Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

13 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

Well, yeah. I don't think the experimental branch would ever update itself to stable, except when they lock it up (e.g. for streamer weekends, iirc)...

Uninstall all you have, Right click on 7dtd in Steam library > properties > betas tab > A 19 stable. 

A restart of steam could be needed, either. Between uninstall and install. Just a hint buddy ;)

13 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

TY @Muci on your A19 stable celebration video....🤣

I give the vid 2 Stiffys up.   The butt shot put me over the edge.  

Even though I suspect its a stunt butt and not trader Jenn.

Edit: After staring at 1:59 for a few minutes... it really looks like those jeans are body paint and not real... Is she naked?

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Did you know the Queen of England is allowed to kidnap any child as she sees fit, for instance, among many other questionable acts?

That includes launching a nuke at anyone, anytime.

It is merely suggested that she should refrain from doing so.

12 minutes ago, Gazz said:

That includes launching a nuke at anyone, anytime.

It is merely suggested that she should refrain from doing so.

One could also die from a discharged electrical outlet, or a car crash, or someone breaking into your home. Of course these things happen and they're terrible, and it's good to be aware, but at the same time, if one were to be paranoid about every possible thing that could cause them harm, then they would never live. Again, this kind of knowledge is good to know, but not to grow. :)

Edit reason: spelling error

56 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Uninstall all you have, Right click on 7dtd in Steam library > properties > betas tab > A 19 stable. 

A restart of steam could be needed, either. Between uninstall and install. Just a hint buddy ;)

... do you ever try to understand the context of what you're replying to?!? Don't need to uninstall anything, so i won't. Plus, there's no "A19 stable" in the betas tab. -.-

Maybe Phoenixshade35 might want to take your advice, but i wouldn't recommend it, since you've given it without a shred of interest on what their current environment is.

2 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

... do you ever try to understand the context of what you're replying to?!? Don't need to uninstall anything, so i won't. Plus, there's no "A19 stable" in the betas tab. -.-

Maybe Phoenixshade35 might want to take your advice, but i wouldn't recommend it, since you've given it without a shred of interest on what their current environment is.

there is. might wanna check again

8 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

Oh... My bad, there actually is something there like that. :o

Why would anyone ever select it, or recommend selecting it, is quite beyond me tho. 😐

Because if you are starting a new server, you want to recommend to all the players to lock into a specific version.

1 minute ago, youmaylose said:

Shouldn't this update to Alpha 20 Dev Diary now.. since Alpha 19 is stable 😀

A18 went through 4 or 5 stable versions... That's why the annoucement said "We hope you all have a great time with A19.0 and its .x patches to follow." ;-)

Switched to A19 Stable. Not getting an update. See the official post saying B180 was moved to stable (so no update?).

Should I just uninstall and re-install? Don't want to waste my time doing that if an update does eventually roll through and I have to do it again.

1 minute ago, youmaylose said:

Shouldn't this update to Alpha 20 Dev Diary now.. since Alpha 19 is stable 😀

There might be A19.x stable versions as usual. With some experimentals in between. 

Just preparing you :)

Welcome to the jungle, ..we mean forums. 

Ok, to save anyone any puzzlement, I think Steam are still playing catch up with Alpha 19.1 Stable

I completely uninstalled 7DTD from Steam (I took a copy of my Worlds Folder just in case)

I reinstalled 7DTD.

I deselected opting in to any Beta programs.

Started Game and it still says Alpha 19 (B180) in top right corner

This means the following

1. The change to Alpha 19.1, like they did with all previous Alphas (18.1, 17.1, etc) has NOT yet been rolled out on Steam.
or
2. Alpha 19(B180) IS Alpha 19.1 and they've stopped following their update naming conventions.

I'll be interested to see if my Steam 7DTD further updates itself in the next 24 hours.

You know what i think would be neat, to see the 7 days to die merch in the game, like having a tshirt with the logo to wear, having the blackstrap coffee be in a 7 days mug lol

hell i would love a poi that is like a 7 days to die hq where we go in and see a whole bunch of rooms dedicated to each staff member, then a room with a model of each infected in it to look at, all dummies, and the last room where the loot is we see special infected with names, all the devs, and they rush you out of there home lol

8 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Even Roland?

;)

Walking on a thin ice mate, we`re with him.

*throwing a bone at DaVega`s crotch* 

Fetch & chew.

8 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i think he might be the hawaiian shirt zombie 😉

He will always be after your brains from now on. 

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

I'm just curious as for the reasoning behind the decision for making the wine barrels not lootable again. Was it found to be too overpowered early game, with all that bottled murky water?

I mean... you can just walk to a pond and have infinite water.

I'd guess it's because they were too many containers to loot that only had murky water, and you can get it in toilets too, so maybe they thought it was too much.

31 minutes ago, hkintheuk said:

1. The change to Alpha 19.1, like they did with all previous Alphas (18.1, 17.1, etc) has NOT yet been rolled out on Steam.
or
2. Alpha 19(B180) IS Alpha 19.1 and they've stopped following their update naming conventions.

I'll be interested to see if my Steam 7DTD further updates itself in the next 24 hours.

You didn't need to do all of that. You simply switch to" NONE- opt out of beta programs" and you're done. Or, stay on where you're at. In the announcement, Hated said "Enjoy A19.0 and all its .x builds". So yes, A19.0 is the stable version, which is on build number 180. A19.1 (which isn't out yet) and (if)more are the next ones.

Archived