Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

That reminds me, it's been a while since we heard any news on the lockpicking mechanic. Currently there's no way to enter a closed building without making tons of noise and waking most sleepers up on the first floor.

Yes. I hope they make some headway into the lockpicking mechanic. Hopefully with A17 we get a new way to B&E some doors and safes.

Really 3 weeks without new video/info's? Good treatment of the community guys...

Technically Friday would make 3 weeks so you are close but I little off.

They might go 5 weeks before a video who knows. Not sure why you think they must have one every so often. Yes it would be nice but if new things are not ready to show yet then no reason to show a video or at least from this alpha because this is the approach they decided to take.

Really 3 weeks without new video/info's? Good treatment of the community guys...

Sorry about that. Here is some info for you so that you can reset the timer:

Some team members are in the middle of working on the new comprehensive buff system that includes reworking skills, perks, wellness, and weapons. Pretty much anything in the game that creates a modifier in status triggered by some event is being overhauled and unified into a single unified system and they are in the midst of it so those systems are broken currently and not showable for a video.

Other team members are in the middle of working on as of yet unmentionable changes that are both exciting and unnerving concerning the survival aspect of the game. I’ve said too much....

Still others continue to level design POIs but it’s sort of spoilerish to keep showing every new POI before you play it in game and I think most people get the idea about how those will work and we don’t need to keep seeing more of those until we find them ourselves.

There are others in the middle of working on the quest system which also affects sleepers, POIs, and loot among other things. Not ready to show.

There are others continuing to work on animations which will directly affect when bandits will get implemented.

There is also that other thing....

Finally, there are others who are working on the update to Unity 2017 looking for ways to optimize and take advantage of the new tools and features of the updated engine.

Connection to Community Restored!

@Roland, you said wellness....but, but, but wellness is going away and fortitude is taking its place. Is this is still the case? Were you just explaining it in a way that the forum absentees will understand? A17, 2018. A17, 2018. A17, 2018. My new chant. Keep on Pimpin Pimps. Happy holidays!!

Some team members are in the middle of working on the new comprehensive buff system that includes reworking skills, perks, wellness, and weapons. Pretty much anything in the game that creates a modifier in status triggered by some event is being overhauled and unified into a single unified system and they are in the midst of it so those systems are broken currently and not showable for a video.

Other team members are in the middle of working on as of yet unmentionable changes that are both exciting and unnerving concerning the survival aspect of the game. I’ve said too much....

Still others continue to level design POIs but it’s sort of spoilerish to keep showing every new POI before you play it in game and I think most people get the idea about how those will work and we don’t need to keep seeing more of those until we find them ourselves.

There are others in the middle of working on the quest system which also affects sleepers, POIs, and loot among other things. Not ready to show.

There are others continuing to work on animations which will directly affect when bandits will get implemented.

Finally, there are others who are working on the update to Unity 2017 looking for ways to optimize and take advantage of the new tools and features of the updated engine.

Now that's what I am talking about. It's good to get some information of the updates from TFP's. Even though it's not screenshots, it's new news.

Thanks for sharing Roland.

Following the bread crumbs.

You forgot to mention who is working on coffees and sammiches.....and health foods and drinks for the bearded guy...

You forgot to mention who is working on coffees and sammiches.....and health foods and drinks for the bearded guy...

Thank goodness we all work remotely or that person would so be me...

Me: Hey guys! Having a team meeting? Great! I’ve been thinking about a few ideas.

Joel: Er...We really need some coffee, Roland. Can you make a run?

Rick: Yeah, go to that place on the other side of town and take your time...

Dear Diary: Last week I was naked, no skills, no food or water. Today, I'm... Lets just say I could be the love child of The Terminator, Betty Crocker and well... The other Terminator guy.

..and (insert dancer here).

i'd say that a lot of us that remember this....

I do! Those running z's were my favorite memories of the 'old' factory which gave me much pleasurable anxiety.

Thanks for the update Roland :smile-new: PS, you had me at "unnerving".

Regarding nutrition, TFPs should have needs for different types of food. For instance, the need to have protein and carbs, separately . Will make a need for farming and hunting. Instead of just going hunting and being on a caveman diet.

Today in the game if you eat protein, your character stays full longer vs. eating vegetables, canned goods, or other carbs.

Is that what you mean? Or are you suggesting something more complex than what exists in the game now?

The Z's used to run indoors, it's a feature I miss :-(

Yeah, I was a big fan of this. It gave house raiding a really great 'risk vs reward' option for players. Also made it so bows were relatively useless the second you pass through a doorway which is far from the case as the game currently stands.

Archived