Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

another quick bug report when i was next to a door a zombie was able to morph through to me i was next to it also

There is a special thread for bug reports (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?118643-Alpha-17-4-Stable-bug-reporting-thread). It also tells you what information is important for a bug report.

For example a bug that the testers can't reproduce (because it happens only under specific circumstances or specific hardware you might not have mentioned) is relatively worthless.

Madmole, are there plans for A19 to deepen agriculture further? Could you add more things such as carrots, cabbage, squash, beets, cucumbers? Which can be used in alchemy recipes? add more variety in plants, more things like plants in their own biomes and more things to plant.

I'd want to properly utilize what we have now before adding more fluff.

this is a mention from your kickstarter will we ever be able to have livestock? just a quick question i know you can get it in mods but this was a mentioned feature on the fun pimps 7dtd features overview

- - - Updated - - -

another quick bug report when i was next to a door a zombie was able to morph through to me i was next to it also

Where does it mention livestock?

Processor: Intel® Core i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 65536MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

1 TB SSD, 2TB IDE.

Razer case, keyboard, mouse. Liquid cooled and all that neat stuff.

You joked one time long ago about air conditioned headphones... Well, I own some.

HP Omen Mindframe or something.

Food for thought. I don't understand the wizardry but there is a legitimate heat transfer good enough to allow condensation on the cool side. It's awesome.

That is opposite of the design. If you want to clear a room get an AK or M60. If you want to conserve ammo supplies or use stealth, use a pistol. There is a book that ignores part of armor up close with pistols so it has some of what you describe possible.

Fair enough if it's already balanced.

I meant _really_ close though. A pistol is easier to aim than an assault rifle in close combat.

For those moments you just have to go full-on John Wick :-)

this is a mention from your kickstarter will we ever be able to have livestock? just a quick question i know you can get it in mods but this was a mentioned feature on the fun pimps 7dtd features overview

- - - Updated - - -

They said livestock take a lot of performance and let you crash servers very esily due to high amounts of models.

not everyone can! And when this game came out this game was on the low end of requirements. I mean even consoles could handle it :D

And age doesn't really matter. Depending on what your pc was worth.

I built mine for ~800€ and it can still hold nearly every high end game on medium no problem.

Games like skyrim run even with graphic mods on highest.

But turning down trees and water in A17 was a jump from 16 to 34 fps!

I guess i cant compare. Med settings are not way near what im looking for. its either oyu play for FPS, play for graphics, or both. I want both

You joked one time long ago about air conditioned headphones... Well, I own some.

Food for thought. I don't understand the wizardry but there is a legitimate heat transfer good enough to allow condensation on the cool side. It's awesome.

Air conditioned headphones! What in tarnation is that sorcery? lol :strawberry: Sounds nice to have.

Processor: Intel® Core i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 65536MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

1 TB SSD, 2TB IDE.

Razer case, keyboard, mouse. Liquid cooled and all that neat stuff.

Nice! literalyl same settup but with ryzen 3700x and logitech accessories. makes the game 50-60 fps max everything!

Pointless?

[edit]

Also the AK goes through bullets like a fire-hose uses up water. While the sniper has a low rate of fire. So which weapon do you choose when you go into a POI?

The AK-47 would have you run out of ammo before you knew it while the sniper rifle, while powerful is too slow if you get swarmed, which happens often. Getting swarmed happens a lot and that's speaking from personal experience. :)

I use the AK with the "semi" mod makes it a basically a sniper with a massive magazine. Yeah, finger gets tired during a horde, but I do save ammo

all the new things in a18 are looking really good so far really impressed with the pimps

- - - Updated - - -

by the way in random gen are you keeping the amount of cities the same because i really like it but from what i have seen in your vid on alpha 18 random gen is more or lessly perfect

- - - Updated - - -

in fact maybe add a option for random gen to spawn less denser cities for lower end pcs to improve fps performance maybe

Who spends twelve grand on a sofa? Are you crazy???

I agree. now, a 40+ piece Love Sac Sactional is a totally different story. We can re-arrange a hundred different ways. They are awesome.

One section is now almost totally used for my gaining desk. So when A18 comes out, a can LIVE on it. (And you (not just YOU Silllllllllllly...) thought my earlier post was a joke...)

Cool, our house is big enough I can crank it up loud and typically not annoy anyone so I don't wear headphones except for recording. How do you like the ac ones?

Archived