Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm going to make a wild guess and go that we won't see a video for at least two weeks. Not from any knowledge, info given in secret to me or the use of a Ouija board, just what I feel, it will be a couple of weeks possibly longer. I think they are doing the unseen work of planning, programing, designing, meetings to figure out which should go first, then second, next third, or should the third one go to second, the first go to fifth and the sixth be moved up to first? So, more discussion, working, previewing, and on and on. When it is ready MM will show it to us. Until then, we get to wait, wait and do more waiting. Or, find something else to play while we wait for our favorite game to release a new alpha to play. Or, play a mod and see what great idea the modders have come up with, and there are a lot of great ideas, creations they have come up with.

Just my two cents worth.

I'm going to make a wild guess and go that we won't see a video for at least two weeks. Not from any knowledge, info given in secret to me or the use of a Ouija board, just what I feel, it will be a couple of weeks possibly longer. I think they are doing the unseen work of planning, programing, designing, meetings to figure out which should go first, then second, next third, or should the third one go to second, the first go to fifth and the sixth be moved up to first? So, more discussion, working, previewing, and on and on. When it is ready MM will show it to us. Until then, we get to wait, wait and do more waiting. Or, find something else to play while we wait for our favorite game to release a new alpha to play. Or, play a mod and see what great idea the modders have come up with, and there are a lot of great ideas, creations they have come up with.

Just my two cents worth.

On Ravenhearst right now, first mod I've tried in over a thousand hours. Those Night Terrors are terrifying.

While I like the hordes, I can agree with your ask. Can see why some players would want to turn off 7 day hordes. Would seem pretty easy code-wise to implement that option to disable.

If the pimps implement the ability to turn of hordes as an option, would be great if they can further that idea and make hordes random start times as an option.

Hordes starting every 7 days at exactly 10:00pm is just way too easy manage. Making the horde start time random would be great for challenge.

Example horde start time theory: sometime (Even daytime hours) between 00:00 Day 5 and 23:59 Day 8 multiples.

Randomness creates chaos which is more challenging.

Challenging = more folks playing the game for longer before getting bored.

I like the idea, imagine hearing the zombies' scream as if there was a bloodmoon while you where scavenging, would terrify me. Reminds me a bit of the days of Left 4 Dead

I like the idea, imagine hearing the zombies' scream as if there was a bloodmoon while you where scavenging, would terrify me. Reminds me a bit of the days of Left 4 Dead

Your far away from base, you just finished digging up some clay and you're exhausted. No choice but try to make it to the nearest POI.

It would be very interesting!

I have a question

Is it possible for grappling hooks?

And can the multiplayer lag hit get fixed.

And last thing, can you bring more food into the game like apples from an apple tree, or bring in cows, or tamable pets?

- thanks for the pre update MM

Be nice if they brought the XMAS Hat back, I do not know if anyone else does this but I have been building partial weapons.

When I transport Weapon Parts back to the Base I assemble as many parts as I can into unfinished weapons to make more space in the Back Pack.

someone needs to make a mod of a portable workbench used for combining only, no crafting. only thing in the mod.

Anything is possible. Will it happen? No one knows nor will we know until we are told they will be put in. The Fun Pimps don't tell us to be asses and jerk us around, it is to keep a lot of strife out of their lives and ours.

They will listen, give the response of "maybe" or "its possible" or "not a bad idea" and sometimes we get can't be done" or a flat out "no". But they try to never promise what they can't give.

So, you can ask, be told maybe, possible, we'll discuss it, some remark like that but nothing until they can be pretty positive it can be done, or can't then let us know, like the ziplines. They really, really, really, wanted to put them in, but for now, just not possible, maybe next game, or a DLC. Or, never.

Anything is possible. Will it happen? No one knows nor will we know until we are told they will be put in. The Fun Pimps don't tell us to be asses and jerk us around, it is to keep a lot of strife out of their lives and ours.

They will listen, give the response of "maybe" or "its possible" or "not a bad idea" and sometimes we get can't be done" or a flat out "no". But they try to never promise what they can't give.

So, you can ask, be told maybe, possible, we'll discuss it, some remark like that but nothing until they can be pretty positive it can be done, or can't then let us know, like the ziplines. They really, really, really, wanted to put them in, but for now, just not possible, maybe next game, or a DLC. Or, never.

I keep hearing the words Next game, Next game, Next game. Thrown around..... I really hope this is a sick joke. 7 Days to Die Is getting finished AND fully optimized / bug fixed before a 7 Days to Die 2 comes into Alpha right? Because as it stands this game alone doesn't seem like it will be finished until 2020 at the earliest if you don't count bandits or a potential behemoth zombie. Which bandits were a promised feature when this game was actually being crowdfunded. The behemoth or some other end game content is desperately needed as well at some point before a 7DtD-2 should be considered

Archived