Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Don't know about you guys but the latest posts I have seen the graphics in the background of some of the pictures and the graphics shown with the frozen grocery thingy are some of the best types of graphics I have seen the only thing I can say about the graphics is is the trees even in ultra quality and when your like let's say 200 metres away and 50 metres high they look like they are kinda painted in and they look really low res just wanna know if this will be different in a19 thanks guys

Mr. Mole,

Defending my Base on Bloodmoon made me realize a Gameplay flaw:

Would it possible to implement the ability to lean in a certain direction?

Sideways and Forward like many FPS Games have it?

If you have a Block in Front of you that is not a sheet, lets say on a wall, you have no means to shoot the Mean guy that hammers on your wall.

here is your answer:

here is your answer:

Yes, a similar Solution came into my mind too.

But: I dont like to be forced to go a certain build-type because game mechanics are limited. Hence i asked Mr Mole for ways to improve the agility of the Players movement with Leaning.

Not only would it help with Defending Bloodmoons, but also in Stealh Gameplay while raiding Prefabs.

A bug is something that isn't supposed to happen. An error. Something gone wrong.

Let's say I build a simple tower with a ramp and a moat. The zombie's AI is made to calculate the easiest way to the player, so then they try to jump the ramp to get me, but fall in the moat. Then in the moat, the AI tells them again that the easiest way to get the player is to go around and jump the ramp, so they try to jump the ramp and fall again. Repeat.

Would you say this is a bug? I'd say it isn't, because the AI is doing exactly what it's programmed to do, and the player isn't trying to break the AI using exploits either, it's just a simple ramp and a moat.

It obviously is a bug. Intentions do not matter. Goal is for zombies to have a way to threaten the player. If they dont, its not working as intended. You decorate it and parfume it however you want, but turd will still stink.

I can't wait either personally. I would love it if traders allowed you to select what tier of quest you wanted to tackle, with 3-5 quests for each tier available every given day as you progressed through the tiers of quests (ie 1-5). Of course though, this would just open the door for players to farm T1 quests until they unlocked tier 5 quests, thus a system would have to be put in place where only the direct predecessor quests could unlock the next tier. (Assuming this system could be, and would be, brought to the game, of course. I love questing, but going to the trader once they unlock T5 quests and expecting 4-5 T5 quests every time can get a bit... monotonous? Is that the right word?)

I believe so yes....I am sure the new quest lines will have more POIs to choose from as well. The current T5 have just so few POIs, and you quickly get over them.

Now, during the game, I constantly encounter the same problem. As I study the map, I note many deposits of resources as well as interesting locations that should be visited in the future.

And since I have disabled respawn loot, I also still note buildings that I have already searched.

And that causes problems ...

Problems with displaying labels on the compass and managing labels on the map:

- quick mark is not shown on top of other marks;

- the airdrop tag is not shown on top of the remaining tags;

- the active tag is not shown on top of the remaining tags;

- label management on the map is extremely inconvenient! When choosing a tag on the map to delete it, I have to play a mini-game by moving the cursor to the delete button without touching any other tag =) Selecting a tag in the list does not solve the problem, since I have a lot of resource tags with the same names (coal, nitrate, etc.)

It would be nice if:

- a quick label (red flag) is displayed on top of the rest of the labels;

- the active mark (mark on the map, task mark) is displayed on top of all marks, but not on top of the quick mark

- add a button to delete the label on the keyboard (DEL), so that it would not be necessary to move the cursor to the button in the interface, avoiding other labels.

- Filter labels. Add the ability to choose which tags to show on the map and on the compass (multiple choice by tag icon and by type: treasures, tasks, and more.)

I would like to know if this problem is given at least a little attention in 19 Alpha.

Thanks.

Now, during the game, I constantly encounter the same problem. As I study the map, I note many deposits of resources as well as interesting locations that should be visited in the future.

And since I have disabled respawn loot, I also still note buildings that I have already searched.

- label management on the map is extremely inconvenient! When choosing a tag on the map to delete it, I have to play a mini-game by moving the cursor to the delete button without touching any other tag =) Selecting a tag in the list does not solve the problem, since I have a lot of resource tags with the same names (coal, nitrate, etc.)

It would be nice if:

- the active mark (mark on the map, task mark) is displayed on top of all marks, but not on top of the quick mark

- add a button to delete the label on the keyboard (DEL), so that it would not be necessary to move the cursor to the button in the interface, avoiding other labels.

- Filter labels. Add the ability to choose which tags to show on the map and on the compass (multiple choice by tag icon and by type: treasures, tasks, and more.)

I would like to know if this problem is given at least a little attention in 19 Alpha.

Thanks.

Haha, had that same Problem today to. Maybe a Priority List internal would be good, Quest Targets over normal ones for example

It would be nice if:

Thanks.

I agree with ALL of that, plus, I should add that if you make A LOT of map markers you may encounter a bug in which many of the markers dissapear altogether when getting not far away enough or even moving your head left and right by a little without taking into account creation priority nor getting dimmer or anything at all. They just pop in and out with no apparent order.

Doesn't matter what I say, cause its only my personal opinion. soo....

Madmole, whats more important?

zombie looks or gameplay?

That is totally a subjective question. They both compliment each other but at the end of the day an ugly game with great gameplay will outsell a pretty game with poor game play. A pretty game with great gameplay will do amazing.

I think good graphics will get more impulse buyers, good game play will get them hooked and tell their friends about it.

GOOD DAY SIR! I AM A VERY DEVOTED PLAYER OF 7 DAYS TO DIE.I MUST SAY I LOVE THIS GAME! IT IS GREAT.COULD I ASK YOU ABOUT SOLVING THE ISSUES WITH WORLD PROGRESSION WHEN A NEW ALPHA COMES OUT(I.E A WORLD SHOULDN'T BE DELETED WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD THE NEW APHA).:05.18-flustered:I AM ASKING FOR THIS BECAUSE ME AND MY FRIENDS WERE PLAYING ON A WORLD SO MUCH.WE ARE ON DAY 700 DAY TIME 24 HOURS 2 HOURS REAL TIME.I AM SURE OTHER PLAYERS WANT THE SAME THING.HAVE A NICE DAY.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. NEW ALPHAS ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED AT DAY 1 WITH A NEW CHARACTER.

If you like your game so much, turn off auto updates until you feel you are done with A18, and then update to 19 knowing you will need to start a new character.

MM......... I know it isn’t on the first page but is there going to be any changes/fixes to the dynamic music system for A19 or is that work coming later?

There has been significant work to DMS. I don't know the details so I haven't added it. I do know every trader has their own music and that players have music in their fort now if the threat level is low. No that doesn't mean music is a giveaway to incoming zeds, but if you run into your base surrounded by zombies its not going to play the player base theme.

There has been significant work to DMS. I don't know the details so I haven't added it. I do know every trader has their own music and that players have music in their fort now if the threat level is low. No that doesn't mean music is a giveaway to incoming zeds, but if you run into your base surrounded by zombies its not going to play the player base theme.

Just curious, when will the game decide that your current base can be counted just as that, your base, and thus begins to play this music?

I heard that the combat music is in and working , that alone can be a real gem once polished.

So ... Madmole . You sir look like a nice guy and a gentleman with a talent for some short videos. Unofficial awesome videos. When will we be worthy of some of those? Are we there yet?

Don't know about you guys but the latest posts I have seen the graphics in the background of some of the pictures and the graphics shown with the frozen grocery thingy are some of the best types of graphics I have seen the only thing I can say about the graphics is is the trees even in ultra quality and when your like let's say 200 metres away and 50 metres high they look like they are kinda painted in and they look really low res just wanna know if this will be different in a19 thanks guys

The backgrounds of those images are NOT in game graphics. They are photos. You will not see that in game. Only the item (frozen food case in this example) is what you will see in the game.

I heard that the combat music is in and working , that alone can be a real gem once polished.

So ... Madmole . You sir look like a nice guy and a gentleman with a talent for some short videos. Unofficial awesome videos. When will we be worthy of some of those? Are we there yet?

I also think Madmole does awesome videos....*Cough* ....lol

Mr. Mole, i love you.

Goddamn, that feature is one of the unsung Heroes of A18 and im so exited to see it expanded in A19!

To Madmole and The Fun Pimp Team … Looking forward to _ A19 with over 4600 hours in the game as of today (started playing at A15) and being one of my favorite games.

Been playing Vanilla and Modded version ..

But could I ask a favor .. IS there a chance that we could get some more Textures with colors and maybe new metal roof as .. A Dark Red Metal Roof.

But just wanted to wish you all the best and Be Well …Thank you for a Great Game ... the Old Gamer .. :tranquillity:

To Madmole and The Fun Pimp Team … Looking forward to _ A19 with over 4600 hours in the game as of today (started playing at A15) and being one of my favorite games.

Been playing Vanilla and Modded version ..

But could I ask a favor .. IS there a chance that we could get some more colors and A Dark Red Metal Roof.

But just wanted to wish you all the best and Be Well …Thank you for a Great Game ... the Old Gamer .. :tranquillity:

A new metal roof is what you're asking for right? I believe you can paint any block already, unless you can't paint them colors (i.e red, green, blau). IF this is the case I'd love to see a new dark red metal roof and colors!

Fair enough.

Has there been any news on performance improvements in A19 to counterbalance the performance degradation that has been steadily creeping in over the course of the last few alphas?

Many people are finding that they can no longer play the game without crippling framerate reductions even on the lowest graphics settings.

Fair enough.

Has there been any news on performance improvements in A19 to counterbalance the performance degradation that has been steadily creeping in over the course of the last few alphas?

Many people are finding that they can no longer play the game without crippling framerate reductions even on the lowest graphics settings.

Whaaa????

A18 runs much better than A16 and much much much better than A17.

Archived