Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I played UO for a couple months actually, got bad memories from all the PVP jerks that specialized in picking on the weaker people around the towns. I had just outgrown the newbie zones and tried several times to make it to the next area to hunt but they would hide on the edge of the city safe zone and hit you with insta-kill spells before you even knew they were there. Was not part of a large guild so had no way of fighting back. To this day it is the only game I ever truely rage quit and a big part of the reason I still dislike unlimited PVP.

Yep, that was a problem in its early days. Lots of player griefing. I even got scammed out of 200k gold once when a thief stole a 2 story house deed from me immediately after I both it from an npc vendor outside of town.

Their approach to lbd wasnt all that bad. There was a player cap so you could max out more than 7 skills per character. Just took forever to do so.

Yep, that was a problem in its early days. Lots of player griefing. I even got scammed out of 200k gold once when a thief stole a 2 story house deed from me immediately after I both it from an npc vendor outside of town.

Their approach to lbd wasnt all that bad. There was a player cap so you could max out more than 7 skills per character. Just took forever to do so.

But if you chose the right ones to max you were pretty much unstoppable. Pretty sure that is where the term tank-mages came from.

Today I tested my Two Towers of Turmoil to their absolute limits. I had nothing to worry about. 4 hordes, 64 max alive for all of them. Here is the aftermath:

(They seemed much more content with staying underneath me along all four corners or running around the ramps, destroying spikes along the way, then targeting the tower itself. In fact, only once did they do that, and only because I stayed in one corner for to long. Also, almost all of them were irradiateds.)

NC2Ebj2.png

wJIPSMj.png

R2akqb5.jpg

I think I just struck gold here, with this classic design. ;)

I'm digging the new idea; I was also discussing this with some of my homies from down da way and it was mentioned that instead of a death penalty, that a life benefit would be kinda cool... (haidr'gna)... so I was trying to think of some "days alive" benefits (aurelius) would be fun as well... nothing big or game changing, just a nice little "hey, you lived for a while, here's something cool"

...each day alive could add 1% to health regen speed, or slightly increase lucky looter, maybe less food usage... a perk for a perk so to speak... that way you're not just benefiting from perks but also for consecutive days alive.

Your kid will argue as well that when he throws a stone through a window, he shouldn't be punished. Instead he should be getting some kind of reward each day he doesn't throw stones through a window. Something small like one hour of smartphone use. :cocksure:

will there be new normal zombies in the future?

and will there be different types like

infected father , female biker , business woman , putrid male etc

Madmole said he's thinking about including some very generic zombies that are dull in color, grungy, with indistinguishable torn clothing... so that we don't feel like we are seeing the exact same zombies over and over again as much.

As far as I know, they aren't too interested in adding new zombies unless they really fit in with their goals. An example is the demolisher, added to strengthen late game horde nights which desperately needed it.

what if you had to choose 1 out of theses 3 weapons and you had to survive with them in 7DTD

what would it be?

1 Bow?

2 Compound bow?

3 crossbow?

and why would you want to have this?

If you mean in-game, the compound bow is by far the best option. If you meant like, in-real-life-in-the-game, the crossbow, cause who has the arm strength or coordination for real archery?? :fat:

Madmole said he's thinking about including some very generic zombies that are dull in color, grungy, with indistinguishable torn clothing... so that we don't feel like we are seeing the exact same zombies over and over again as much.

As far as I know, they aren't too interested in adding new zombies unless they really fit in with their goals. An example is the demolisher, added to strengthen late game horde nights which desperately needed it.

true but i dont want to see the old ones gone. cuz some of the zombies are iconic to the game like the "infected survivor

but maybe a really fat zombie thats around 8ft and hes a tank. his head come off in parts and get retks stuff.

a zombie that is so rotten that even getting close to him will make you lose your lunch. but the smell also lures zombies.

a zombie that burrows in the snow , sand , rubble and dirt that sleeps and if you get close they come out of the the ground.

a firefighter zombie that fireproof and has gases in his suit and if you shoot the tank or stomach he blows up in a ball of fire that acts like a molotov.

a zombie that runs fast , jumps high and far and can climb. but is weak with attacks.

a infected survivor that has his old armor scrap and leather armor that can doug and weave from your attacks.

i got a ton more if you want me to go on.

- - - Updated - - -

If you mean in-game, the compound bow is by far the best option. If you meant like, in-real-life-in-the-game, the crossbow, cause who has the arm strength or coordination for real archery?? :fat:

for 7dtd

but in real life i wound chose a crossbow

cuz im not the strongest person lol

Yeah!! I guess I do squat as well. Twice a day. On the loo.

Weightlifting as well.. Sitting down and getting up from my office chair to go and get coffee is an achievement I reckon.

- - - Updated - - -

* Puts on cute puppy eyes *

How about me??

You are on the good list.

what if you had to choose 1 out of theses 3 weapons and you had to survive with them in 7DTD

what would it be?

1 Bow?

2 Compound bow?

3 crossbow?

in a17 or before.... the crossbow hands down.... not telling for a18 as people need to experience the feel of each to make their own choice. :) not everyone would agree with my choice.

in a17 or before.... the crossbow hands down.... not telling for a18 as people need to experience the feel of each to make their own choice. :) not everyone would agree with my choice.

yall will think im crazy but i would use the normal bow

cuz its cheap and easy to repair

and i like the primitive look

Not sure about before but as far as A16 I think it was and A17 for me compound bow all the way before that crossbow. So we are different and will most likely not agree on the same in A18 lol ;)

what would it be?

1 Bow?

2 Compound bow?

3 crossbow?

The crossbow. It is always ready to fire. I can mount a scope and I can load explosive bolts when I want to see a stag fly. :)

Archived