Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I think Game play over RL in this instance trumps it by A lot. Especially (if/when) they add a 4 wheeled vehicle and you won't have the room to maneuver as well as a bike. Penalty for hitting them sure! total dead stop? no thank you!

This, especially considering that right now you practically can't drive anywhere off a road in the wasteland biome if you want to keep your sanity. Oh yeah, and because of the landmines too.

This, especially considering that right now you practically can't drive anywhere off a road in the wasteland biome if you want to keep your sanity. Oh yeah, and because of the landmines too.

Ha. I just got a funny picture in my mind of riding the pedal bike and hitting one of those mines out of the blue xD

Just checking in after several months....

Hello!

I just was checking in after several months of A16. I remember seeing something where the goal was to release content more frequently instead of having such lengthy gaps in between releases. That said, is the "Well into 2018" that's quoted at the top of this forum a truth or just "joking"?

I just have noticed no updates lately on Steam so I thought I would come here and see what's going on. Truth versus what was heard/said etc....

Anyways - Merry Christmas all!

Angus31

I remember seeing something where the goal was to release content more frequently instead of having such lengthy gaps in between releases.

Nope. They pretty much gave that hope up after Alpha 13.

That said, is the "Well into 2018" that's quoted at the top of this forum a truth or just "joking"?

The header of the official developer's diary on the official forums of The Fun Pimps is truth. We joke around a lot in the thread but information in the header and in the first post are no jokes.

Nope. They pretty much gave that hope up after Alpha 13.

The header of the official developer's diary on the official forums of The Fun Pimps is truth. We joke around a lot in the thread but information in the header and in the first post are no jokes.

So 2020 release date wasn't for real and was a joke. Cool, I was worried to death.

Players were angry when they could no longer make parts, does not look like a decision that is going to go over very well with players,.. again, ...just my opinion

Then they should start getting used to the idea.

When weighing "realistic-ish weapon parts that have no gameplay value" (the equivalent of wooden sticks) against "weapon mods and attachments with noticeable effects and choices"... gameplay wins. It's how we roll.

Dear Diary, the last 2 Days i hugged a Cactus, now i have the 100% ability to use my Armor....

Dear Diary: Last week I was naked, no skills, no food or water. Today, I'm... Lets just say I could be the love child of The Terminator, Betty Crocker and well... The other Terminator guy.

hey PIMP u can add in server config zombie run in shadow plzzzzz in A17

i'd say that a lot of us that remember this.... is all for it and I did suggested it back in one of Mad Mole's Q&A videos... I'm sure it's not gonna happen because of the sleepers. Here's hoping tho!

I still hop into alpha 1.1 and play around a bit for the memories. :) but the game is much better now as far as comparison goes because we have much more and more to come.

Why should zombies run in shadows ?

According to what little backstory we have been given... the reason Z's run at night is that their brains/body's overheat during the day which makes them sluggish and easy to kill. A Z who's spent all day in a basement will be cooler and thus more active than a Z on the street.

The non-backstory version? It would make raiding houses even more terrifying. The Z's used to run indoors, it's a feature I miss :-(

According to what little backstory we have been given... the reason Z's run at night is that their brains/body's overheat during the day which makes them sluggish and easy to kill. A Z who's spent all day in a basement will be cooler and thus more active than a Z on the street.

The non-backstory version? It would make raiding houses even more terrifying. The Z's used to run indoors, it's a feature I miss :-(

That's terrifying

When weighing "realistic-ish weapon parts that have no gameplay value" (the equivalent of wooden sticks) against "weapon mods and attachments with noticeable effects and choices"... gameplay wins. It's how we roll.

I would rather have weapon mods than parts, tbh. I'm pretty sure most weapon parts found in the game just get scrapped or sold by players anyways.

Here's the thing. Back when zombies ran inside houses it was an absolute pain to loot POIs because going inside them was pretty much a death sentence, so you had to lure the zombies outside in order to kill them and be able to loot properly. Therefore, waiting for all the zombies to get out of the buildings was massively tedious.

However, we do have sleepers now, so with that in mind I could see that feature making a comeback.

Here's the thing. Back when zombies ran inside houses it was an absolute pain to loot POIs because going inside them was pretty much a death sentence, so you had to lure the zombies outside in order to kill them and be able to loot properly. Therefore, waiting for all the zombies to get out of the buildings was massively tedious.

However, we do have sleepers now, so with that in mind I could see that feature making a comeback.

>.> heh, I have my sleepers separated into their own group and some of them are runners. It's actually harder now to loot then when they always ran in the shade. You can't always use that technique of waiting for them to all come out because they don't always wake up till enter the area (room) they are in. You may get all the sleepers to wake on the first floor just by entering the poi but more times than not, the sleepers on the second floor or basement are still waiting to be woke up. So you need to enter and go deeper into the poi.

>.> heh, I have my sleepers separated into their own group and some of them are runners. It's actually harder now to loot then when they always ran in the shade. You can't always use that technique of waiting for them to all come out because they don't always wake up till enter the area (room) they are in. You may get all the sleepers to wake on the first floor just by entering the poi but more times than not, the sleepers on the second floor or basement are still waiting to be woke up. So you need to enter and go deeper into the poi.

That reminds me, it's been a while since we heard any news on the lockpicking mechanic. Currently there's no way to enter a closed building without making tons of noise and waking most sleepers up on the first floor.

That reminds me, it's been a while since we heard any news on the lockpicking mechanic. Currently there's no way to enter a closed building without making tons of noise and waking most sleepers up on the first floor.

I'm almost of the opinion that sound isn't what wakes them. It may make them target you but, more often than not, they seem to wake before I even touch the door.

I would love a more realistic approach & my point is players like making better quality weapons. I totally agree using weapon parts to do this is a weird way to do it & the molds were very redundant taking up asset space. I would like to see a more modded or combining weapons approach.

Just saying you know players get angry when drastic changes are made to key features, me I like surprises & adapt.

I would like to suggest something like this, #1 we are in Nav. Ar. so there should be a lot of small arms around, western type revolvers, single & double action.

The 22 is also a popular round used for practice in the US & I would like something like the Ruger Quick Six added to the game. It is a single action pistol I used to own & it had interchangeable barrels. It had the standard barrel that shot 22 shorts then the longer barrel that shot 22 long & a 3rd barrel that shot 22 mag. We could also craft the different rounds by adding more powder like we do the rifle rounds & make 22 S, 22 L, & 22 mag. This is a good example of a Native Weapon that could get more options for combing parts instead of building them. You can find a gun but the only parts for combing would be things like barrels, flashlights, silencers, clips, bayonets etc.

A good example of a gun already in the game that could use more ammo & combing items to it is the Blunderbuss. I like this weapon but it needs more. We get these Lead Weights in the game & I would like to throw them right down the barrel with some powder if you know what I am saying, the same for glass, buckshot etc.

Maybe we could make a Turd Round to shoot that annoying Hacker that tries to ruin our game with a Blunderbuss full of ♥♥♥♥ to the Face.

I mean after all, the throwing Turd's hasn't achieved that splatter effect I think you were looking for.

I really like the way the game is going though after finally playing a long term game. I have a nice seed, on day 52 & managed to avoid Hordes, got a good mine going & have 3 towns that I have made collection stations to travel to. I have not made traps yet or built a good base I have been concentrating on making Gun Powder like always. The addition of the new Feral & Radiated Z's have really been a game changer in my opinion, makes Looting more challengeable. Would like to see Car & Building Alarms added to the Lock Picking Features game to attract Z's or WAKE them up. How about the safes we break open, wired to an Alarm?

Currently I have seen both on the server I play, some zombies/sleepers have glowing eyes and they run during the day. I dont know if this is normal or modded in but it makes looting houses more difficult if they runniners comming from behind you whilst your beating the crap out of another zombie.

I recently seem to be seeing a problem though if you have to leave the building for some reason too many zombies to kill so you kill them out side, when re-entering the house they sometimes already respawned. Dont know if this is normal in game or part of a mod gone wrong.

Archived