Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

iv been curious what or why was the spider zombie changed from climbing to leaping?

The new A17 path system does not make paths along walls, because it would be slower and use more memory, which AI would need to climb walls. Jumping was added to compensate.

I want something like the demolisher throwing smaller zombies at you. =P

I have been wanting that for a while. A big hulking steroid zed that chucks other zeds at you if it cant find an easy way to get to you. Have him whistle and they all just line up next to him like ammo. Some fastball pitches strait to you, others get lobbed at an arc so you cant just fence yourself off easily.

The new A17 path system does not make paths along walls, because it would be slower and use more memory, which AI would need to climb walls. Jumping was added to compensate.

Spiders don't seem to be using ladders either. I tested an idea for a base with a few zombies and the spiders didn't use the ladders.

Sheesh....I can't keep up on this thread. It just keeps growing and growing faster as we get closer to magic time. Wow...that sounded sexual. Anyway, Thanks for the video share MM. I like your design and will take some tips myself. I'm always trying to find new ways to use traps and that was refreshing and a clean design.

Madmole - Would you be willing to show a clip of just driving around in the biomes with the new textures before release? If not, I get it. I'd like to get an idea of the terrain changes and how the new Splat system creates them and how they end up, and just to drool over the new terrain.

Yeah I'll try to.

A Benny Hill fan I take it? His show was epic in the 70's.

I grew up on an Lummi indian rez up in Washington State. Back when I was a kid I would be quietly awake at 11pm-1am huddled/hidden under a quilt with a tiny black and white t.v. barely catching a signal coming over from Canada. Loved that show.

So I thought the progression is slower? But it is not slow enough to skip over some vehicles?

I would personally need 11 at least.

2-bicycle

2-motorcycle

4-jeep

3-gyro

11 Total

One character did minibike only, my fort guy went minibike > 4x4 > Gryo, and my perception character went bicycle > motorcycle. I can craft a 4x4 now (found schematics).

Progression has nothing to do with vehicles unless your an INT player and chose to buy the perks, but its a waste IMO. Buy a full blown vehicle at a trader or find parts/schematics and craft it. I did drop 47k on a 4x4 (after 1 rank of barter and swallowing some nasty tasting grandpa's something that gave me a better deal).

I have been wanting that for a while. A big hulking steroid zed that chucks other zeds at you if it cant find an easy way to get to you. Have him whistle and they all just line up next to him like ammo. Some fastball pitches strait to you, others get lobbed at an arc so you cant just fence yourself off easily.

A bandit that throws zombie heads out of a sack that stick to you and bite lol.

I grew up on an Lummi indian rez up in Washington State. Back when I was a kid I would be quietly awake at 11pm-1am huddled/hidden under a quilt with a tiny black and white t.v. barely catching a signal coming over from Canada. Loved that show.

Yeah and the women dancers were hot too, at least to 12-13 year old madmole in the 70's lol.

One character did minibike only, my fort guy went minibike > 4x4 > Gryo, and my perception character went bicycle > motorcycle. I can craft a 4x4 now (found schematics).

Progression has nothing to do with vehicles unless your an INT player and chose to buy the perks, but its a waste IMO. Buy a full blown vehicle at a trader or find parts/schematics and craft it. I did drop 47k on a 4x4 (after 1 rank of barter and swallowing some nasty tasting grandpa's something that gave me a better deal).

lol

So it sounds like all the perks are worthless?

You talked in one of your videos at first that there was going to be a reward for going the perk route at the end of the tree. Is that still a thing or was that only added to the book route?

Archived