Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

what if you had to choose 1 out of theses 3 weapons and you had to survive with them in 7DTD

what would it be?

1 Bow?

2 Compound bow?

3 crossbow?

and why would you want to have this?

The crossbow. It is always ready to fire. I can mount a scope and I can load explosive bolts when I want to see a stag fly. :)

Yeah!! I guess I do squat as well. Twice a day. On the loo.

Weightlifting as well.. Sitting down and getting up from my office chair to go and get coffee is an achievement I reckon.

- - - Updated - - -

* Puts on cute puppy eyes *

How about me??

every tuesdays and thursdays we do PT

like sideshailed hops , squats , pull ups etc

am i great at it. not really but i try my hardest lol

what if you had to choose 1 out of theses 3 weapons and you had to survive with them in 7DTD

what would it be?

1 Bow?

2 Compound bow?

3 crossbow?

Crossbow when sneaking and normal bow when needing to shoot fast.

the game is all about personal preference not what others think you should use... your reasoning on your choice is good. :)

just like how i uses the axe more the the club , sledge hammer , or blade

but with those new weapons and animations

ill probably like all of them

- - - Updated - - -

also we need to get this at 2000 pages before A18 comes out! lol

what would it be?

1 Bow?

2 Compound bow?

3 crossbow?

I always play with compound bow because I like the added difficulty of accounting for arrow drop. But in a really difficult game where I had to use any advantage I can get crossbow is definitely the best for two reasons:

No draw delay before shooting

Better accuracy because of less arrow/bolt drop

Oh right, forgot the scope and exploding arrows (A18 seems to have exploding arrows too though)

Obviously this is only true if their damage is comparable (I didn't check that lately)

Madmole said he's thinking about including some very generic zombies that are dull in color, grungy, with indistinguishable torn clothing... so that we don't feel like we are seeing the exact same zombies over and over again as much.

As far as I know, they aren't too interested in adding new zombies unless they really fit in with their goals. An example is the demolisher, added to strengthen late game horde nights which desperately needed it.

I had suggested a few times back in A15-16 time frame an idea I had for giving the zombies more variety. Of course, it made some incorrect assumptions about how the zombies were coded, but anyway....

I had this idea of there being a few zombie types based on a 'skeleton'. You had your slow walker, faster walker, the twitching limper, crawler, different levels of HP and hitting power, etc. Then the game would paint a random skin on it. This way, if you saw a nurse in the distance you would not know how she would act. Would she walk slow or run at you like a football player now? Would she have just a few hitpoints or be like the bloated walker with lots of HP? Basically it would mean that you could not always tell which zombies were the greatest risk just by looking at them.

But apparently the UMA textures are too closely linked to the code that controls their actions. Personally I thought it would have been a great way to add variety without really increasing the number of textures in the game for the new zombie types and looks.

I had suggested a few times back in A15-16 time frame an idea I had for giving the zombies more variety. Of course, it made some incorrect assumptions about how the zombies were coded, but anyway....

I had this idea of there being a few zombie types based on a 'skeleton'. You had your slow walker, faster walker, the twitching limper, crawler, different levels of HP and hitting power, etc. Then the game would paint a random skin on it. This way, if you saw a nurse in the distance you would not know how she would act. Would she walk slow or run at you like a football player now? Would she have just a few hitpoints or be like the bloated walker with lots of HP? Basically it would mean that you could not always tell which zombies were the greatest risk just by looking at them.

But apparently the UMA textures are too closely linked to the code that controls their actions. Personally I thought it would have been a great way to add variety without really increasing the number of textures in the game for the new zombie types and looks.

i just think there should just be more normal zombies like students male and female, waiter male and female and more like a very rotten zombie thats has his skull exposed.

or some oppidste zombies like father zombie , female biker , male hungry zombie , female old timer etc

but they would just be "eye candy"

while special zombies would have one look like the solder , hazmat , feral , cop etc

but zombies like the spider zombie could uses a small redesigned like a feral zombie but with a big spine and is on all fours.

but the thing that would be nice out of all of these is if the zombie have random walking animation

yall will think im crazy but i would use the normal bow

cuz its cheap and easy to repair

and i like the primitive look

Yep, crazy, definitely. And don't listen to Unholy Joe, he's crazy too :fat:

You dare calling me scary human? You will perish in my hands.

The transformation has begun! All hail our new overlord.

We haven't broke save games in ages, so unless its RWG changes you want I doubt a new game will be needed. Of course they will say you need to, but very few things have broken saves in months now.

Alright we will ignore the inevitable "you need to restart" messages after patch day and try playing for a bit to see how it goes. Thanks for the info MadMole.

i just think there should just be more normal zombies like students male and female, waiter male and female and more like a very rotten zombie thats has his skull exposed.

or some oppidste zombies like father zombie , female biker , male hungry zombie , female old timer etc

but they would just be "eye candy"

while special zombies would have one look like the solder , hazmat , feral , cop etc

but zombies like the spider zombie could uses a small redesigned like a feral zombie but with a big spine and is on all fours.

but the thing that would be nice out of all of these is if the zombie have random walking animation

I've felt strongly that there should be more variety in zombie appearance, a bit of a shot to immersion to have a horde of octuplet bikers sauntering your way in perfect unison.

In an ideal world, there would be variance in clothing, hair styles/color, height, even body/facial structures. (basically, as if each zombie walked out of a random character creator session). I'm sure that would be as expensive as hell, and would result in fewer zombies to balance performance, which of course no one wants.

Love the voxel world and the freedom it gives, but gosh darn it the price is high sometimes :)

I've felt strongly that there should be more variety in zombie appearance, a bit of a shot to immersion to have a horde of octuplet bikers sauntering your way in perfect unison.

In an ideal world, there would be variance in clothing, hair styles/color, height, even body/facial structures. (basically, as if each zombie walked out of a random character creator session). I'm sure that would be as expensive as hell, and would result in fewer zombies to balance performance, which of course no one wants.

Love the voxel world and the freedom it gives, but gosh darn it the price is high sometimes :)

true lol

Archived