Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Bread crumbs

Hey Roland. I just saw this on the forum and it seemed to illustrate how this forum is going.

Look, I know that TFP's are being tight lipped about new information. But there must be something that can be done.

Maybe you can talk to them about posting a bit more info. A snap shot or two and a few words would go along way to helping the forum. I would suggest at least something every few days, once a week minimum.

Thanks.

e0CKhKSm.jpg

I keep hearing the words Next game, Next game, Next game. Thrown around..... I really hope this is a sick joke. 7 Days to Die Is getting finished AND fully optimized / bug fixed before a 7 Days to Die 2 comes into Alpha right? Because as it stands this game alone doesn't seem like it will be finished until 2020 at the earliest if you don't count bandits or a potential behemoth zombie. Which bandits were a promised feature when this game was actually being crowdfunded. The behemoth or some other end game content is desperately needed as well at some point before a 7DtD-2 should be considered

Well, let's see it this way: A well polished 7d2d will be a good advert for a sequel, so if a sequel shall be produced (please yes!), it's in the devs best interests to polish this one before. I know that Early Access is a very flawed concept, mainly because of us users, but I would not worry too much in this case.

Be nice if they brought the XMAS Hat back, I do not know if anyone else does this but I have been building partial weapons.

When I transport Weapon Parts back to the Base I assemble as many parts as I can into unfinished weapons to make more space in the Back Pack.

I do this as well but with the new system this strategy will be null. You will find whole weapons in a17. I am a lil sad to see this part go but that is progress for ya. You win some...then you lose something.

Bread crumbs

Hey Roland. I just saw this on the forum and it seemed to illustrate how this forum is going.

Look, I know that TFP's are being tight lipped about new information. But there must be something that can be done.

Maybe you can talk to them about posting a bit more info. A snap shot or two and a few words would go along way to helping the forum. I would suggest at least something every few days, once a week minimum.

Thanks.

I think they are wary to do that because they would get a lot of this...

I've been working on various portable rabbit booby traps, I completed a pretty good version here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23570[/ATTACH]

As you can see the rabbit's front paws are trapped and it looks like he feel feels quit safe, for the moment. :)

Poor bunny :(

I do this as well but with the new system this strategy will be null. You will find whole weapons in a17. I am a lil sad to see this part go but that is progress for ya. You win some...then you lose something.

Players were angry when they could no longer make parts, does not look like a decision that is going to go over very well with players,.. again, ...just my opinion

I think more people were annoyed by the gun bits and pieces all over and very few usable ones. Now if this was 50-100 years in the future then maybe that would be the case, if all the guns were being used. There should be no parts in a gun safe as nobody used them.

The receivers in automatic weapons would be the hardest to find as they take a lot of punishment.

I've been working on various portable rabbit booby traps, I completed a pretty good version here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23570[/ATTACH]

As you can see the rabbit's front paws are trapped and it looks like he feel feels quit safe, for the moment. :)

Wait....where's the rabbit?

After party at Bubo’s

(Why does that sound so fitting?)

I've always been interested in the question. Why are not there dirty zombies in the game? Dirt, sand, dust and clay do their thing.

Zombies fall into the pond and go from there clean? How so?

In the marshes and small ponds there are no dirty creeping zombies. Look at the walking dead. There are decomposing and dirty zombies. Their movements are slow or at least some of their legs are torn off. But they are alive.

- Zombies without extremities - will also be cool.

- Zombies with missing legs and pelvis.

- Zombies with missing hands.

- A zombie with an absent leg or hand.

After all, you can add a new kind of marsh / dirty zombies with the absence of some limbs. You walk around the pond and out of this kind of zombie.

I've always been interested in the question. Why are not there dirty zombies in the game? Dirt, sand, dust and clay do their thing.

In the marshes and small ponds there are no dirty creeping zombies. Look at the walking dead. There are decomposing and dirty zombies. Their movements are slow or at least some of their legs are torn off. But they are alive.

After all, you can add a new kind of marsh / dirty zombies with the absence of some limbs. You walk around the pond and out of this kind of zombie.

This all falls into the category of a randomized NPC appearance system, which would be incredibly amazing to have, but sadly way too resource consuming by the looks of it.

This would be interesting for a future update, something you would put near release. Also, whatever happened to breadcrumbs? I thought that was delayed in alpha 16 for 17 but no word. Did I miss something?

Was recently playing on a Modded server, I must say, you guys should really look into working with these mod developers. I think it will really help jump this game forwards a lot. :)

- - - Updated - - -

We'll solve it, we discussed that exact approach.

you run into a pile of cinderblocks on the road, it will prolly stop you irl too.

Was recently playing on a Modded server, I must say, you guys should really look into working with these mod developers. I think it will really help jump this game forwards a lot. :)

- - - Updated - - -

you run into a pile of cinderblocks on the road, it will prolly stop you irl too.

I think Game play over RL in this instance trumps it by A lot. Especially (if/when) they add a 4 wheeled vehicle and you won't have the room to maneuver as well as a bike. Penalty for hitting them sure! total dead stop? no thank you!

Archived