Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Dont patronize me....I have been playing since A5-6 along with the other guys I play with....We have over 20k hours in game . Dont be condescending ...it makes you look like an ass.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read the first thing i wrote...I was at 95 and 91 %

so? eat more. taking damage does not make you hungry right away. you can overeat. so eat and heal. no problem :)

chop chop chop merry bloody x-mas, zombiehunters:pirate:

Dont patronize me....I have been playing since A5-6 along with the other guys I play with....We have over 20k hours in game . Dont be condescending ...it makes you look like an ass.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read the first thing i wrote...I was at 95 and 91 %

You said you miss food bars. I explained food bars are tied to your stamina bar. If you know this then you wouldn't be saying you miss the food bar.

I dont care if I look like an ass, and you proved my and others' point correct by saying "I am uber leet pro yo I've played for over 20,000 hours you noob" -- you're not welcoming to changes. i bet you ignored the tips I just gave along with what others just gave in response because that's not how it was in the old days, eh? Condensending is what you just said, "I have been playing since A5-6 along with the other guys I play with....We have over 20k hours in game"

Your HP bar is NOT the same as your stamina/food bar. You said "I was eating!" yet said "my hp went from 9 to 11 after using 10 bandages".

1. Bandages, as said in the tool tip for them, give exactly zero HP. they give MAX hp.

2. Food gives you HP. Even canned food gives you at least 5hp, 9 + 5 = 14, not 11.

The game has changed, so it's time to learn how it works now. It doesn't work like the last 20,000 hours you've played and it takes around 3-5 minutes to read the tutorials and such in your tips area (the marker icon in your Tab menu) and become knowledgeable again. Or don't, and come back here bitching about how bandages don't heal you and how first-aid bandages are level gated, when you can unlock them at level 1. And you said yourself you don't like how it took 2-3 headshots with a rifle to kill a zombie, so I suggested you lower the difficulty. There are perks that enable stronger headshots, but if you expect a one-shot without them then a lower difficulty will ease that annoyance. If being level 1 to craft med bandages is too much of a level-gate, use creative mode.

Again, no I don't care about looking like an ass, you complained about things that you were doing wrong according to the game's changes, and I am an aging former marine who is nice but doesn't put up with issues such as refusal to adapt to changes like this.

Why should I have to eat more food when i was already at 95 and 91...doesnt make sense....bandages should heal...not food. Exactly my point. I would also, rather have the food and drink bar back instead of flipping back and forth on character screens to see what my food and drink actually are.

I like the challenge and having to learn new aspects to survive but many of the changes take alot of the fun out of the game... I was never an underground builder.never built a 20 story moat around my base ...always made bases in city for the challenges it brought Never used traders to buy higher level items. I went out and survived and earned everything. The perks and leveling just muddy up the game and handcuff players. I thought it was supposed to be a game of choices? Choices that a player can make on his own..not being led by the game..thats what i dislike.

Regular bandages didn't add health in A16 either. Where did you get the idea they would or should in A17. One of my first perks every time is in healing so I naturally heal over time. Something A17 brought back that A16 had taken away from A15. You want the food bar back? You already have it. Food IS stamina. When you see the max stam bar go down, that IS your food level. having a water bar I agree on and I use a hud mod for it.

Why should I have to eat more food when i was already at 95 and 91...doesnt make sense....bandages should heal...not food. Exactly my point. I would also, rather have the food and drink bar back instead of flipping back and forth on character screens to see what my food and drink actually are.

You're wrong. Bandages stop bleedings. Like in A16 and real life. Bandages with red cross are magical bandages that stop bleedings + restore a part of your health. Like in A16. Food helps to regain health (blood lost, if you prefer). Like in A16 and real life. For me, it's just complaining for complaining.

Again, no I don't care about looking like an ass.

You just look like a player who knows how to adapt. Shame on you :)

Thanks. Be great if someone edited all the gates out of the XML and shared the source. I didn't look but I think there are gates for crafting some iron and steel items too

Here you go:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?95007-Qyzer-s-Xpath-Mods

"Qyzer_Remove_Perk_Level_Requirements"

-Been at it since A16 :-)

You should be looking here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?61-Mods

for that sort of thing.

Ouch, not intending this to be a pile on at all, though it will likely have you wanting to pull your hair a wee bit (I know I did) :)

The Aloe Cream itself does 'heal' back hitpoints. No idea if it worked this way in A16, always used MedBands' myself. but some nice perp, err, 'peep', pointed this out to me recently so figured I'd mention it.

Ouch, not intending this to be a pile on at all, though it will likely have you wanting to pull your hair a wee bit (I know I did) :)

The Aloe Cream itself does 'heal' back hitpoints. No idea if it worked this way in A16, always used MedBands' myself. but some nice perp, err, 'peep', pointed this out to me recently so figured I'd mention it.

I like the idea if we can use Aloe in Raw format to stop bleeding and gain some healing point, like Bandage (cloth one only) + 1-2 health point. Aloe if you pluck and apply anyways give good skin conditioning and work as onitment. But First Aid is indeed more effective way of using. Also, in desert cloth is not available too much, so having aloe as replacement only makes it balance.

Did they add the level requirements back to the stats? Did I miss that in the 240 update? They removed it, but the game shows B240 yet I can't make a forge until level 10

They removed the level requirements from attributes. The forge perk is not an attribute. Some non-attribute perks still have level gates.

So, I was doing a POI clear quest and was thinking. What happens if someone made a quest POI their base. Would accepting the quest overwrite it?

I placed my own sleeping bag too close and when I went to activate the exclamation mark I got a message that there was an active bedroll in the area and the quest could not begin until the bedroll was removed.

So....quest before the quest? :)

Stable version makes me laugh..this was just to fulfill the stable by Christmas pledge....Game has become a grindy aggravating mess. For example ..Health and Temp are still whacked....By tying everything to gates and levels the game has lost alot of the fun and excitement. ...I was level 10 and at 95 food and 91 drink...just fought several zombies and took a few shots...health lowered to 9...I had 10 regular bandages on me....I used all 10 and my health went to 11...Cmon...so now my health is tied to my using higher level bandages...which I cannot make because i dont have a point to put into medicine because I used them to raise my STR because I am trying to open up more slots because i dont have enough slots to carry anything that I loot.

I set up in the desert and I cant get myself cool...Keeps telling me i am overheated...i am running around naked because all the clothes i had on that are supposed to help...are doing ♥♥♥♥.

So many longtime players that I play with dont even want to play anymore..They are so disappointed with many of the changes. Even now it takes 2-3 direct headshots to take a zombie down with a hunting rifle. Close up shots go right through zombies again. Its a hot mess and slowly slipping to the back of the playlist. I think more people are leaving the game than joining. Its a shame....I think in order to extend the game play time...the perks and leveling was just a quick bandaid to satiate the long time players who were tired of hitting that brick wall when you got to a certain level in A16. This was not the direction I had in mind or all the people i have played with over the years,waiting all this time for A17 and this is the result..Disappointed to say the least. War of the Walkers had more content and balance than this...I hope the game gets back on track. Game just handcuffs the player too much and its aggravating and just not fun. Merry Christmas.

Ouch

Coughs * disappointed* Coughs

Looks like someone can't handle change. There's always a16.4 to go back to if you can't deal with a17.

I placed my own sleeping bag too close and when I went to activate the exclamation mark I got a message that there was an active bedroll in the area and the quest could not begin until the bedroll was removed.

So....quest before the quest? :)

Yesterday, I arrived in front of the POI indicated by my quest. My inventory was already full, so I had the absolutely great idea to put a safe next to the mailbox and fill it before activating the quest.

Brilliant.

In short, don't do that, especially when you have just found a beaker after 15 hours of play :)

Weather is definitely whack. 137' F is a pretty frikkin' hot desert, considering 136' is the hottest ever recorded. In 1922.

Yeah but it's the end of the f. world. Maybe because of global warming.

Weather is definitely whack. 137' F is a pretty frikkin' hot desert, considering 136' is the hottest ever recorded. In 1922.

Maybe it's nukuala warming or after effects from a fallout or something. ><

I work with Celsius here so sounds a bit feasible for harsh climates like mars or the sun haha.

Perhaps we on a Alien planet !???

Archived