's that they have sent me a half-dozen times before. Perhaps after you loot a specific POI, there should be an invisible countdown (in in-game days) until you can receive a quest from that individual POI again. That would probably cause some further complications though.

Edit: T2's and T3's, aka the bulk of POI's

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Not just T5's, but T3's as well. All too often the trader(s) sends me to the same 1, 2, or 3 POI's that they have sent me a half-dozen times before. Perhaps after you loot a specific POI, there should be an invisible countdown (in in-game days) until you can receive a quest from that individual POI again. That would probably cause some further complications though.

Absolutely.... I only called out T5 because thats what I'm currently doing and there are so few of them to begin with.

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

THE trader? What about the other two? Do they also send you to those same POI’s. By time you are doing T3 quests you should have three different traders offering T3 quests. Are they all sending you to the same 2 or 3 locations? If the same few POIs are spawning in three different cities then that is a deeper problem. We are supposed to be getting more unique POIs and less dupes. 

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

THE trader? What about the other two? Do they also send you to those same POI’s. By time you are doing T3 quests you should have three different traders offering T3 quests. Are they all sending you to the same 2 or 3 locations? If the same few POIs are spawning in three different cities then that is a deeper problem. We are supposed to be getting more unique POIs and less dupes. 

Yeah I had trader bob in the desert & I think trader Jen both sending me to the shamway factory in the wasteland and I think it was Jen & rekt both sending me to the apartment building (the one I haven't done yet).

So yes, different traders sending us to the same places.

7 hours ago, HungryZombie said:

Why can't you do it at night?

I can & I have (had to in order to complete it) but then all the zombies are runners since it's night & I somewhat try to conserve ammo if I can. 

No complaints, just amazed & impressed one location can take so long to complete.

7 hours ago, Laz Man said:

..........Oh wow, they revealed the new stripper zombie on the steam store page.  Looking good!

Yeah she looks good....but she is replacing my topless nipple pierced zombie.....NOT COOL FUN PIMPS!! 😁

25 minutes ago, Roland said:

Nah, it's probably a coincidence. For some reason some traders in a lot of worlds I've played in have a habit of sending me to the exact same individual POI over and over, sometimes at a time. (One such example back in early A19 was a trader sending me to the same house 5 times in a row. Got kinda boring.) I find I get quests for the same twenty houses but rare for any of the commercial buildings, but hey, that's probably just a coincidence and not a "deeper problem". Probably just me.

8 hours ago, Morloc said:

-Morloc

I do wanna eventually try out some mods. I'm just still enjoying the superior PC version over the console (ps4) version.

So vanilla is still exciting for now.

To clarify, if my world has 4 traders that I regularly take quests from, I begin to pick up on what POI's each one sends me to. That bunker house on a gravel path out to the East? Trader Rekt will probably send me there. (I'm basing that off of an actual experience.) Again, it's not every time, and as you graduate in tiers, the lower tiers decrease in opportunity, but sometimes the game is rigged against me in terms of variety. 😛

14 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

To clarify, if my world has 4 traders that I regularly take quests from, I begin to pick up on what POI's each one sends me to. That bunker house on a gravel path out to the East? Trader Rekt will probably send me there. (I'm basing that off of an actual experience.) Again, it's not every time, and as you graduate in tiers, the lower tiers decrease in opportunity, but sometimes the game is rigged against me in terms of variety. 😛

Is that the place in the desert? I forget the name of it but rekt just sent me there too if it's the same place you're talking about. (Navezgane map)

I haven't done it yet but it looks interesting.

15 hours ago, Kalen said:

Absolutely this. I wish there was a bit of code to stop getting quests at the same POI again & again  (I tend to concentrate on Tier 3 quests on set maps such as Pregen3).

Further, I wish the quest descriptions showed the name of the POI in the trader quest list . For example, instead of :

• [TIER II] Fetch/Clear (861.1 m W)
  • [TIER IV] Clear Zombies (4.6 km SE)

there would be :

• [TIER II] Fetch/Clear at Old Spanish House (861.1 m W)
  • [TIER IV] Clear Zombies at Burnt Business 1 (4.6 km SE)

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived