Alpha 20 Dev Diary

5 minutes ago, faatal said:

Each pregen world adds 300 MB to the install size, so we would probably stick with shipping just 3 for now.

Yes, that would explain why my storage is filling up rather quickly; I seldom delete generated worlds. Good stuff, good to know.

Since the introduction of the new loot progress "stone tools bad quality to good quality, then iron tools bad to good, then steel...-") I have experienced that I always keep my fully modded stone axe (you rather quickly get a purple one, so 4 modslots) until i get an at least mid quality steel axe, and totally skip iron ones.

The iron pickaxe does just a little more damage, but drains a lot more stamina, and at first you get bad ones with less mod slots (intended, i know)

So after all it seems even slower...at least there is no "yeah finally" moment when you find them, but "meh...instant scrap".

And it's not only axes. Almost every weapon/tool you find of the higher tier is of bad quality, and due to the lesser modding slots its useless compared to the ones I have.

Tools is more the problem because of stamina drain, as already said, but same i feel for weapons.

I know the new system has advantages, but I really miss the former moments of for example: "YES finally the first pickaxe"

Now you know when you will start to find them, and that they will be definitely garbage at first.

Does anybody else feel the same?

Is that on the "still tweaked" list?

Could be adjusted by:

-making mods more efficient in higher tier stuff. For example an "iron breaker" mod in a stone axe gives 15% more damage to iron, while in a steel axe it gives 50% more.

-lower/adjust stamina drain for higher tier tools, so that its significantly faster to use them overall, even when you have to take some pauses to regain stamina.

-stamina drain not only connected to perks like "TRex" but to strength/endurance in general (well that is more or less already the case (1 Point more per character level)

2 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Since the introduction of the new loot progress "stone tools bad quality to good quality, then iron tools bad to good, then steel...-") I have experienced that I always keep my fully modded stone axe (you rather quickly get a purple one, so 4 modslots) until i get an at least mid quality steel axe, and totally skip iron ones.

The iron pickaxe does just a little more damage, but drains a lot more stamina, and at first you get bad ones with less mod slots (intended, i know)

So after all it seems even slower...at least there is no "yeah finally" moment when you find them, but "meh...instant scrap".

And it's not only axes. Almost every weapon/tool you find of the higher tier is of bad quality, and due to the lesser modding slots its useless compared to the ones I have.

Tools is more the problem because of stamina drain, as already said, but same i feel for weapons.

I know the new system has advantages, but I really miss the former moments of for example: "YES finally the first pickaxe"

Now you know when you will start to find them, and that they will be definitely garbage at first.

Does anybody else feel the same?

Is that on the "still tweaked" list?

Could be adjusted by:

-making mods more efficient in higher tier stuff. For example an "iron breaker" mod in a stone axe gives 15% more damage to iron, while in a steel axe it gives 50% more.

-lower/adjust stamina drain for higher tier tools, so that its significantly faster to use them overall, even when you have to take some pauses to regain stamina.

-stamina drain not only connected to perks like "TRex" but to strength/endurance in general (well that is more or less already the case (1 Point more per character level)

My advice for iron tools is to get Sex Rex to 3/5, install Ergonomic grips onto them, and drink coffee or blackstrap coffee.

The iron shovel though is mostly worthless. A level 6 stone shovel is about as fast as an equivalently tiered iron shovel, uses significantly less stamina, and only takes stones to repair.

Hello.When will it be possible to disable the Stone Age?

In this form, it has no logic.
The player comes to the weapons store and finds wooden bows and blunderbusses, after a month of playing the player comes to the same store and loots automatic shotguns and machine guns.

To make it look realistic, the player should not be able to get into high-level buildings until a certain stage of the game.

Or make these buildings only in large cities, which the player will not initially have access to.

You have to play with an experience rate of 300%, which would be faster to skip the Stone Age.
But there is a big plus, to the 50 day (as I noticed most survive no more than 30-50 game days) I have time to enjoy all the content,including the best weapons, armor, and as much as possible to develop the base.