Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I've felt strongly that there should be more variety in zombie appearance, a bit of a shot to immersion to have a horde of octuplet bikers sauntering your way in perfect unison.

In an ideal world, there would be variance in clothing, hair styles/color, height, even body/facial structures. (basically, as if each zombie walked out of a random character creator session). I'm sure that would be as expensive as hell, and would result in fewer zombies to balance performance, which of course no one wants.

Love the voxel world and the freedom it gives, but gosh darn it the price is high sometimes :)

I still have hope that once we get to the beta phases and optimization really kicks in, the Pimps will get to a point to where they can say that things are running so smoothly that more zombies can be added back into the game. There are only about 20 basic zombie types in the game now with feral and radiated as sub-types of those. But if things go well and they can double that number, we would be in awesome shape.

I still have hope that once we get to the beta phases and optimization really kicks in, the Pimps will get to a point to where they can say that things are running so smoothly that more zombies can be added back into the game. There are only about 20 basic zombie types in the game now with feral and radiated as sub-types of those. But if things go well and they can double that number, we would be in awesome shape.

dont get me started on subtypes

i made a whole list of them lol

Lol. Think your tough with your imperial pounds? Just because 375 sounds better than 170 (kilos).

And full squat or half squat? How low does your ass get to the ground or do your thighs just go to 90 degrees?

I'd say hold my beer, but the extra weight might buckle your poor flabby muscles. Lol

Ass to the ground is a great way to destroy your knees, depending on genetics. I go close to parallel, the squat machine I use has non moveable safety bars so I can't go any lower or it would bottom on on the safety part. I've tried ass to grass and had knee pain for two months after just one set.

What if radiated, feral, spider and cop zombies would have smart pathing - looking for quickest way to break in, and all other zombies would have old dumb pathing, and just try to move straight for the player, or source of sound ect?

First they complain they avoid traps, now they complain they don't avoid traps. Zombies are random, at least horde ones some will just attack any random side, so they won't all go into the trap gauntlet. That is why I need bars so I can take out the strays.

First they complain they avoid traps, now they complain they don't avoid traps. Zombies are random, at least horde ones some will just attack any random side, so they won't all go into the trap gauntlet. That is why I need bars so I can take out the strays.

madmole

iv been curious what or why was the spider zombie changed from climbing to leaping?

madmole

iv been curious what or why was the spider zombie changed from climbing to leaping?

They evolve. POIs have too much complicated angles for clibming I think. Climbing is replaced with zombie stacking and jumping over your fence and trashing everything around. Which is much better.

They evolve. POIs have too much complicated angles for clibming I think. Climbing is replaced with zombie stacking and jumping over your fence and trashing everything around. Which is much better.

ok cuz it was strange to see in console they just climb and act stupid

now they leap at you and like to scare the ♥♥♥♥ out of me XD

but i kinda wish they jumped even higher and a new look

like 12 blocks high

and the look would look like a feral with big hands and 2 large bone toes

while the old look could just be a normal zombie

RIP my world. Lol

EDIT: It only happens when I place down a 4x4. Odd. :/

I prefer that, than once, when I accidentally blowed myself up near the exit of my base. I filled it with gas barrels and many explosives hours before A15 was out. Let`s say I should have learned how to use tnt better. And on wiser place. At least we always have fun.

That's just because I need a lot of food because I need to grow and be a big boy!

I would take a bigger one for when A18 is out. Who knows how many days will go away, before we can have a pause and get back to real life for more food or work.

Archived