Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

14 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

If you only consider things that make stealth more difficult (or impossible to use) then yes, you're right.

But there are still more bugs in A19 that actually make stealth too easy in several situations.

When I'm criticizing how stealth works in A19 at least I try to be fair, I ask they fix both exploits that give advantages to us and loopholes that make stealth unusable.

Yeah, I just meant in general, cause you have someone talking about stealth having problems and then someone defending stealth, when the issues are about investing in "from the shadows" being irrelevant to stealth, but if you can not invest in stealth then it does not really matter heh.

Then comes the other issue about stealth being negated too often, which I agree with.  At least decrease the detection range of zombies during the day if I invest in sneaking and am in sneak mode lel. 

But yeah you seem to be more on point about it and seem more invested in stealth than I am.  I am just a guy helping out that does not really care about stealth, lel. 

56 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

For sure. The stun baton may be a little harder to find but it's damn powerful when specced into.

You think so? I wasn't that impressed with it, honestly. Granted, I never remembered to use the candy that gives it an AoE; my opinion could well change next time I try a baton build. In my Int run through experimental A19, I felt like it was only adequate. It was a little safer than knives or fists, but also much slower, which is its own kind of risk. It's still plenty usable, I just didn't find it all that strong compared to other melee weapons except spears. Did you use any particular tactics?

Also, I got really sick of the zapping particles and sound effect. Too much cartoony screen blowout on the former, and the sound overpowers everything else. I wish I could try it with 50% of the brightness/number of electrical arcs, and maybe a 25% decrease in volume on the sound.  

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

The pistols, especially the Desert Vulture, are so good I don't see why you think you are forced to use aspects of another build.

... And for those who are bows and blades?

Side note, why do you just keep rephrasing "You're playing it wrong." in so many of your replies to this issue?

Fingers crossed for either a fix or a universal attribute suppressor aura special infected. 

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

... And for those who are bows and blades?

Side note, why do you just keep rephrasing "You're playing it wrong." in so many of your replies to this issue?

Fingers crossed for either a fix or a universal attribute suppressor aura special infected. 

I'm actually doing a blades and bow run right now, my only complaint as it stands is the normal attack of the hunting knife feels to low for being and upgrade from the bone shiv, i know its being looked at if anything, once i get a machete everything will be amazing, and the bow is always fun, pop off a shot at a sleeper for sneak damage, switch to the blade and pop goes their heads, lol, pistols are included in my loadout just in case, so full agility for me, im selling all other guns and ammo right now for an even harder gameplay experience

11 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I'm actually doing a blades and bow run right now, my only complaint as it stands is the normal attack of the hunting knife feels to low for being and upgrade from the bone shiv, i know its being looked at if anything, once i get a machete everything will be amazing, and the bow is always fun, pop off a shot at a sleeper for sneak damage, switch to the blade and pop goes their heads, lol, pistols are included in my loadout just in case, so full agility for me, im selling all other guns and ammo right now for an even harder gameplay experience

actually, I wish they made a combat knife as an upgrade to the hunting knife. I dont like the animations of the machete. just feels off to me. more like a sabre than a machete. and yes, I know the feel of both, used both before for many years

15 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

If you have space to move, knives work beautifully against zombies. Stab, either power attack or normal, and then side step while backpedaling. If against a single zombie a sprinting power attack to the head does wonders. Against hostile wildlife.... Not so much.

3 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

actually, I wish they made a combat knife as an upgrade to the hunting knife. I dont like the animations of the machete. just feels off to me. more like a sabre than a machete. and yes, I know the feel of both, used both before for many years

i can agree with that, i personally think the shiv and hunting knife should get bonuses only from huntsman and combat knife paired with  the machete or instead of a combat knife it could be machete then like a sword of some kind get bonuses from deep cut, but i noticed with the melee weapons with the exception of the stun baton they like to keep them in 3s, so if it was implemented i would do shiv, hunting, combat in the huntsman, then makeshift machete, machete, broadsword for deep cuts, lol

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

If you have space to move, knives work beautifully against zombies. Stab, either power attack or normal, and then side step while backpedaling. If against a single zombie a sprinting power attack to the head does wonders. Against hostile wildlife.... Not so much.

i hear that, but it is rather fun none the less

40 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

shiv or knife + ergonomic grip + weighted head mod = quick kills even on a dire wolf, maybe 5 quick hits to the head. other than the durability mods, not much else stacks with them.

Just now, wolfbain5 said:

shiv or knife + ergonomic grip + weighted head mod = quick kills even on a dire wolf, maybe 5 quick hits to the head. other than the durability mods, not much else stacks with them.

Still looking for the schematic and haven't had ergos drop yet. The steel for them won't be an issue when/if I find the schematic, lucked out and found a crucible in Hugh's forge. To be fair, dire wolves have nothing on mountain lions (They seem to soak as much as bears and hit just as hard along with being faster and their pounce. Watching them tear up lumberjack zombies is fun). Those kitties hurt allot if you let get them too close.

1 hour ago, wolfbain5 said:

Combat knife as T3 knife maybe

To my understanding, bone shiv is primitive, machete is T2

Archived