Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

12 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I'm very bad at using stuff like video recorder software and the likes.

Do you have any suggestion for a good free video recorder I could use with 7DTD to record evidence for bugs? Thanks

We use OBS studio and then DaVinci resolve for editing. All free and super easy to use :D There are a ton of tutorials on how to work them if you struggle. That way of you decide to make vids you have some awesome free software 😛 

9 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Too effin funny 😂🤣🕯️🔫

On 8/26/2020 at 10:57 AM, madmole said:

He's been farting since Alpha 1, burping etc. Nobody ever noticed?

I noticed, I literally complain every time I see him, about how his burps make me feel sick lol 🤢🤮He is Gassious Maximus, a very gross individual LMAO. EDIT: Not that I would change him or hate him, he just makes me feel ikky which adds to my experience in the game.

13 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Who needs a robotic drone when we have Myra and Myla to take care of business?  (no pervy jokes Snowdog.... -_-) INT is my favorite build. :)

I have "The Bouncer" and "No means No".  😅

I see how the zombies want to touch "No means No", but she will smack them into next week!

The Bouncer lives up to his name and even demolishers are afraid of him! 

10 hours ago, faatal said:

A better choice might be stealth provides you some resistance to the targeting, so based on distance and randomness, you may only get a partial amount targeting you while the rest just look around.

I don't even try to get melee stealth kills. I basically just use the bow when I can. Enemy in field or sleeper laying there? Free damage. Head shot even better.

I've been thinking about it and a better way might be with a special infected that acts as a zombie alarm system. Basically a zombie with oversized mutated sensory organs including extra sets that will always detect you no matter what. Which will be designed to always make a lot of noise but not as much as a screamer when it detects you, takes damage, and dies to create a tangible reason for auto awake/aggro sleeper volumes. However naturally on the back end the zombie will have nothing to do with them waking up and only serves as something players can blame for it instead of feeling as cheated.

Another option would be setting it up to where players have a thin rare chance to kill this special infected before it detects them and that will disable the auto wake/aggro volumes. Which will give players a bit of hope that they can over come it so that they feel less cheated once again.

12 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@rubens9311 One shotting Z´s with the sneak bonus saves ressources, that works up to radiated bikers and cops with a crossbow. Play on 50% loot and warrior or higher difficulty. You will be happy about every single arrow you can save. Not drawing attention from outside a POI also helps when playing higher difficulties. First 3 stages of difficulty i propably wouldn´t spend anything in stealth eithe. Also Splinter Cell made me a stealth fanboy. 😛

Hello friend, I am on a SV MP playing with:

* Difficulty: insane Exp multiplier 50% * No supply * You die and everything falls * Loot 50%

And believe me, nothing is achieved if you do not do it or risk your life for it.

Not to mention that it is MP and when you return home it is possible that you have been robbed.

Day 105, lvl 32, approx 2000z dead. I never used stealth.

They are styles of games, I never used it and I think it is not necessary yet. Maybe later with the arrival of bandits I will close my mouth, as MM said. haha

The zombie idea would be for it to be called the Watcher and for it to have disturbingly large eyes with possible extra eyes that always look at the player. Included in it's design will be chains and strap metal so it clearly looks like it will make a lot of noise. As well as possibly having over sized ears as well to better hear you and sell the whole their is no way your sneaking by this thing vibe. Now to make it even more disturbing include Eye Candy in the design to imply that it was someone that over dosed on the stuff before becoming a zombie.

Possible design is either make it look like a natural zombie mutant or something that was modified after the fact for example the Demos. Which acts like a guard dog put in placed by the magic loot fairies that conveniently placed loot piles at the end of POIs.

1 hour ago, Reckis said:

I must be missing the joke . . . but the build looks good

Its from the Simpsons episode The Cartridge Family where Homer gets a hand gun and goes crazy with it using it for everything he can. Which includes shooting the lights out to go to bed. Which someone commended about it when MechanicalLens first posted the build pictures about shooting the candle out to go to bed as that is what they thought all Americans did after seeing that episode.

7 minutes ago, Danidas said:

Its from the Simpsons episode The Cartridge Family where Homer gets a hand gun and goes crazy with it using it for everything he can. Which includes shooting the lights out to go to bed. Which someone commended about it when MechanicalLens first posted the build pictures about shooting the candle out to go to bed as that is what they though all Americans did after seeing that episode.

I have never seen any Simpsons episode, so cool trivia to know. ^^

Edit: Sorry if that ruins some of the magic for ya. *Shrug*

28 minutes ago, Danidas said:

Its from the Simpsons episode The Cartridge Family where Homer gets a hand gun and goes crazy with it using it for everything he can. Which includes shooting the lights out to go to bed. Which someone commended about it when MechanicalLens first posted the build pictures about shooting the candle out to go to bed as that is what they though all Americans did after seeing that episode.

Ok, guess I never saw that episode. Thank you for the explanation.

And then there is this one : 

Spoiler

We could get damage by some weapons on lights, can we ?

Could be a thing in PvP, but in PvE we could use this to take advantage, in a moments when we need to be stealth in the night.

While we move/crawl(very encumbered) back to a base situation for example. 

Madmole,

One question remains unanswered, a big mystery is yet to solved.
Billions of 7 Days to Die Players need to know:

Will the Nightclub lady (Stripper Replacement) make it in an A19.x Patch or pushed back For A20?

Cheers and to everyone reading: Have a good Weekend.

22 minutes ago, beerfly said:

And then there is this one : 

Reveal hidden contents

We could get damage by some weapons on lights, can we ?

Could be a thing in PvP, but in PvE we could use this to take advantage, in a moments when we need to be stealth in the night.

While we move/crawl(very encumbered) back to a base situation for example. 

SPEAKING OF light!

will the flashlight ever get love? i rarely uses the flashlight and to me it gets out classes by weapon and headlights, yeah its brighter but i would rather have a Dim light and be able to defend myself rather then have a bright light and be vulnerable, maybe it could turn into one of those Cop flashlights that are heavy and you could beat someone with! 

just me? ok

20 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Madmole,

One question remains unanswered, a big mystery is yet to solved.
Billions of 7 Days to Die Players need to know:

Will the Nightclub lady (Stripper Replacement) make it in an A19.x Patch or pushed back For A20?

Cheers and to everyone reading: Have a good Weekend.

My question is why Did they show the gasser in the Steam Page even though he is not in yet, but it shows A19 stuff? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

SPEAKING OF light!

will the flashlight ever get love? i rarely uses the flashlight and to me it gets out classes by weapon and headlights, yeah its brighter but i would rather have a Dim light and be able to defend myself rather then have a bright light and be vulnerable, maybe it could turn into one of those Cop flashlights that are heavy and you could beat someone with! 

just me? ok

And an addition, probably when a cop zombie drops a loot bag we could get a chance for a flashlight in.

Man, he won`t be happy if you beat em with its own equipment. 

Normally I replace my starter torch with a flashlight the moment I get one. As the flashlight is far better, other then the fact that it cannot be placed on a wall. As a result I would love for the option to drop the flashlight as a item instead of a bag and for it to stay on in the world until you pick it back up. So it will act like a placeable light source that cannot be placed on a wall. Grant it I doubt this will ever get added as what would stop someone from dropping a whole inventory of flash lights on the ground and crashing their game as well as anyone near in multiplayer.

5 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

@madmole

is there anything that you can tell us about the intellect range weapons? or is that still up in the air?

I'm hoping for a robotic air rifle that uses junk ammo or iron darts that acts similar to the junk turret but cannot be deployed and with smaller mag size.

Archived