Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Forget the dancing if you can hit the cop again while he is down and make him fly further then you just invented the sport of Copball. Just need a set of goals and another player. Who ever gets the cop to go boom on the other players side gets a point.

HELLO:

can we get an answer to why AP ammo hasnt been fixed yet? Its completely broke. Many people have reported the issue but for some reason it seems to be at the bottom of list to fix.  AP ammo broke is a game breaking bug for PVP servers and anyone using it on PVE servers are having  the same thing.

IT makes no sense why things like this keep getting brushed aside when other less important things get pushed ahead.

All Testing done against Steel Armor 13 dmg with + 2 banded armor Total 76 armor value
at 1 blockk range, Difficulty is Survivalist
with level 1 characters with no perks or stats

7.62 AK no mods, base dmg of 55 

Chest
7.62     13dmg
7.62 HP  18dmg
7.62 AP  13dmg

Headshot
7.62     25dmg
7.62 HP  36dmg
7.62 AP  25dmg

TLDR, AP ammo is the same as regular ammo, HP ammo is applying the bonus HP dmg with no penalties due to the issues with armor modifiers on bullets,.

1 hour ago, Grandpa Minion said:

HELLO:

can we get an answer to why AP ammo hasnt been fixed yet? Its completely broke. Many people have reported the issue but for some reason it seems to be at the bottom of list to fix.  AP ammo broke is a game breaking bug for PVP servers and anyone using it on PVE servers are having  the same thing.

IT makes no sense why things like this keep getting brushed aside when other less important things get pushed ahead.

All Testing done against Steel Armor 13 dmg with + 2 banded armor Total 76 armor value
at 1 blockk range, Difficulty is Survivalist
with level 1 characters with no perks or stats

7.62 AK no mods, base dmg of 55 

Chest
7.62     13dmg
7.62 HP  18dmg
7.62 AP  13dmg

Headshot
7.62     25dmg
7.62 HP  36dmg
7.62 AP  25dmg

TLDR, AP ammo is the same as regular ammo, HP ammo is applying the bonus HP dmg with no penalties due to the issues with armor modifiers on bullets,.

Nice catch. Apparently what you say is true (after a quick look) and AP should give the most damage to armored enemies +the least to non armored, HP should cause the most damage to non armored + the least to armored and normal just do normal  minus armor rating.

This is bugged since first implementation as there haven't been any significant changes to it.

37 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Nice catch. Apparently what you say is true (after a quick look) and AP should give the most damage to armored enemies +the least to non armored, HP should cause the most damage to non armored + the least to armored and normal just do normal  minus armor rating.

This is bugged since first implementation as there haven't been any significant changes to it.

i mean its the same cost as a normal bullet but it just goes through armor, HP rounds need more powder and tips, so it makes sense why it does as much damage as a normal round! but this just goes through armor

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

@madmole

is there anything that you can tell us about the intellect range weapons? or is that still up in the air?

Int having ranged weapons seems a bit overkill, I don't think they should have one. Though I guess I'd support an excuse to add tasers or flamethrowers. 

@madmole

now that we have 2 new store types, will this be expanded upon?

<placeholder name="cntStoreCratesRandomLootHelper">
        <block name="cntShippingCrateShamway" prob="1"/>
        <block name="cntShippingCrateShotgunMessiah" prob="1"/>
        <block name="cntShippingCrateWorkingStiffs" prob="1"/>
    </placeholder>

17 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i was thinking more of a Air rifle that shoots gun rounds but hey! 

I was thinking of a big gun that shoots guns. The contraption's motto could be "It's ok to put someone in 'arms' way".

I was thinking 2 spinning wheels and shards of metal feed into then to get accelerated to lethal speeds. Other route is a more traditional air rifle that your character not only loads a new round in after each shot but has to pump up the air tank.

1 minute ago, Danidas said:

Other route is a more traditional air rifle that your character not only loads a new round in after each shot but has to pump up the air tank.

That sorta makes sense, would put it on par with BB for reload speeds.

2 minutes ago, Danidas said:

I was thinking 2 spinning wheels and shards of metal feed into then to get accelerated to lethal speeds. Other route is a more traditional air rifle that your character not only loads a new round in after each shot but has to pump up the air tank.

i mean it could also be stuff like a Sawblade launcher!, A Shock rifle, flamethrower ETC but that may be a bit extreme! 

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

i mean it could also be stuff like a Sawblade launcher!, A Shock rifle, flamethrower ETC but that may be a bit extreme! 

I'm quite partial to Electromagnetic Rail Guns for the armor and multiple zombie penetration potential. 

47 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i was thinking more of a Air rifle that shoots Junk rounds (normal AP and shells) but hey thats just me

Sounds quite samey to other things, I don't think they should have any weapon that is conventional ranged wise, not like they can't use other tree's ranged weaponry

Archived