Alpha 20 Dev Diary

3 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

can I have an official response to how far away from a volume you can be before triggering spawns? not just them showing up, but also them being calculated in?

It is 8m in XZ for them to start spawning. Don't know what you mean by calculated in.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, faatal said:

It is 8m in XZ for them to start spawning. Don't know what you mean by calculated in.

thanks. uhm, calculated in, bad wording, but didnt have a better way to phrase. as you drive by buildings, you get near volumes, I didnt know if the game calculates them as you approach to get them ready to render or not. basically hold in memory before you get close enough to render.

Another question for @faatal with the drop quests, I can share them with party, and no matter who kills the zed. bear, animal, female, any. they count for anyone on the quest, except dogs. Is this intentional, or something not hooked in like the vultures? are the quest kills meant to be individual the way dogs are, or party kills as all others are?

edit: another correction

snake is counted as zombie kill instead of an animal kill

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)
On 3/6/2021 at 1:22 PM, faatal said:

What is done for the Y aspect then?

The main problem I have found with this is dropping / climbing into another room and having them appear as i do so.