Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

8 hours ago, Demonoid74 said:

See kids do play...so there SHOULD be child zombies ;) 

or like I have suggested in the past , just make them little people and not call the children and its a win win! Fast , low to the ground , hiding in bushes or trashcans...lol

If you want small enemys what about rats? the model is easy made, (make the Rabits ears small and add a tail)

17 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Is it too late to report on the bug tracker? I found an issue where if you enter the interface of a shotgun turret, SMG turret, dart trap, electric timer relay, motion sensor, or spotlight, the ability to nerdpole or pick up frames is severely crippled. In other words, your camera has to be in a very specific position to pick up or place frames, and sometimes it won't let you do this at all. A simple relog fixes this.

Everyone is waiting for the number of MF to decrease from 8 to 0. @MechanicalLens : Oh by the way... Nice moment to remember some serious bug!😄

But seriously speaking, it's good that you help the devteam catch bugs :) 

8 hours ago, Ladarian said:

Install the ones you want or don't it's honestly as easy as that.   Be happy we've got a variety of mods and folks putting in the time.

I mean : if game is less popular more creators are focused on big lore/realistics mods

13 hours ago, Demonoid74 said:

See kids do play...so there SHOULD be child zombies ;) 

or like I have suggested in the past , just make them little people and not call the children and its a win win! Fast , low to the ground , hiding in bushes or trashcans...lol

Well teens ( 18) are in most countries mature so zombie can be high school students , we have high school  POI  so problem can be solved this wayXDDDD 

But it think modders will added them soon

16 minutes ago, Rizno said:

Surely we're close enough to get exact dates by now?

We'll most likely get told the release date the day before the streamer weekend starts so only 4 days before experimental drops. That could still be a couple of weeks away at this point too

9 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well i know. I mean complete A21 road map

Why would we get that the day A20 launched lol

Most likely they will update A20 for a while to make sure everything is solid in it, before starting to fully commit to A21, and the "roadmaps" usually just end up being a headache for everyone involved since people try to hold TFP to a tentative "Here's what we might do for the next alpha" roadmap.

@Gazz , would it be worth it for you guys to tweak the padded armour from the current fixed values to the ranged variation ones that other armours have, now that you have some slack with the added decimal value?

I mean, it would be just a tiny "<1 point flavour" for that sad set that would make us happily value padded more  and not scrap or sell so many pieces  compared to the other ones. I don't know if it's worth it though, because I also don't know if you plan to scrap the current sets completely or just redo them for a21.

Thanks beforearm.

Padded isn't even worth scrapping *or* selling in it's current state lol, it's not even worth the inventory slot and cloth scraps are so abundant that even on the first day I would never waste inventory scrapping cloth armor

IMO cloth armor needs some pretty big QoL buffs, even on day 1 it's basically just filler that holds a mod for you until you find quite literally any other piece of armor in the game. Light armor as a whole will hopefully get reworked to not be so "why would I ever use this?" territory. The stamina reducing mods, noise not mattering, and being able to just take your heavy armor off before going on a long 1km+ run makes light armor pretty pointless imo.

3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

@Gazz , would it be worth it for you guys to tweak the padded armour from the current fixed values to the ranged variation ones that other armours have, now that you have some slack with the added decimal value?

No primitive item has random variation because of the low cost they would all be trivial to spam-craft until you have the "good one".

That is not gameplay that we want to encourage.

Archived