Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I will probably work on bandits to some degree, but we have a new programmer getting up to speed, which might work on them.

The challenge is making them act human and not like the current AI. Group patrol, use cover, ranged weapons, retreat, etc.

I'm really interested in watching the development of the bandits. AI was my area of focus in college and I may even go back soon for a master's degree.

Is there any plan of attack established yet? Will the bandits start out roaming the world, or will they be introduced along with bandit camps? Will bandit camps just randomly appear out of nowhere or will they actually be (behind the scenes) building them, or will they take over existing POIs? (by the way, this might be a good way to recycle POIs trashed from quests without them abruptly resetting to their original state)

Will bandits set up road blocks? What kind of events are likely to be implemented involving the bandits?

- - - Updated - - -

Lets put them in loot, imagine hearing that noise when you open a chest?

Good replacement for the Apache native chant.

I'm really interested in watching the development of the bandits. AI was my area of focus in college and I may even go back soon for a master's degree.

Is there any plan of attack established yet? Will the bandits start out roaming the world, or will they be introduced along with bandit camps? Will bandit camps just randomly appear out of nowhere or will they actually be (behind the scenes) building them, or will they take over existing POIs? (by the way, this might be a good way to recycle POIs trashed from quests without them abruptly resetting to their original state)

Will bandits set up road blocks? What kind of events are likely to be implemented involving the bandits?

I'm really interested in all of this. +1

+100000 yes, that will be the big "OS" moment <chest door slams shut and player goes into crouch mode> :)

And shaking franticly asking himself (the player) *what to do now* multiple times in a second, while scrolling through its toolbelt`s choises. Absolutely yes !

Lets put them in loot, imagine hearing that noise when you open a chest?

MM, I was thinking about the "spawn of something really scary at night" what about a really creepy Priest? You hear him in the dark whispering some creepy chant. descarga.jpg.f20e57ed7f696429a53f1516c9fd762e.jpg

Remember the old whispering sound effect? Lol that scared the ♥♥♥♥ out of me the first 100 times I heard it.

Archived