Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@MadMole I have tested the health regen from falling a certain distance it isn't fixed will it be fixed in a18?

Madmole always speaks in the present but he is always referring to the next Alpha because that is HIS present. It can be confusing but when he says “It is fixed” or “RWG is great” or “Gas is nerfed” etc. he means for A18 and not A17.

Madmole, I don't understand how can you be so chill when butthurts complain about you improving textures instead of fixing bugs and everything, when you said 100 times that it's your job to do that and that there are other people fixing bugs.

BTW, nice to hear the compound crossbow is coming in A18, I thought it will come way way later. Can't wait to see the model and animations. Daryl Dixon FTW!

By not reading.

There might not be a new model right away.

I'm not super thrilled about slow leveling. But there is 2 upsides to it.

1 I can raise the exp %

2 lower gamestage for longer means you dont need as many levels. Now that's balance people!

Its better, trust me. Before I'd constantly have a dozen or so unspent perks, but most the time be blocked by a high level requirement to spend them, or feel like something something something was mandatory so that drove the need for more rapid level gains. Its much less restrictive and the pacing feels great now.

Maybe giving the pistol some sort of bonus at very short range? It would then make the pistol a better weapon for room clearance than the assault rifle.

That is opposite of the design. If you want to clear a room get an AK or M60. If you want to conserve ammo supplies or use stealth, use a pistol. There is a book that ignores part of armor up close with pistols so it has some of what you describe possible.

Jeez man could u stop adding stuff and just release! (not asking for a release date)

Literally everyone is waiting in anticipation.

It will eventually fade out and ppl will stop caring. (as my friends have, sadly)

Bypassing a release date estimation and afterwards completely disregard the need and existance of it is a big deal for a player community. (you know, those overwhelming majority that come here to read and don't participate in the discussion)

There is more than enough stuff for an update (unless this is planned to leave alpha (at long ♥♥♥♥ing last)).

Sorry for the impoliteness

The community will profit from a good build, not a half baked turd. If anyone is a fan at all, they will come back, no matter how long it takes. Do you think I'm going to pass on Elder scrolls 6 even though its not coming until 2023?

That is opposite of the design. If you want to clear a room get an AK or M60. If you want to conserve ammo supplies or use stealth, use a pistol. There is a book that ignores part of armor up close with pistols so it has some of what you describe possible.

@MM any more updated books we can get a look at? I think the first post on this forum has around half of them with "????????" after them.

after you posted the pistols ignore armor book i'm SUPER excited cause i love to pistol whip some zeds in the face when they least expect it.

Your wrong. Sidewalks have been in the game at least as far back as Alpha 9.3

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DsIRrweUKp0/maxresdefault.jpg

But they do seem to stand out more in Alpha 18.

The old sidewalks were more of angled wedges with a copy of the grass texture to the block. Then we went to all marching cubes sidewalks for some reason, possibly for RWG to work, I don't recall. Now we have for the first time proper sidewalk blocks, with various cracked variants etc, and its not a mixed material grass/curb block.

@MM any more updated books we can get a look at? I think the first post on this forum has around half of them with "????????" after them.

after you posted the pistols ignore armor book i'm SUPER excited cause i love to pistol whip some zeds in the face when they least expect it.

Installing Geforce experience now, hopefully I can get recording working on the new pc and get some book videos out as soon as this weekend.

I would also like to point out that this when its said the game needs fps fixing, i think some people should try upgrading your PC.

As MM posted, and this being NOT a direct quote, but this game is not really meant for potato PC's.

A nice CPU upgrade for me and a instant 35 FPS increase was there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28846[/ATTACH]

Pic for reference

I would also like to point out that this when its said the game needs fps fixing, i think some people should try upgrading your PC.

As MM posted, and this being NOT a direct quote, but this game is not really meant for potato PC's.

A nice CPU upgrade for me and a instant 35 FPS increase was there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28846[/ATTACH]

Pic for reference

Making players upgrade their rigs is not part of the balance thing. ;)

well the problem is, i'm noticing and sorry for making assumptions, but they are playing on 5+ yr old rigs.

in the tech world, 3-4 and its out of date, 2-3 years could be upgraded 5+ get a new pc.

no hate what so ever on those older pc's, just advise to help out! but i bet A18 will help a lot of those older pc's catch up to newer tech.

you dont need 60+ fps just 30-45 ong ood settings and its good:)

Madmole, are there plans for A19 to deepen agriculture further? Could you add more things such as carrots, cabbage, squash, beets, cucumbers? Which can be used in alchemy recipes? add more variety in plants, more things like plants in their own biomes and more things to plant.

Plus: I bought the game when I had a gt9600 and it worked fine. Then around alpha 7 it didn't worked anymore, I had 5fps. So i bought another PC with a gtx950... I could play A17 only with medium/low settings. So I bought my new pc (a couple of weeks ago). What I mean with this is that they should not forget their hardcore fans with 4+ years playing the game. Not everyone can afford buying a new PC frequently. :)

Plus: I bought the game when I had a gt9600 and it worked fine. Then around alpha 7 it didn't worked anymore, I had 5fps. So i bought another PC with a gtx950... I could play A17 only with medium/low settings. So I bought my new pc (a couple of weeks ago). What I mean with this is that they should not forget their hardcore fans with 4+ years playing the game. Not everyone can afford buying a new PC frequently. :)

Evolution. Tech evolves, so the solutions and oportunities, to bring better product/service. Devs follow it fluently. Part of every long term development.

Madmole, are there plans for A19 to deepen agriculture further? Could you add more things such as carrots, cabbage, squash, beets, cucumbers? Which can be used in alchemy recipes? add more variety in plants, more things like plants in their own biomes and more things to plant.

Pumpkins. A horror game without pumpkins is like Coca Cola with no carbonation, spaghetti with no sauce, and Madmole with no muscles. It just isn't right!

this is a mention from your kickstarter will we ever be able to have livestock? just a quick question i know you can get it in mods but this was a mentioned feature on the fun pimps 7dtd features overview

- - - Updated - - -

another quick bug report when i was next to a door a zombie was able to morph through to me i was next to it also

How would that work with pistols?

3 semi autos and 3 revolvers?

Pistols really do need some love as its pointless to have them once you have AK or sniper.

Edit: Pistols have the SMG now, so it can somewhat compete with the Ak, and ammo is dirt cheap. 44 blows holes through stuff, so yeah it depends on play style tbh. Pistols can work in the shadows well too.

Pointless?

Both the AK-47 and the sniper rifle use rifle rounds which in turn use three times the power to make one bullet to three for a 9mm pistol.

Add to that the fact that without a chem station it takes twice as much nitrate and coal to make the same amount of power.

So in effect you can make three times as much ammo in the 9mm range than the rifle.

Also the AK goes through bullets like a fire-hose uses up water. While the sniper has a low rate of fire. So which weapon do you choose when you go into a POI?

The AK-47 would have you run out of ammo before you knew it while the sniper rifle, while powerful is too slow if you get swarmed, which happens often. Getting swarmed happens a lot and that's speaking from personal experience. :)

All guns make nose and your going to wake up everything in there but with the pistol or even the SMG is much better in close quarters than the AK or sniper.

well the problem is, i'm noticing and sorry for making assumptions, but they are playing on 5+ yr old rigs.

in the tech world, 3-4 and its out of date, 2-3 years could be upgraded 5+ get a new pc.

no hate what so ever on those older pc's, just advise to help out! but i bet A18 will help a lot of those older pc's catch up to newer tech.

you dont need 60+ fps just 30-45 ong ood settings and its good:)

not everyone can! And when this game came out this game was on the low end of requirements. I mean even consoles could handle it :D

And age doesn't really matter. Depending on what your pc was worth.

I built mine for ~800€ and it can still hold nearly every high end game on medium no problem.

Games like skyrim run even with graphic mods on highest.

But turning down trees and water in A17 was a jump from 16 to 34 fps!

You got another rig? Whadya get this time.

Processor: Intel® Core i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 65536MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

1 TB SSD, 2TB IDE.

Razer case, keyboard, mouse. Liquid cooled and all that neat stuff.

Archived