Worst time 7dtd trolled you? I'll start.

Scyris

It would be my current game, I have cleared 2 entire towns pretty much of cars, I have storage chests full of batteries and engines, but know what I don't have, a SINGLE frigging headlight so I can make my damn minibike. The 2 traders I know where they are at haven't ever stocked one either. I think i've easly wrenched over 200+ cars, and not a single headlight.

Worst time was waaaaay back in a16 when I first got infected.  Spent 3 days until I died going through 3 towns doing nothing but looting containers for a beaker.  Died doing that.  Hours and no beakers and I play DiD.  Very frustrating. 

Latest: 

Typically I start off doing a few digs because they give me some food to start and a few food recipes that will take me to the end game.  Current game, day 10, one digging mission.  Thought they removed them entirely as I did not see the first on till day 5.  

I don't know if it was the worst but it was the most humiliating and shocking when it happened and I've since read others having it happen to them so I know there is probably a support group for me somewhere.

That moment I destroyed a shower curtain and the curtain rail dropped on my head and one shot killed me. Happened a couple of years ago and since then I always just back slowly out of bathrooms with shower curtains.

23 hours ago, Roland said:

I don't know if it was the worst but it was the most humiliating and shocking when it happened and I've since read others having it happen to them so I know there is probably a support group for me somewhere.

That moment I destroyed a shower curtain and the curtain rail dropped on my head and one shot killed me. Happened a couple of years ago and since then I always just back slowly out of bathrooms with shower curtains.

Some alphas ago, i did a no-poi run. How it ended?

I was working on my base, and a roaming horde came by. No big deal, right?

Well, i was waiting at my entrance , club ready. For one reason or another, i did a jump, and got stuck inside a wooden frame.

Couldn't defend myself, and died. I could have gone creative mode, but i didn't want to do that when i play "survival" mode.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:11 AM, Scyris said:

It would be my current game, I have cleared 2 entire towns pretty much of cars, I have storage chests full of batteries and engines, but know what I don't have, a SINGLE frigging headlight so I can make my damn minibike. The 2 traders I know where they are at haven't ever stocked one either. I think i've easly wrenched over 200+ cars, and not a single headlight.

does your wrench look like this?

wrench.jpg

When I first got the game on PS4, I joined a friends game and they were on day 5 or something. I knew almost nothing. I spawned in a nice area all covered in snow and it started raining. zeds quickly began attacking me. I died within minutes. Everyone laughed.

it may have been the same game, but at some point I respawned in a place with all bricks. Yay , I thought, not that terrible snowy place. I died within a few minutes.

recent modded game: I was in a house and looting a kitchen. Zeds were outside banging on the walls. No big deal, I’ve got time and I don’t hear them getting closer. Loot cabinet, take all, loot cabinet , take all. I turned and there taking up my entire view was just the face of Grace. I panicked and got off a shot with my shotgun, and ran (very slowly as I was encumbered) knowing I was done for but maybe I could use a nearby table for protection. Well, it wasn’t the real grace, because it died in 1 shot. apparently it was completely silent and did not attack immediately. 

Back on ps4s playing with player damage off. We were having fun shooting each other and taking no damage. I pulled out a rocket launcher and immediately Killed my friend, as apparently explosive damage wasn’t protected or something. 

ps4: back in the day if you dipped your mini bike in any water it just stopped working. I was in the desert. Mini bike slips a little into the water. My big brain says “I can put blocks under it, wall off the water, take the water out. and drive it out! I spend days in game trying to do this as my mini bike keeps dropping lower and lower. I was determined and basically was like “I’m damming off the entire river, and will prevail!”. Dammed off the river, slowly and handily drove the bike out. Proudly told my ps4 friend of my achievement. He said “so, why didn’t you just pick the bike up?”.  I did not know you could do this. 

pa4, mini bike again: somehow I crashed the minibike and died. I was far from home. Ran, risking life and limb, back to get the bike because I didn’t really have any weapons or anything at the base. Made it to the bike! It had some smoke coming out of it, which was a cool effect. Got on bike. Instant death. Made another trip all the way back to get the bike/backpack.  Figured out that I guess a fully damaged bike has some sort of huge damage effect. Sigh.

a few times: ate the glass

I mentioned in another post about falling and  popping up at max height but not knowing it l, and  it was all white and pretty,  Then I realized I was falling and then I died. 

probably a lot more if I think about it, but the early ones are most memorable. 

Best troll. Waay back in a10. We were on our first dedicated server I had set up. Had a little group of us that had converted one of the brown-brick homes into a concrete fort. Had built a basement section with secure bedrooms to keep our personals safe. Full defensive outsides, and had cleared the better part of a city block around it so we could see them coming.

We're all sitting up on the roof waiting for the horde. 
Odd.... where are the zeds?
Go down to my chest to grab another weapong.

Found the horde. Spawning basically inside my bedroom in the basement.

Also note that since I had the server hardware to support it, horde was set to 64, and our max alive was 450 zeds at the time.

Or Alpha 12 with the gore blocks stacking.  

This was back in Alpha 16. I needed an engine for my minibike, but of course RNG was not on my side. I started counting and I continued counting until the end. 98 cars later, the 7D2D gods finally bestowed me with... a level 1 engine. 😛 Remember that back then the quality levels were between 1-600, so... I really got the short end of the stick.

On 4/28/2021 at 8:58 AM, Roland said:

The same thing happens to me occasionally with the shower curtains, plugs falling on me, and the metal bar holding the shower curtains up after I destroy the curtains, since it isn't properly connected to the wall. Nowadays I steer clear. Lol

I once started mining a surface node (iron i guess), just like we all do. Totally normal stuff.

After clearing the node, i of course keep digging to reach the underground veins. Still totally normal stuff. Im now just 2 blocks deep. As im digging on the side of the hole, a tiny portion of the surface layer detaches, falls on me and yes, kills me.

From just one layer above. Like i received a whole cave-in of several tons. I stood there with my mouth open, looking at my corpse that's, yes, totally dead. This doesnt seem to be a joke, im not moving nor clicking on "Respawn on your bed". Im trying to process how the flying blue and most remote F this just happened, for a full minute.

So follow my advice and clear the surface layer of your mining shaft in a 734 feet radius, because in 7DtD, gravity is a monumental a-hole.

3 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

ps4: back in the day if you dipped your mini bike in any water it just stopped working. I was in the desert. Mini bike slips a little into the water. My big brain says “I can put blocks under it, wall off the water, take the water out. and drive it out! I spend days in game trying to do this as my mini bike keeps dropping lower and lower. I was determined and basically was like “I’m damming off the entire river, and will prevail!”. Dammed off the river, slowly and handily drove the bike out. Proudly told my ps4 friend of my achievement. He said “so, why didn’t you just pick the bike up?”.  I did not know you could do this. 

Funny story, but his wasn't the game trolling you . . . it was YOU trolling you

Edit : Decided I would share since I was being nitpicky -

Managed to flip my motorcycle end over end in one of the earlier alphas that they existed in. At first I thought I was going to be ok, but then after at least two revolutions the bike came down on top of me and shoved me into the landscape, that didn't kill me though . . . what killed me was the game seemingly taking offense to my current position wedged between the motorcycle and the ground and deciding that the solution was to catapult me into the air. 

I don't know precisely how high I went, didn't think to look at the elevation, but I did have enough time to look around and admire the lay of the land around me before impact.

Edited by Reckis (see edit history)

I recall long ago, not sure which alpha. ( I started at about A11) You would sometimes climb quickly up a ladder and at top it would throw you up in the atmosphere. All you could do was enjoy the scenery and the ride down to your ultimate death. Sure was pretty view though.

A few alphas ago....(that's how 7D2D bedtime stories start) I'd restarted a game because the world generated was too weird, with elevation issues, floating stuff, etc. When the new world was finished generating I took a few steps forward and punched a blade or two of grass, and spied a rock to pick up. The instant I did so, everything around me began to collapse...the whole hillside! It was too late to run; the cave in was massive! I wanted my money back....it was no where near seven days! 😀

-Morloc

In an age before zombies had engineering degrees I had an easy life... until one day, I didn't.

In the first BM hoard, the smart zombies saw my min/maxed "dumb zombie" fort and smiled...

Need I continue? 

(I should read major update notes, but so many words!)  :)

Edited by Aldranon
grammar (see edit history)

Back in Alpha 18, I was having a good ol time riding around a motorcycle when I spotted a large cluster of zeds. I decided I would ram one with my motorcycle, and jump off shoot one in the head, and then smash in the last one.... Unfortunately, I'm not sure it was a bug or not, but when I got off my motocycle at full speed, it clipped my character, and sent me into some kind of dazed animation with my character lying on the floor for about 5 seconds. I barely got out of that without being fully eaten... Since alpha 19, I've never seen this animation occur again, I don't think players can get stunned anymore, but not sure.