Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

19 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

The less they are, the bigger they become, apparently... :laugh:

Careful, this is faatal. He might be able to divide 22 by 7 in a week, just seconds after Roland. 

This could be the infinity symbol rotated 45 degrees right. Or left.  

Enjoy the silence before the storm you guys. 

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

The less they are, the bigger they become, apparently... :laugh:

30 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Just wait until:

b1.jpg

Damn i neeed newsstands now! give me support!  HEY DEVS RELEASE NOW FIX LATTER  - VANGUARD, CYBERPUNK AND BF HAVE TONS OF BUGS SO NOBODY WILL BE ANGRY ABOUT THAT ^^

Just now, Matt115 said:

Damn i neeed newsstands now! give me support!  HEY DEVS RELEASE NOW FIX LATTER  - VANGUARD, CYBERPUNK AND BF HAVE TONS OF BUGS SO NOBODY WILL BE ANGRY ABOUT THAT ^^

Your speech is like an extremely valuable archeological find. Rare and obscure but rather amusing. I believe there are MF in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Lol! — who made that one? Was that the official Roland one I missed?  Whoever made it, nice job!

Never realized it was a zoom recording and from the looks of it, Roland's school meeting room...lol

Bravo Roland!  And Matt...maybe you will run into a newstand or 2 in A20....skeletons though might be pushed to A21.....😅

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

If faatal was THAT hot, he would probably do a different job... :laugh:

Also, you have a very twisted mind you know? :suspicious:

Well, there were eight men in that scene and I'm sure she sometimes thinks men ARE annoying bugs.  :D

Edit: The scene is also the perfect analogy of a programmer 'fighting' computer bugs!  They use their minds to defeat them!

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

On 11/24/2021 at 8:12 PM, BFT2020 said:

The real question to ask is, why do they want to stay on Navez?  If you can find why, it will help to convince them to try a new map.

My son is scared of getting lost on a new map.  My wife is now fine with changing or staying.  

My son may just have to suck it up.  A 4k RWG sounds like a fun project   

35 minutes ago, Gazz said:

You can't get lost in a game that has an auto map, automatic markers for home base and bedroll, custom map markers...

Even Day 1, the party system means you'll always know how to find your group. Or if you're in trouble (like trapped on a roof surrounded by dogs) your group knows how to find you lol.

Frame the move not as losing a town he's familiar with, but as a brand new adventure on a randomly generated world that nobody has ever played before. Anything could happen!

49 minutes ago, Gazz said:

You can't get lost in a game that has an auto map, automatic markers for home base and bedroll, custom map markers...

Speaking of the map and markers.
On one of the streams, the viewer suggested initially hiding the map and adding the "Cartographer" upgrade branch in order to be able to use the map and leave marks on it.
In fact, a guy in underpants with a stone ax and access to GPS looks strange :)

1 hour ago, mstdv inc said:

Speaking of the map and markers.
On one of the streams, the viewer suggested initially hiding the map and adding the "Cartographer" upgrade branch in order to be able to use the map and leave marks on it.

Yeah, if I were to make a mod, I would probably add two items that you could find easily in shops. A watch (in many different shops) and an area map (in gas stations, book stores and sporting goods/gun shops). Before you find them, you have no map and no clock on your hud. The compass can arguably be said to be sense of direction based off the sun’s position, but I might add a compass as well. 

in a lot of ways this might make the early game too difficult if the RNGods are @%$#y, but it would add another level of immersion.