Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Joel, Roland and Gazz,

what do you think about NPC-doktor and Defered information about illness, infection or poisoning in Alpha 17?

More info about this idea here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?78577-Deferred-information-about-illness-infection-or-poisoning

Chance that one of the three will answer such a suggestion serious is ?around 1%?

And a suggetion like yours need some time to be considered. I read it yesterday and have still no serious meaning about it, my feelings are splittet, one half says sounds good, the other half say "wtf a illnessimulator".

Joel, Roland and Gazz,

what do you think about NPC-doktor and Defered information about illness, infection or poisoning in Alpha 17?

More info about this idea here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?78577-Deferred-information-about-illness-infection-or-poisoning

Go see a doctor to find out if you have a condition instead of an onscreen indicator from your Mark IV Power Suit? I'm in.

And a watch to check the time, and a calendar to count the days for the horde.

I am wrote about watches some time ago here )))

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?33767-Watches-as-an-element-of-atmosphere-games

- - - Updated - - -

Go see a doctor to find out if you have a condition instead of an onscreen indicator from your Mark IV Power Suit? I'm in.

Yes, I like it )))

what hardware changes do we players need to do to get alpha 17 up and running ?

Operating System: Windows X Bulletproof Edition

Video Card: The Hoover Dam

Ram: 300 Kilos

Processor: Large Hadron Collider

Storage: Amazon Warehouse

Should get you a nice 20 to 30 fps, -400 on horde night though.

Glad to hear

Glad to see all the hard work you guys at fun pimps are doing with the game,so is there any chance we are gonna see any content updates for PS4 anytime soon?? I see all this stuff and am so jelous I can't wait for servers like PC has so we can play with more then 4 players at a time PvP is so hard when u kill one person and host just ♥♥♥♥s server down

Glad to see all the hard work you guys at fun pimps are doing with the game,so is there any chance we are gonna see any content updates for PS4 anytime soon?? I see all this stuff and am so jelous I can't wait for servers like PC has so we can play with more then 4 players at a time PvP is so hard when u kill one person and host just ♥♥♥♥s server down

Guess I should add something about this to the header as well.

Clare is actually the forum representative of the team who is updating the PS4 version and any news about content or dedicated servers will always come through her over in the console news and announcements forum.

Madmole’s standard ambiguous answer is that they hope to bring as much content over to the console as they possibly can at some point.

As far as I know there is no plan to change the online structure but if Clare has announced something different then that is news to me.

As A17 in 2017 dwindles to wishful thinking, we can all look back... or we can look forward. America is great, because most people look forward. What subtle audacity, with all the bumps and bruises life gives us, to look forward with hope. It's what makes mankind worthy of much more.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! You deserve it.

I've been playing with SMX's mod and the expanded backpack that it has, and I do think that others have asked about this already but how bout craftable backpacks to increase storage space?

Something like we start off with the starter backpack, but we can then craft backpacks with extended inventory slots? Could introduce tiers like a leather backpack to provide a small boost to slots and then a military fiber one for a large boost?

I've been playing with SMX's mod and the expanded backpack that it has, and I do think that others have asked about this already but how bout craftable backpacks to increase storage space?

Something like we start off with the starter backpack, but we can then craft backpacks with extended inventory slots? Could introduce tiers like a leather backpack to provide a small boost to slots and then a military fiber one for a large boost?

It's a good idea. At least better than "how about adding skills, which make our inventory bigger" lol.

Operating System: Windows X Bulletproof Edition

Video Card: The Hoover Dam

Ram: 300 Kilos

Processor: Large Hadron Collider

Storage: Amazon Warehouse

Should get you a nice 20 to 30 fps, -400 on horde night though.

+ no life , no wife ...

- - - Updated - - -

Is there going to be early access for A17 by chance Id love to be one to test it out.

Apply as tester at the Fun Pimps. I mean really apply for a serious job.

http://thefunpimps.com/jobs/

No earlyer versions for normal players.

(They dont give such testversions to long known supporter of the game, why should they do it for you ? You need to wait like all others for A17 experimental ...next summer)

Is there going to be early access for A17 by chance Id love to be one to test it out.

Yes, there will be an experimental version of A17 before it releases publicly. Anyone who wants to will be able to opt in to this early access and give feedback. It will probably become accessible 3-4 weeks before A17 stable releases.

I agree with that. I would like GPS horde taken out and allow stealth to be used to avoid blood moon hordes. Put in some risk-worthy awards for facing the horde and it's up to the player if he wants to do that.

Instead of GPS, maybe make zombies see, smell, hear much better and it would make it thrilling even if played in stealth...

While I like the hordes, I can agree with your ask. Can see why some players would want to turn off 7 day hordes. Would seem pretty easy code-wise to implement that option to disable.

If the pimps implement the ability to turn of hordes as an option, would be great if they can further that idea and make hordes random start times as an option.

Hordes starting every 7 days at exactly 10:00pm is just way too easy manage. Making the horde start time random would be great for challenge.

Example horde start time theory: sometime (Even daytime hours) between 00:00 Day 5 and 23:59 Day 8 multiples.

Randomness creates chaos which is more challenging.

Challenging = more folks playing the game for longer before getting bored.

Yes, there will be an experimental version of A17 before it releases publicly. Anyone who wants to will be able to opt in to this early access and give feedback. It will probably become accessible 3-4 weeks before A17 stable releases.

hallo at all again,

i can´t find the job as ab beta tester an the site from fun pimps,but at my free time i would it it do so often i can... i love really the game... <3 pls write back on my acc a way where i can do play as a beta tester. or is this only availeble as a job at fun pimps?

hallo at all again,

i can´t find the job as ab beta tester an the site from fun pimps,but at my free time i would it it do so often i can... i love really the game... <3 pls write back on my acc a way where i can do play as a beta tester. or is this only availeble as a job at fun pimps?

Being a person who loves the game and want to be a beta tester only to play is one thing. The word TESTER is important, its not a game. Not only that, the content must be ready , and I don`t think that Pimps have much for the tester yet. Keep it up, keep being part of us here and who knows .. one day could be your happiest ;)

hallo at all again,

You don't have to apply for the job. Just wait until the beta option is announced and then test and report. You won't be able to find it yet because it is not available yet. There will be an announcement on these forums as soon as the beta opens for A17 experimental for those who want to test it early.

Vehicles and reality:

Like the Harley Davidson HOG style macho motorcycle and the bicycle. Also like the pre A17 mini-bike. So don't take what is below wrong, please. I am hoping for some realistic considerations by the pimps.

In a realistic apocalypse...roads would degrade quite fast. While there is some hazards(cinder blocks, etc) placed on the roads in 7dtd, realistic the roads would be much worse because pavement buckles, cracks, holes develop over time mainly due to temperature changes. In addition, vegetation would start growing in the cracks. Vegetation growing in pavement also will break up the pavement over time.

In addition, most travel would be off road.

Because of the above reasons, a pavement only style Harley Davidson HOG style motorcycle, a passenger car and even the A16 minibike would not be very useful in a real apocalypse except maybe the first year. These types would get stuck off road and would have great difficulty in handling the rough terrain that would occur after a few years of non-maintened roads in apocalypse.

4x4, and AWD vehicles with aggressive/knobby tires and good springy suspension is what a real human would gravitate towards if available.

My suggestion is at least change the art/skin of the mini-bike and big-bike to include more aggressive knobby tires and at least hinting at some quality suspension where the wheel moves up/down in relation to the frame by showing some springs. Would prefer the physics of the vehicles actually incorporate the suspension and traction concerns mentioned, but understand that is difficult to code. So at least address this issues with art changes.

While the existing mini-bike does have aggressive tread + wide tires appropriate for rough terrain, the mini-bike has zero suspension and any high speeds over rough terrain would render the mini-bike extremely difficult to drive if not out right crash due to rough terrain.

The HOG is even worse, low clearance, looks like all-season tires and again no hints of suspension.

In A16/A15, the mini-bike is too fast(Speed). That looks like a 1HP lawnmower FFS. That would be like 35mph on a downhill slope and struggle up steep terrain.

Lastly, in a real apocalypse I think humans would gravitate towards anything 4x4,AWD truck/suv types, ATV's and quad style side by sides.

I own 2 ATV's with 2up seats, 2 4x4 trucks and an AWD luxury car. I regularly take my family and go off road deep into the rocky mountains mostly on the ATV's cause they are by far the best in rough terrain. I know from real experience the need for 4x4 or AWD, aggressive low-air pressure tires, ground clearance and springy independent wheel suspension when going off road in rough terrain.

Archived