Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

10 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

whats a Thunk?

Definition: "Thunk"

1) When a person gets very excited about an idea they've had, to the point of, "6 h i t'ing bricks", then, when the idea is shared with others, they are not enthused and the 'brick' idea hits the floor, going "thunk".  (heh)

2) <common> ya'll ar a redneck an ain't talk likes no city slickers so whens yas noggin figurs somtin out, ya has a "thought".

{ to clarify, 'thunks' themselves are by no means common. The colloquial pronuciation is. :biggrin1: }

Just now, FileMachete said:

Definition: "Thunk"

1) When a person gets very excited about an idea they've had, to the point of, "6 h i t'ing bricks", then, when the idea is shared with others, they are not enthused and the 'brick' idea hits the floor, going "thunk".  (heh)

2) <common> ya'll ar a redneck an ain't talk likes no city slickers so whens yas noggin figurs somtin out, ya has a "thought".

{ to clarify, 'thunks' themselves are by no means common. The colloquial pronuciation is. :biggrin1: }

i just thought he misspelled think. LMAO

6 hours ago, KuriousTurtle said:

Good Sunday Morning! How goes things with everyone, any stream suggestions? I watch Kage and Grumbul. I also watch Glock9, Cap00, and JaWoodle on YT.

Games4Kickz is another great content creator who also has access to A19 for the streamer weekend. I suggest you check him out. He's on both Twitch and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

@madmole

Been watching a lot of stream this weekend and looking forward to playing.

One thing that has caught my eye is zombies looking directly at you. Too directly. The body is ragdolling all over the place but the face remains pointed right at you. Is that intended or just something that has not been completed yet?

You mean like this? Yeah...

40 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

The only way Faatal could get cooler in my book is if he is a Junk Turret Enthusiast™ with an excel spreadsheet to min max the most efficient way to pour breakfast cereal into the bowl with minimal overflow. Become the hero of the weirdo playstyles and protect us from the run and gun players nerfing us!

We needed you as a guest Bouncer on every dev stream to just go "STOP ASKING THAT QUESTION, IT WAS ANSWERED 12 TIMES ALREADY". 

I could see your eyebrow twitches of internal fury where your war of "Will I get in trouble for yelling at customers in front of my boss" was fighting the "WHY ARE YOU STILL ASKING ABOUT THE FREAKING CONSOLE" response

You mean like someone going on and on and on.......about junk sledge?

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Personally I would never drop it.

Thought would be the correct word and you ruined the joke. Good job! :(

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th ed.) describes it as a “nonstandard” past tense and past participle of the verb “think.”

On 6/27/2020 at 4:06 PM, beHypE said:

This is an interesting change. I might read a bit too much into it but is it simply for convenience regarding technical issues, or is this part of a bigger plan of moving the mid game towards cities ? I'm really hyped, as many are, for the new and slower early game; but while I haven't yet played A19 I can only assume the most optimal way to play will still be to set up shop between a trader and the closest big city. As such, this seems to be a pretty substantial life changer early game and I wonder if you have plans to make cities more dangerous to compensate.

Also, pretty happy about the way food/water works now, I remember we had a discussion about that in A18 and i'm glad this is becoming way more... "logical", especially for newer players.

It is just way easier to spawn traders in cities than in the wild, because cities are flattened out and can guarantee a spot where out in the wild the terrain is crazy and finding a spot big enough could be challenging.

Thematically I think it makes more sense than being out in the boonies anyway.

7 minutes ago, Kalex said:

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th ed.) describes it as a “nonstandard” past tense and past participle of the verb “think.”

I got an itch on my acnestis as I beheld with meldropping eyes the very grommet of your comment.

59 minutes ago, Dethar said:

You mean like someone going on and on and on.......about junk sledge?

I'm a Hero of Justice (or a Windrunner . . .I wish) , I protect  those who cannot  protect themselves. The Junk Sledge is too weak to defend itself so we have to protect it!

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

whats a Thunk?

It's a callback function whose invocation can be substituted for its return value inside another function. Thunks are commonly used to simulate call-by-value semantics, or to implement continuations.

...Or in this case "who'd a thunk it" is just a joke.

3 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

It's a callback function whose invocation can be substituted for its return value inside another function. Thunks are commonly used to simulate call-by-value semantics, or to implement continuations.

...Or in this case "who'd a thunk it" is just a joke.

i know now ok lol

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Games4Kickz is another great content creator who also has access to A19 for the streamer weekend. I suggest you check him out. He's on both Twitch and YouTube.

You mean like this? Yeah...

Dont people have anything better to do then choking their chickens?  Sheeesh.

2 hours ago, faatal said:

Who would of thunk something in an experimental build needs to be fixed?

And we should be happy that there's a guy who can fix it!

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

BREAKING NEWS! VEHICLES MAKE YOU HUNGRY!

OTHER NEWS! BIG MAMA HOT!

I love Big Mama!

Personally I think the Screamers are kind of hot ...  But to keep it on topic (is that allowed?) will "latest experimental" just appear in the list of betas we can opt in to or do we have to enter a code to unlock it ? I know one of my games I had to do that but I can't remember which one, the code was freely available but having to enter it stopped people selecting the unstable build by mistake.

3 minutes ago, Grolbu said:

Personally I think the Screamers are kind of hot ...  But to keep it on topic (is that allowed?) will "latest experimental" just appear in the list of betas we can opt in to or do we have to enter a code to unlock it ? I know one of my games I had to do that but I can't remember which one, the code was freely available but having to enter it stopped people selecting the unstable build by mistake.

Latest_experimental will appear in the list. No code required.

@faatal

Youtube finally got the last 2 hours of The Grand Spartan's second stream up. You can see the errant AI behavior in this stream a lot more clearly in this one, since there's more zombies and they eat up his spikes a lot quicker.

See the last 20 minutes here:

Since I know you're reading these Grand Spartan, I'm totally not calling you out dude. I enjoy your streams a lot. I'm just reporting the bug and letting TFP know where to look for an example of the behavior.

Poked around the forums and site a bit.  Is the Monday steam update like a midnight release, once the team is in the office release, or it's there when it's there release?  I'm guessing the last option, but "secretly" hoping for the first.

Archived