Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Well it's not like the skill tree is a moving unit so if you have any planification going on you really don't need any spare points "in case of". At least not a dozen of them that's for sure.

It had nothing to do with planning it had to do with waiting for the level gate and “dozens” was almost certainly an exaggeration. His point was that there are no longer any level gates you might need to wait for in order to spend your points.

Can’t we all just agree to be glad the level gates are gone rather than straining at hyperbole?

(For those of you who liked the level gates this is your cue to come in full of outrage that you’re being forced into a gameplay style not of your choosing...)

It had nothing to do with planning it had to do with waiting for the level gate and “dozens” was almost certainly an exaggeration. His point was that there are no longer any level gates you might need to wait for in order to spend your points.

Can’t we all just agree to be glad the level gates are gone rather than straining at hyperbole?

NO! Must...complain/strain at hyperboles.... ;)

Cheers

NO! Must...complain/strain at hyperboles.... ;)

Cheers

I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE YELLING ABOUT!!

Seriously though, I’m pumped to spend my points more frequently. I tend to spend 3-5 at a time after several nights of staring at my options. But for my first A18 playthrough I’m going magnum build based on John Dorie from Fear the Walking Dead, so I know where my points are going when I get em!

Anyone else planning a different play style than usual?

holy hell lvl 60 ONLY on day 8? its day 62 and we are all lvl 80 ish and we feel like we are OVER POWERED.

this game is not ment to just power farm to end game and be done. otherwise i feel everyone would build a RWG world, play a week and quit/ restart. no fun in that! wheres your sense of adventure? the RUSH of being an idiot and only being lvl 15-20 on your first horde night LOL

Well, to be fair the quote you replied stated they have "200% experience" enabled, so obvisouly they'd level faster.

Yep. Want to try the Unarmed skill line. I'll probably still carry a 9 for small groups and dogs; and hope to get an M60 to keep my ammo supplies from stacking :)

I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE YELLING ABOUT!!

Seriously though, I’m pumped to spend my points more frequently. I tend to spend 3-5 at a time after several nights of staring at my options. But for my first A18 playthrough I’m going magnum build based on John Dorie from Fear the Walking Dead, so I know where my points are going when I get em!

I normally go INT, but wana go perception. it looks like that is more of your adventuring "class" since you have lucky looter and salvage ops. or do a perc/int hyrbid. salvage ops for parts to make vehicles etc. seems legit imo

- - - Updated - - -

OOOO @MM can we get a pretty list of the new perk list so we can drool and fantasize about our builds? *grabs scratch paper*

Yep. Want to try the Unarmed skill line. I'll probably still carry a 9 for small groups and dogs; and hope to get an M60 to keep my ammo supplies from stacking :)

I want to put 6 knuckles on my hotbar like Roland did with the blunderbuss 🤣

I have to say, I watched some footage of the new Alpha 18 and dear god does this game look easy. I am an advocate for bringing back gun parts but this has only made me want it more. There are guns and ammo everywhere! There's no threat anymore.

I believe he mentioned that loot was way too generous right now and subject to balance. Also we got rage zombos now.

And now I am leaving that game as I already spend 16 hrs on it .. and still cannot make Jeep. It we slow it further even with 60 minutes default setting, it means you can make jeep around 24/25 hrs of game play (considering you level 3 on default setting per day).. do we really think that is good play time.

There is no fixed time for you to get the jeep. Raid a book store, get lucky and you have the recipe on day 1. Raid a few workshops/gas stations and you might not even need the recipe if you find all parts of the jeep. Learning the perk and then crafting is just one of the options.

I have to say, I watched some footage of the new Alpha 18 and dear god does this game look easy. I am an advocate for bringing back gun parts but this has only made me want it more. There are guns and ammo everywhere! There's no threat anymore.

I don’t think that build had the glancing blow and rage zombie behavior in, so should be harder once we play it.

I agree with your sentiment though, I’m one of the few people who enjoyed how brutal A17 exp felt in early game. Night time felt dangerous, I struggled with longer fights with 4+ zeds. Many fearful nights spent listening to hordes sprint past the front door of my log cabin. On the other hand, it was not newbie friendly; the stamina costs, harvest rates, and backpedaling were rough IIRC.

I’m excited to see how the balancing efforts have affected the difficulty curve.

Yes I would love to sell you some furniture to.

What post was that Quantum Blue?

2 days ago responded to Trankitas drinking when A18 drops. I won't be drinking. Or Eating. Or sleeping. Or 'GuppyCurring'. And maybe not even working! (I tend to binge when a new Alpha drops... Seriously. Have done a few 20 hours days...)

Sorry madmole but if you ever had a dozen unspent perks you were playing the game wrong lol.

Theres no way to balance this without penalizing others, nerfed gas and such. Give a solution that does not effect those of us that dont use this tactic.

I think if it does not effect your game, like you dont run from hordes, i dont see why it matters to you. Let people play the way they want. That's my motto.

;) lol

A Counter diction, Nice going Roland!

Archived