Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I'm not super thrilled about slow leveling. But there is 2 upsides to it.

1 I can raise the exp %

2 lower gamestage for longer means you dont need as many levels. Now that's balance people!

I don't think we really need to slow levelling. I am playing Nazegame, and with 120 minutes time and 200% experience on day 8 I reach 60 level only. Now, I make it 100% exp. And now I am leaving that game as I already spend 16 hrs on it .. and still cannot make Jeep. It we slow it further even with 60 minutes default setting, it means you can make jeep around 24/25 hrs of game play (considering you level 3 on default setting per day).. do we really think that is good play time.

I definitely paid my dues, but I think it was worth it. I'm just glad people don't call me about their clogged toilets anymore lol. I sold about all my rental property now.

A few years ago I was checking out your old properties you were renting out. I always wondered if you stayed in the real estate business after making so much from 7d2d. Why check out your properties, i was extremely bored at 3am so I decided to look in to your career lol, and I was honestly interested in your backround in gaming. like how you got to the point of creating a game after Bethesda never got back to you regarding your application. You should write a book about your life man, regarding your career in the video game industry.

I lived a roller coaster of flying high and then living frugal in between game dev contracts. Mostly frugal living though making it as a game dev in the 90's and 2000 era was very hard, publishers had everything on lock down. I got into rentals and became a paper millionaire by 2012 or so, then the game took off. So I've lived on all ends of the spectrum. I'd never borrow money for anything though except maybe a house you can build equity with or real estate you can pay with other peoples money for a nice net profit. I did without a lot of things for years, like no cable tv, drove my old truck (that was well kept) etc.

I definitely paid my dues, but I think it was worth it. I'm just glad people don't call me about their clogged toilets anymore lol. I sold about all my rental property now.

Sounds like an interesting life indeed. And money only exists to be spent, hoarding it devalues it, if I'm getting that concept right.

Buy all the sofas you want my man, enjoy the perks of success, you are helping others to grow along the way.

And yeah, not going into debt to buy casual things was the best move I've made in my life. Not having debt is a game changer imo. more people should try it :)

I just spend way to much money on Guns and ammo...so I cant talk about peoples , furniture and car indulgences!

Just spent $2400 on a Barret 50 caliber on Sportsman guide...great deal on an awesome weapon!

I take it you have a problem with pests who drive vehicles? Or Dinosaurs?

I don't think we really need to slow levelling. I am playing Nazegame, and with 120 minutes time and 200% experience on day 8 I reach 60 level only. Now, I make it 100% exp. And now I am leaving that game as I already spend 16 hrs on it .. and still cannot make Jeep. It we slow it further even with 60 minutes default setting, it means you can make jeep around 24/25 hrs of game play (considering you level 3 on default setting per day).. do we really think that is good play time.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but the game isn't designed around having all the end game stuff after 16 hours. I understand it's not meant for everyone, but if you want to be level 60 after 1 bloodmoon horde, you're gonna have to mod your game and/or play with settings.

I'm just glad people don't call me about their clogged toilets anymore lol. I sold about all my rental property now.

I gotta ask, did you ever consider getting a management company? They take care of all that stuff for you for a relatively small fee. They can even save a little of your rent on the side for big problems that might arise.

Even on 1 property, being the landlord is a pain in the ass.

Now you gotta add a special weapon in game: Madmoles Plunger:biggrin-new:

How fast you level doesn't matter as long as you can achieve what you want with the given levels.

I also play with 120 minute days and I am satisfied if I have a bicycle in the first week. Since gasoline will be scarce in A18, you will only be able to use motorized vehicles on a larger scale if you have a chemistry station and a mine for oil shale. It is more important for me to be able to build up a self-sufficiency for food in the first two weeks.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but the game isn't designed around having all the end game stuff after 16 hours. I understand it's not meant for everyone, but if you want to be level 60 after 1 bloodmoon horde, you're gonna have to mod your game and/or play with settings.

I know, but consider a common person doing something else in his life. He usually play 1- 2hr a day, and that means in real life he complete one horde night usually in one week. So yes he get something to do due to end game stuff not been there, but making it slower doesn't make it good. I mean if there is no end game there is no content. I have to mod it anyways and try it differently.

Also, if leveling up is slowed is okay for me, if it doesn't mean I cannot build my Jeep in 7-10 days of game play. I love progress, I never put point in killing "Blow of furry" etc until I get reach level 40+ my first 40 points goes for making new things, steel, tools etc. Once I am set there then I worried about getting better in fight. And frankly I never need to upgrade my fight. as long as my defense is good and calculated.

- - - Updated - - -

Survival is more about how much you can defend, now how much you can fight.

Its better, trust me. Before I'd constantly have a dozen or so unspent perks, but most the time be blocked by a high level requirement to spend them, or feel like something something something was mandatory so that drove the need for more rapid level gains. Its much less restrictive and the pacing feels great now.

Sorry madmole but if you ever had a dozen unspent perks you were playing the game wrong lol.

I know, but consider a common person doing something else in his life. He usually play 1- 2hr a day, and that means in real life he complete one horde night usually in one week. So yes he get something to do due to end game stuff not been there, but making it slower doesn't make it good. I mean if there is no end game there is no content. I have to mod it anyways and try it differently.

Also, if leveling up is slowed is okay for me, if it doesn't mean I cannot build my Jeep in 7-10 days of game play. I love progress, I never put point in killing "Blow of furry" etc until I get reach level 40+ my first 40 points goes for making new things, steel, tools etc. Once I am set there then I worried about getting better in fight. And frankly I never need to upgrade my fight. as long as my defense is good and calculated.

- - - Updated - - -

Survival is more about how much you can defend, now how much you can fight.

Tell me about it, I have a full time job and 2 kids, I know how it feels to be able to play 1-2H tops a day :D

It doesn't have to do anything with it though. Nothing prevents you from playing 1H a day for 2 months and reach that day 60 where you SHOULD be at the very end game. It's mostly about you wanting to reach the end game fast, regardless of it takes you a day playing fulltime or a week playing 1.5 hr a day.

It's funny though how everyone enjoys the game in his own way. I usually like the very early game the most, where it's basic zeds vs crude weaponry. At some point it simply starts feeling like a power creep where you basically need to output more damage and resist better versus incoming damage, but with very little added "mechanic difficulty" (just like a hack & slash). A numbers game really. I really hope bandits will make me wanna go deep into the end game by bringing new threats to the table, cause right now the only thing that end game brings is bullet sponges with the exact same AI.

I like the new addition of the new weapons in the game more ways to kick some zombie jackasses

I' m not so interested in the new weapons. I don't even use all the weapons that exist in the game. Maybe I'll try one or the other weapon but the combination of crossbow and club has worked for me since A15. For emergencies I have a shotgun with me but I rarely use it.

What I would like to see are new traps. For example, a flamethrower trap or a turret that fires iron darts instead of ammo.

Sorry madmole but if you ever had a dozen unspent perks you were playing the game wrong lol.

It depends on how you play. For me, it was like go out and get stuff and kill as many zombies as i can. Next thing I know I got a lot of points.

Not a dozen mind you but several each night. Mostly depending on how many zombies I killed.

In the day, as soon as it was light out, I would be running, doing as much as I could. So that's how I did it.

I didn't even stop to do much else, like check my stats or spend points. That I did at night.

holy hell lvl 60 ONLY on day 8? its day 62 and we are all lvl 80 ish and we feel like we are OVER POWERED.

this game is not ment to just power farm to end game and be done. otherwise i feel everyone would build a RWG world, play a week and quit/ restart. no fun in that! wheres your sense of adventure? the RUSH of being an idiot and only being lvl 15-20 on your first horde night LOL

LOL, so true.

honestly having upspent points is good imo.

ever play a MMO or and RPG and be like DANG i wish i had points for this awesome perk i REALLY need.

saving perks is a normal thing for players that forsee end game and rather not rush into early game.

sure you can rush int and get stuff ASAP, but now you cant kill zombies. rush zombie killing points oh wait you have nothing good to kill them with.

those are just small examples. probably not the best ones, but they are.

honestly having upspent points is good imo.

ever play a MMO or and RPG and be like DANG i wish i had points for this awesome perk i REALLY need.

saving perks is a normal thing for players that forsee end game and rather not rush into early game.

sure you can rush int and get stuff ASAP, but now you cant kill zombies. rush zombie killing points oh wait you have nothing good to kill them with.

those are just small examples. probably not the best ones, but they are.

Well it's not like the skill tree is a moving unit so if you have any planification going on you really don't need any spare points "in case of". At least not a dozen of them that's for sure.

Yes, zombie can consume Juice now to get stronger.. so don't use much of juice in your backpack ..

Just kidding :)

I was talking about Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition for 7 days to die, you can choose juicy booties for female zombies. (I gave myself AIDS with this post, sorry)

- - - Updated - - -

Now you gotta add a special weapon in game: Madmoles Plunger:biggrin-new:

+1 this.

Archived