Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

On 1/31/2021 at 3:37 PM, MechanicalLens said:

The new burned victim looks great, although I have my doubts that just by looking at him I would be right to assume he'd set you on fire.

There is a new feral version that is on fire and glows more that will light you on fire. This one will be hard to see and probably sneak up on you but easier to kill and do less damage etc.

On 2/1/2021 at 5:30 AM, MechanicalLens said:

The amount of people spreading the false rumor online that Alpha 20 will be releasing within the next month or two is insane. Could any member of TFP staff confirm this is not true? Concrete evidence is needed if I'm going to clear this up with anybody so a direct quote would be nice.

If we're not doing frequent dev streams, then there is no release in sight.

11 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Will a primitive crossbow be added at some point? It seems a little odd that there's stone crossbow bolts because one would think that by the time they are able to craft an iron crossbow, they'll also be able to make iron bolts.

I doubt it. It would make more sense to get rid of stone crossbow bolts, it's a much more advanced weapon IMO.

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Sometimes other stuff takes longer and things get pushed back or deleted. I updated the roadmap on a couple topics I don't think will make it.

If you were trying to sell someone A20 over A19, what do you think will be the defining feature?

boobs

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, madmole said:

There isn't any new special infected coming any time soon.

What are the plans for radiated zombies, then? I believe at some point you guys said you hated how they looked and were planning on replacing them with tougher/special enemies.

Also, whatever happened to the "gasser" zombie? Or is he not in the "special enemy" category?

Edited by Xtrakicking (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

What are the plans for radiated zombies, then? I believe at some point you guys said you hated how they looked and were planning on replacing them with tougher/special enemies.

Also, whatever happened to the "gasser" zombie? Or is he not in the "special enemy" category?

Guys, I think what MM is saying is that the special infected won't be a feature for A20.

That seems pretty clear to me.

@madmole What is your "guesstimate" (if any) for the next Dev Stream? Thanks

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

On 11/13/2020 at 11:30 PM, madmole said:

Clothing is armor and armor is clothing. There will be a wide range of stats balanced to how good the perks are, and if it is light or heavy armor. There is a wasteland assassin outfit designed for killing and stealth. Plant fiber and cloth armor are now merged to "primitive outfit". Then there is leather and commando. For heavy it's scrap, iron and steel, cool words pending. Even the scrap iron set makes iron man's first suit look weak, these are really cool outfits.

@madmole Hello.
I have been pondering on this post for a while and would like to ask a question.

As I understand it, the armor that we have now will leave the game and new clothes-armor / armor-clothes will come in its place.

Now at Alpha 19, players can adjust the level of protection against damage with armor, and the level of protection against weather conditions with clothing.

If in 20 Alpha clothes are also armor, how can players regulate the level of protection, for example, from cold or heat?
Will this be done with modifications? Or are you going to add summer and winter options for armor-clothing

7 hours ago, madmole said:

Yes, I want to add about 3 more Faatal's so we can get @%$# done. Good programmers please apply.

There's no easy answer to that. Maybe , as per my title,  I can reinforce what you already know. There are 3 options:

1-  Not waiting for fishes to ask for a job on TFP job opening main page, unless you want a high percentage of a friendly crowd with the lottery inclined towards underperforming  nice-to-talk people. Those lads are rad, but take time to train.

2- Posting the job openings in every single page that you can think of for the Texas area . Rare thing to find good, experienced and available programmers there though, so I recommend California and surrounding area.

3-The West of EEUU is a better choice for talent hunting, but be prepared to hire with senior salary in mind and inclined to work from far away, that is  IF you want faatal's talent and expertise.

I hope I provided interesting and mature ideas. Also, the ability to model and tweak jiggling boobs is a must.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

A bit of odd constructive criticism here, that I will admit - more of a suggestion really, come to think about it - but in my opinion the smallest version of the Pop-N-Pills (the "remnant" version) does not need a reinforced chest on top. It seems a little bit out of place and honestly I would think the player would loot a Pop-N-Pills, especially a smaller store, for the meds and drugs, not for traditional loot. Perhaps the chest could be replaced with a couple backpacks or something? :) 

8 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

If you were trying to sell someone A20 over A19, what do you think will be the defining feature?

boobs

I'm biased, but I think the new pipe weapons and loot/progression will add a ton. Greatly enhanced random gen will be great too, as well as a million other things.

5 minutes ago, madmole said:

I'm biased, but I think the new pipe weapons and loot/progression will add a ton. Greatly enhanced random gen will be great too, as well as a million other things.

Most of the time spent in the game is at end gaming. I would have liked if there was one pipe gun that shot all the bullets that you picked up just so you could have a gun when you start out. Since it's a little late for that can we have junk ammo like what's used in the turrets for our pipe weapons? are the pipe weapons going to be crafted?

17 hours ago, madmole said:

I doubt it. It would make more sense to get rid of stone crossbow bolts, it's a much more advanced weapon IMO.

to be fair in a Apocalypse, it would make sense to make stone or even wooden arrows. for both bows and crossbows. its cheap ammo. being cheap is good in a world like that.  (not saying wooden arrows would be a thing but just saying for example) 

now i still think bows and crossbows should have more base damage and then adds more with the arrows.

like a level 1 primitive bow would deal. 20 damage and with steel arrows it can deal 56 or something
and a level 6 bow would deal 28 damage and the steel arrows deal 62 damage. (not counting iron or special arrows/bolts)

cuz they show they deal the same damage, at least when i played, maybe they updated it. 

Spoiler

and i still think they should simply the Arrows and bolts and make the same ammo. it could give room to new arrows or even a new ammo or item (idk if thats how that works)

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

I really liked the Radiated zombies but not the way they added them. i think a Radioactive zombie would work well as a special zombie. not a zombie variant 

they can show how dangerous the radioactive world is and how it affects the zombies, they would kinda look like the burnt zombies but there face is more.. scary like a feral wight, and have red eyes, and there skin has a green glow with Large Boils/Siss on it, and they are very veiny...

they would kinda be the opposite of a fire zombie, they emit rads near them, they deal radiation damage when attacking, they heal, they have much more hp then a Normal zombie, but worst for stealth sense they are Basically a Walking glow stick. 

they would also spawn in the Wasteland to add some extra challenge (plus it makes sense)   

Is there any chance that we will have a way to get quality 6 primitive weapons and tools, after we pass the game stage where they drop, in A20?

Some of us like to stay primitive most of the game, and kinda lame when you miss your chance at a T6 stone axe. 

I did actually find a T6 basic bow at a high gamestage, in a random backpack, in the current build, so maybe it is already in?  Dev?

2 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Awesome, what is the main goal of the the new loot/progression change?

boobies

Increase longevity of the play through.  In this case it's a good thing IMO.  I think they're gearing it more towards biome toughness rather than gamestage (hopefully my memory and the posts I've read on that are correct), so that you're moving to tougher biomes if you want better gear.

17 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:
19 hours ago, madmole said:

Yes, I want to add about 3 more Faatal's so we can get @%$# done. Good programmers please apply.

Perhaps you should divert resources from the 7D2D team and initiate development on cloning technology. ;)

May I suggest to make it feral Faatal's...they are even better and faster in coding, and do double damage to bugs.

11 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

I would have liked if there was one pipe gun that shot all the bullets that you picked up just so you could have a gun when you start out.

That's not how bullets work though.  The diameter of the bullet has to match the barrel, otherwise it just blows air or jams in the barrel.

13 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

That's not how bullets work though.  The diameter of the bullet has to match the barrel, otherwise it just blows air or jams in the barrel.

unless its pellets. then no

maybe if the gun had. like. 6 barrels. then you load a bullet each then ok. 

i hope we can have a look at a Pipe pistol, hopping for a old pistol style. like a Revolver or even something like a Mauser from WW1.

a old outdated pistol that looks rather simple. and is loaded with stripper clips. 
it always looks like something someone in the wasteland would uses. due to its odd look. :)
image.jpeg.0f045f30e2ebdce01ce96765af6d9dcf.jpeg

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic