can we change the HAMMER TURRET (totally worthless) to a NAIL TURRET ?

7daysOfFun

the hammer turrent is .... BAD

i v tested....

around zombies > it give 3 times a leg massage at the zombie

in the door...> does nothing

in the hand > 1xhammer shoot then i must escape..for a second hammer shoot is this thing 2 slow

what uv thinked when u designed this thing? for WHAT can i use it???

must i put it on 1 frame block and then it smashes the zombie head with 1 shoot?

and the thing is 25% 2 big..why so great

my idea...put the hammer in front away (only the front), and make a nail turret...with 200 nails as magazine ...

is the idea a good thing?, or can u explain how i use "this thing?"

I put my sledge turrets at my front doors, they do quite a bit of damage to zombies and animals that try to beat my door down :) I dont even have to attack the thing hitting my door because they tend to die from the sledge alone.

I'll probably never get around to it. But I wondered how well they'd work if you had a single raised row of blocks leading up to a door and put the sledge turret off to one side. So when the zombies beat on the door the turret knocks them off into a pit full of spikes with stairs leading out, so they have a clear path back up to the row of blocks leading to the door. Then you could finish them off with ranged weapons or grenades/molotovs. It'd be somewhat like the old infinite loop wedge tip bases, only real difference is that you'd have to keep repairing the door.

As tracker said, they good at places that a Z wants to get to, door in his case. The entrance to my base is guarded by an electric fence and thumper. The fence keeps them stunned while thumper beats them to death. I saw a video by cappo that used two at once, when you skilled up in robotics far enough, that works like a camp, the zeds were taken out pretty quick. So they work better when on defense where yo set the terms. I wouldn't take one on a raid, to restrictive in their use.

iv tried ur tips now in a zombienight....this thing does nothing... it gives zombies massage (no kills from it)....and on top at something the thing does nothing

have u perhaps a video that i could look, what i do wrong?

when i find a normal turret shooter...with lvl 1 it shoot good &slow...but this thing at lvl1...i dont know what to do with it lol

8 hours ago, FA_Q2 said:

You need points in robotics to get good use out of them - dont expect them to be amazing without the investment.

I did expect them to at least keep zombies back. I tried it a few times, spawned in a lvl5 one and put it in front of a door. The zombies walk right through it as if it isn't even there. It punches, what? Like every 5 secs? So another thing you need to spend points on for it to be useful. Great.

14 hours ago, KeiraR said:

I did expect them to at least keep zombies back. I tried it a few times, spawned in a lvl5 one and put it in front of a door. The zombies walk right through it as if it isn't even there. It punches, what? Like every 5 secs? So another thing you need to spend points on for it to be useful. Great.

It is not meant to stop zeds - it damages them.  The wood block you place 2 spaces in front of it is the thing that stops the zeds while the turret kills them.

When I saw the turret concept I was thinking that's used for breaking doors and walls. 

It's weird having a stationary weapon like this fighting the zombies. 

In melee you need movement.

The zeds can just pass by the turret, it's not a threat. That's exactly what they actually do.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think this might be the most overpowered addition to a19. I made my shelter on a roof of a fire station (bright red building) and a ladder to access my new home. I found this hammer turret on my second day and said to myself "what the hell, I'll put this at the ladder entrance to my base, it's free after all" ... and lived through 4 blood moons without seeing more than 5 zombies during each of them. In the morning I just climb down, kill the dogs and gather all the yellow backpacks.

In my opinion that turret is a nice addition to the game. I have not spent any skills or anything into robotics so i don't use the hammer for his damage (but who would say no to free damage?) but rather for his ability to push zombies away. In front of a door to keep zombies outside the room for a bit longer. At the end of a ladder for obvious reasons, climb on a rock and let the hammer do the work at the floor etc.

Can be quite useful sometimes and I definitely wanna spend skillpoints into robotics, not only because two maxed out turrets are insane to have.

On 7/6/2020 at 1:14 AM, kamelophagous said:

Haven't tried them out yet, hoping to use them to push zeds off off high places and let gravity do the damage though.

ya my idea is to have these on either side of a skinny rail zombies run across with spikes below. hoping it will knock a good chunk of them down to the spikes below.

Archived