Jump to content

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

So, if you put a sledge turret on a flat, open area and use the turret like a block for cover. 

Then move around the turret as the zombie moves around it, will the zombie eventually jump on top of it, or will that be a new OP meta?

 

Edit: Also putting the sledge turret on the opposite side of a door and off to one side, will that be OP?  Just repair the door as the turret kills all zombies on the other side.

 

There is no collision with it, so impossible. You can shoot through doors already, but they usually break. I doubt one will target a zombie or hit one through a door frequently.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, madmole said:

There is no collision with it, so impossible. You can shoot through doors already, but they usually break. I doubt one will target a zombie or hit one through a door frequently.

As one streamer said, Junk Sledge Turrets should rotate 360º to actually be useful in every close range situation within their limits. Wouldn't upset balance one bit.

 

BUGS:

 

1-TYPO in IRON GUT PERK. Several times reads "EXERCION" (doesn't exist in english) while probably meaning "EXERTION" (to exert yourself from some kind of exercise)

 

2- Clip from GRUMBUL stream: dissappearing items with the exact repro in this clip:

https://www.twitch.tv/grumbul/clip/ImpartialCrowdedOkapiStoneLightning

EDIT: While it is very easy to spot the repro steps by watching this clip, I will extend the comment to clarify:

Bug is also in 18.4 and it happened to me once and couldn't repro it until now .

STEPS:

1- Have 2 slots with 2 of the same consumable in the inventory (ANY CONSUMABLE in the game will do : food, books, water or even medicine and broken glass lol). 

2- Said consumables's stack can't be completely full. Example : 9 bottles of red tea and 9 bottles of red tea // 4 first aid and 4 first aid ... etc

3- Consume 1 item from one of the partial stacks.

4- While consuming (animation playing) said item using "A", shift-click in the second stack.

5- As you can see, the shift-clicked stack disappears forever.

 

 

3: From Games4kickz stream : Fully modded unusable top tier sniper rifle renders the weapon useless as players can't aim nor see where they are aiming (possibly happens with other new weapons too ) :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/662205414?t=1h08m55s

 

I don't know if the second one is a @Gazz thing or a @faatal thing. To me, everyone is a hero these days.

 

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


new alpha builds require new starts and new map seeds. you can use same seed just have to get rid of all saved files (use launcher to clean things out)  and then rebuild the map, otherwise you may get errors or unexpected anomalies.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

 

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe, don`t scare them so much, the biggest anomaly I`ve seen in this game for latest 8 alphas is me on sleep deprivation. 

 

Btw, how much does The Duke gives for your head, you`re wanted my friend :-) 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Mole:
the high polygon Blocks like the new Weapon Racks and a lot of others are too expensive for Players to use in masses in their base; you have stated.

 

Any thoughts in letting the Players creating Makeshift versions of them to use in the base? Some McGuyver stuff that tells the observer its welded together by a Casual and give the base a more "survival/Postapocalyse" look and feel. This could be used for various Blocks like Clothing rack, Shelfes etc so that we players have more variety in detail-decorations without using the polygon rich "professional" versions that we drool over in TFP´s Streams and Pics.

 

cant wait to loose myself in the details of the new Prefabs when looting btw :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think something like this would be a good INT tier 3 melee weapon.  Steel casing, built-in flashlight, longer reach than stun baton, has electrified prongs at tip to stab and stock Zombies (same animation as spear would work).  

5a4ca5205dcd0271dee3080d-2-large.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

The Junk Sledge also kept spazzing out and not attacking...

From the footage I've watched I think the issue is an animation/tracking issue as the zeds do still get smacked as they walk by.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it'd be neat for other INT melee weapons to not stick to the club-style form factor of the stun baton.

 

Junk Taser, batteries hooked up to a steak fork, attacks like a knife

Stun Baton, like a club

Cattle Prod, attacks like a spear, heavily modified with like a glowing tesla orb on back end

 

Would also be cool for T3 melee weapons to have special attacks, like a power attack with the Cattle Prod causing chain lightning and incurring a cooldown for the weapon to recharge.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, MechanicalLens said:

It's not that. I'm more so concerned about their what I assume to be unscripted distribution in RWG. It would be unfortunate if for example 4/5 of your traders happened to be in the forest biome and 1 was in the heart of the desert, and you wanted to settle in the burnt biome.

5 refers to you unlocking from the tiers, not the number of traders on the map. First trader you get from opening quest. Then you will unlock 4 traders thru trader to trader quests, at the end of tier 1/2/3/4. All other traders on a map you will have to find the old fashioned way, exploration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

As one streamer said, Junk Sledge Turrets should rotate 360º to actually be useful in every close range situation within their limits. Woudn't upset balance one bit.

I second this.

Having the sweeping laser sight for the shooty turrets is fine, well balanced even, but for the sledge it is kinda silly over-restricted in that way and thus not effective enough as is. It doesn't even need the laser, just have it turn and hit whatever zombo gets within range, from any direction. Almost any fish eye lens, or other reg cams, or even other sensor types, could be enough with some very basic AI to do such a thing irl.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the streams to pass time. I listened to a few comments, and thought.


It will probably be a mod later, since vanilla already has icons for the map
and TFP has included the color tinted onscreen locator icons, If 3 icons can
be redrawn. A green dot,an amber dot,and red skull.

Green for friendly completed, amber for quest completed, and red to be solely

for multiplayer PVP.  A fourth can be added BLUE for meet up location.

 

It would help provide interactive mapping. A quick unobtrusive visual for map overlay,
and if the red is coded to be shared, it would be green for the friendly side, and
red for non-party members, it would create territorial zones.

 

For basic single player and friendly party only would be easy, just two shared icon changes.

 

For PVP, would need code: player would have to clear all of the sleeper zones within
POI, retrieve a certain percentage of loot, and destroy a specific foundation block to assign the Red Skull.

This would work best in a controlled PVP RP environment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 4:49 PM, Laz Man said:

Did u watch any of the streams?  Melee looked good to me.  Maybe the new feed back animations will also help make it feel better for u.

Yes, I watched fataal's stream. There was a comment that summarised the whole stream. There was a hitbox section but it was not about melee range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mechanimal said:

I second this.

Having the sweeping laser sight for the shooty turrets is fine, well balanced even, but for the sledge it is kinda silly over-restricted in that way and thus not effective enough as is. It doesn't even need the laser, just have it turn and hit whatever zombo gets within range, from any direction. Almost any fish eye lens, or other reg cams, or even other sensor types, could be enough with some very basic AI to do such a thing irl.

Well... thinking about it more..  so in this case it would have probs end up having a high chance of hitting the player if a zombo was near them when it struck.

But I find this to be an acceptably dangerous, and highly amusing, side effect that players should enjoy learning the hard way. Especially if it doesn't do much damage and focuses on causing the ragdoll effect.

Solution is simply to keep ones @%$*#!ing distance from it when deployed, fully expect to get yo @%$*#! ragdolled at the worst possible moment, or don't use it. All the turrets have the ability to harm the user, this is no exception, and I think it would be hilarious on top of meaningfully useful as the entry level turret if it functioned like this in 360.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Jonahs day 14 horde night turned up to survivalist. He did it in a garbage dumpster with a ramp and floating quarter block. After watching faatals bit on the devs stream I thought that he said that half would path and half would attack. It seemed too easy anyway.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Initial thoughts on Trader music, and A19 music in general (I know, a little late to the party)

 

While I like having new music, the style doesn't feel right.  Mainly the electric guitar sound used in a lot of the clips.  I think the reason I feel this way is because somewhere in my brain, it isn't making sense that electric instruments would be common in the apocalypse.

 

My feedback (for A20) is to try some iterations using a fully acoustic set.  Traditional guitars, cigar box guitars, banjoes, harmonicas, pianos, flutes/whistles stuff like that.  A severely de-tuned honky-tonk piano would be great to use in suspense music.  Basically, instruments that would be common in a bluegrass/country setting.  Not a country style of music, but those kinds of instruments with a modern post-apocalyptic flair.  Kinda like how people are playing modern heavy metal music using only orchestral instruments.  Do modern post-apocalyptic music, but try doing it with a strictly acoustic set of instruments that one might imagine they could craft in the apocalypse.  Maybe even keep the electric guitar, but record it without an amplifier - put a mic by it and record the sound of the strings without plugging the guitar into anything.

 

In A18, the music did work for me...  With A19, some (but not all) of the music just feels out of place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, xfejiou5 said:

Yes, I watched fataal's stream. There was a comment that summarised the whole stream. There was a hitbox section but it was not about melee range.

All of the streamers I've seen so far all have said melee feels better in A19.  The one exception has been some possible hitbox issues with the new big mama head.  A good sign for the most part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DanLW said:

Initial thoughts on Trader music, and A19 music in general (I know, a little late to the party)

 

While I like having new music, the style doesn't feel right.  Mainly the electric guitar sound used in a lot of the clips.  I think the reason I feel this way is because somewhere in my brain, it isn't making sense that electric instruments would be common in the apocalypse.

 

My feedback (for A20) is to try some iterations using a fully acoustic set.  Traditional guitars, cigar box guitars, banjoes, harmonicas, pianos, flutes/whistles stuff like that.  A severely de-tuned honky-tonk piano would be great to use in suspense music.  Basically, instruments that would be common in a bluegrass/country setting.  Not a country style of music, but those kinds of instruments with a modern post-apocalyptic flair.  Kinda like how people are playing modern heavy metal music using only orchestral instruments.  Do modern post-apocalyptic music, but try doing it with a strictly acoustic set of instruments that one might imagine they could craft in the apocalypse.  Maybe even keep the electric guitar, but record it without an amplifier - put a mic by it and record the sound of the strings without plugging the guitar into anything.

 

In A18, the music did work for me...  With A19, some (but not all) of the music just feels out of place.

You've pretty much just described "Hayseed Dixie's" entire act.



 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DanLW said:

Initial thoughts on Trader music, and A19 music in general (I know, a little late to the party)

 

While I like having new music, the style doesn't feel right.  Mainly the electric guitar sound used in a lot of the clips.  I think the reason I feel this way is because somewhere in my brain, it isn't making sense that electric instruments would be common in the apocalypse.

 

My feedback (for A20) is to try some iterations using a fully acoustic set.  Traditional guitars, cigar box guitars, banjoes, harmonicas, pianos, flutes/whistles stuff like that.  A severely de-tuned honky-tonk piano would be great to use in suspense music.  Basically, instruments that would be common in a bluegrass/country setting.  Not a country style of music, but those kinds of instruments with a modern post-apocalyptic flair.  Kinda like how people are playing modern heavy metal music using only orchestral instruments.  Do modern post-apocalyptic music, but try doing it with a strictly acoustic set of instruments that one might imagine they could craft in the apocalypse.  Maybe even keep the electric guitar, but record it without an amplifier - put a mic by it and record the sound of the strings without plugging the guitar into anything.

 

In A18, the music did work for me...  With A19, some (but not all) of the music just feels out of place.

the Guitar only plays at trader joels. not when you're roaming around!

 

personally i love it, Granted i kinda wish that you could turn off Combat music and keep the dynamic music but that sounds a bit much!

 

i hope soon they will add more! one i would LOVE to hear is something like what you hear in the wasteland! the Banjo or whatever it is! that always gives me a tingling and one of the reasons i love the wasteland!

 

And maybe some night music that sounds a bit. "scary" hearing screams of zombies, Wild animals, bugs, and other scary stuff!

 

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...