Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Therefore, how can you say zombie looks aren't as important if the devs are literally working on exactly that for the next update?

Doesn't matter what I say, cause its only my personal opinion. soo....

Madmole, whats more important?

zombie looks or gameplay?

Just interjecting myself into this conversation here, but I typically play on Nomad (eventually upgrading the difficulty to Warrior and then Insane later on), 16-24 enemy BM count, no loot respawn, no airdrops (as of my last world, and I'm continue that trend), and in the next world that I'll be starting today, I won't be buying any canned food or drinks from vending machines aside from dog food. I also usually play on 90 minute days, but in the next world (again, starting today) I'll be going down to 60 minute days. I typically start off with a double-thick walled 9x9 or 11x11 tower, 5 to 9 blocks high, and I either expand off of that or abandon it for a more permanent base starting by around say 28.

The new arts and graphics and designs looks awesome. TFP is once again preparing a awesome release for us in A19 . Also another step closer to end-game with the trader quests. Looking through those new pics on the first page, really got me excited for the new build, and I think it's time to start calling for the Kraken.

I can't wait either personally. I would love it if traders allowed you to select what tier of quest you wanted to tackle, with 3-5 quests for each tier available every given day as you progressed through the tiers of quests (ie 1-5). Of course though, this would just open the door for players to farm T1 quests until they unlocked tier 5 quests, thus a system would have to be put in place where only the direct predecessor quests could unlock the next tier. (Assuming this system could be, and would be, brought to the game, of course. I love questing, but going to the trader once they unlock T5 quests and expecting 4-5 T5 quests every time can get a bit... monotonous? Is that the right word?)

is it to much to ask for both?

personally i think that there should be some special zombies that have more roles can could replace some meeeh zombies like the football player and cheerleader.

like maybe a "infector" that can revive dead zombies and if it bites you it can cause a superinfection...

a Brute that is a almost 2000 pounds of Pure Fat and is slighy larger then a normal zombie "almost as big as a Biker" and would try to wreck buildings and cars and his roars would lure more

a feeder that was formed due to people eating or drinking infected meat or water. they have a super fast metabolism that causes them to heal faster, they always run, and can only die by a head shot or breaking the skull, but has low HP around 90

a Toxic zombie that looks fat but inside its hollow with GAS and fumes that with poor out and lure more zombies and it smells so bad that you lose stamina and food and water, and if they die they pop and make a large gas cloud that makes zombies Sense you no matter what and will damage you.

zombies are part of gameplay!

This is what the pimp dreams thread is for .....ideas. This thread is supposed to be specifically for a19 commentary.

00% of this has been talked about for years upon years.

Invest your time in learning and making mods, instead of non stop posting here.

Doesn't matter what I say, cause its only my personal opinion. soo....

Madmole, whats more important?

zombie looks or gameplay?

Why even bother debate something if you're just gonna brush off everything that the other person sa... ?

Ohhh wait, the new forums didn't save the blocked users list. Now I get it. :wink-new:

I can't recall if it was tried before and didn't work but some way to randomize the clothing would go a long way. To me (my opinion :) ) Walking dead peoples bodies would all start to look pretty friggin' similar after rotting for a long time. The only thing I think you would notice is their different clothing.

I can't recall if it was tried before and didn't work but some way to randomize the clothing would go a long way. To me (my opinion :) ) Walking dead peoples bodies would all start to look pretty friggin' similar after rotting for a long time. The only thing I think you would notice is their different clothing.

agreed. thats why i like Moe so much (the first new zombie model) cuz the cloths look "plain" unlike the old model that has a blue pair of pants and a white shirt, the new one has a kinda ripped black shirt and simi grey pants. thats kinda why i hope they make alot of zombies have very Plain colors (black , grey , white, or brown) rather then some zombies like joe who has a blue shirt. And don't get me started about the Cheerleader!

but from what i see with the new models, they look good IMO

UMA zombies, they were too heavy on system resources.

I've heard this statementmade before.

What is UMA?

Why is this "fact" such a given?

Is there a solution other than UMA?

Unity Multipurpose Avatar. Basically, they added the main player's model as a zombie NPC and "borrowed" the character creation system to randomize the look of each of them.

They looked bad and out of place, and also were very buggy, so they were cut from the game.

GOOD DAY SIR! I AM A VERY DEVOTED PLAYER OF 7 DAYS TO DIE.I MUST SAY I LOVE THIS GAME! IT IS GREAT.COULD I ASK YOU ABOUT SOLVING THE ISSUES WITH WORLD PROGRESSION WHEN A NEW ALPHA COMES OUT(I.E A WORLD SHOULDN'T BE DELETED WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD THE NEW APHA).:05.18-flustered:I AM ASKING FOR THIS BECAUSE ME AND MY FRIENDS WERE PLAYING ON A WORLD SO MUCH.WE ARE ON DAY 700 DAY TIME 24 HOURS 2 HOURS REAL TIME.I AM SURE OTHER PLAYERS WANT THE SAME THING.HAVE A NICE DAY.

GOOD DAY SIR! I AM A VERY DEVOTED PLAYER OF 7 DAYS TO DIE.I MUST SAY I LOVE THIS GAME! IT IS GREAT.COULD I ASK YOU ABOUT SOLVING THE ISSUES WITH WORLD PROGRESSION WHEN A NEW ALPHA COMES OUT(I.E A WORLD SHOULDN'T BE DELETED WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD THE NEW APHA).:05.18-flustered:I AM ASKING FOR THIS BECAUSE ME AND MY FRIENDS WERE PLAYING ON A WORLD SO MUCH.WE ARE ON DAY 700 DAY TIME 24 HOURS 2 HOURS REAL TIME.I AM SURE OTHER PLAYERS WANT THE SAME THING.HAVE A NICE DAY.

Firstly, dont use Capslock. Thats like screaming in a Walmart naked while on Crack.

To your request: There might come a day where a Patch doesnt require a new Savegame, but not anytime soon i presume, as they change often Framework Stuff or do work on the Worldgenerator itself.

You can play your savegame anytime tho. Just go to the Beta-Section of 7 Days Property in your Steam Listing and change the Version to A18.4 when A19 drops ( wich might take a while anyway)

Cheers

MM......... I know it isn’t on the first page but is there going to be any changes/fixes to the dynamic music system for A19 or is that work coming later?

Only new Stuff gets listed there. As with every patch, i expect the Notes to be several pages long as soon as it will drop.

Since the dynamic Music System was so well liked and MM too was fond of it, i really doubt no further work was/will done to this feature

Only new Stuff gets listed there. As with every patch, i expect the Notes to be several pages long as soon as it will drop.

Since the dynamic Music System was so well liked and MM too was fond of it, i really doubt no further work was/will done to this feature

i think in the Alpha 18 dev diary Mm said something like they May Make it so different music may play during the night. but i may be wrong

Firstly, dont use Capslock. Thats like screaming in a Walmart naked while on Crack.

To your request: There might come a day where a Patch doesnt require a new Savegame, but not anytime soon i presume, as they change often Framework Stuff or do work on the Worldgenerator itself.

You can play your savegame anytime tho. Just go to the Beta-Section of 7 Days Property in your Steam Listing and change the Version to A18.4 when A19 drops ( wich might take a while anyway)

Cheers

*Or copy your world folders into a separate file, both as a back-up and so that you can go back to that world if you roll back to a previous alpha.

MM......... I know it isn’t on the first page but is there going to be any changes/fixes to the dynamic music system for A19 or is that work coming later?

There have been improvements. That's all I'll say until Madmole elaborates but you'll hear a difference between A18 and A19. :)

Mr. Mole,

Defending my Base on Bloodmoon made me realize a Gameplay flaw:

Would it possible to implement the ability to lean in a certain direction?

Sideways and Forward like many FPS Games have it?

If you have a Block in Front of you that is not a sheet, lets say on a wall, you have no means to shoot the Mean guy that hammers on your wall.

Take one to land one. Seriously though, I don't know its never ever been discussed so probably not.

I respect your opinion but there just isn't any reason to do polls, we are confident with our designs as you guys don't have enough information to think, and don't know the full picture and each version is always missing critical ingredients to the recipe so while you might hate or dislike a current thing, it often is just an interim step towards the bigger picture which we are sure will be better received. It would be like casting a vote without knowing anything about the candidates. For all you know we are focus testing the engineer zombies for a build, and that will be used for bandit raids later and zeds will have dumb ai. The plan is that special infected might not even be zombies, but heavily radiated humans so radiated zombies do not want to eat them. Noone knows for sure but they are violent psychopaths that have some form of intelligence yet.

A lot of people hated alpha 17, it wasn't that bad, it was just missing proper books and schematics. Fundamentally 18 is the same, but without that one hook 17 was not liked. Obviously too many zombies use the engineer ai right now, but as we get closer to gold it will all feel better. Like with 17 I was super excited about the capabilities. To me you hand me a paint brush and a canvas I'm having a blast, where a lot of people are too short sighted to see what isn't right in front of them. I saw potential and turned it into a masterpiece that has outsold every other version of the game, just like I see the AI as nothing but pure potential right now. So that might be the shocking difference, I know where we're going with all this cool tech, you judge it as it is. Just like our first new version of rwg... just wait. We now have full random biomes, no duplicate pois in the same area, and adjustable biome percentage so you could roll a map with 90% forest if you wanted. I'm not saying that feature is available to users, I'm saying the tech exists now.

I get it though, for all you know the AI is done. The last of the old AI you liked was like 16 alphas. It was the most polished version of some rudimentary stuff with 16 iterations. You've only seen 2 iterations of faatal AI, so be patient.

Thank you for not bashing me because of some preferences! I totally enjoyed your reply, you had every right to just ignore me or be toxic towards me since I know that the AI topic was brought up many times. Can't wait to see what you guys will add to the game! ;)

I don't know what you're guys talking about, but when it comes to quality, this single picture is enough of a proof for me that this game finally starts to look like a modern zombie game with that super unique feature of destructible world. Sure, it looked good before and I loved this game even when it was all blocky like Minecraft, I even miss that look sometimes, but now it's getting that modern AAA "Dying Light" like look that will sell millions of copies and I mean this with no irony whatsoever.

w0bOpid.jpg

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived