Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Higher levels would give you a higher level number to look at occasionally, and it wouldn't hurt anything.

It will, your loot. All loot tables are scaled based on %% of max level. To get the best loot you need to be at lvl 300 (or 100% of max level possible). If you change that to 999, your loot will be like lvl 100.

Mwehehe. I stared a new game cause I was a bit annoyed by zombie bears crowding in the quest locations on day 40. I came to the trader on day 1 to finish "the tutorial" and there he was, waiting for me at the door - a gorram zombie bear :]

I snuck past him to finish the quest, but he heard me somehow inside anyways, and also somehow found the opened door. And also (somehow here would be highly improper since on day 1, 12.00 a.m. all I had was wooden bow) he ripped me a new one. Or five.

Lovely start.

Hmm... just started playing A17 for a few days... but what the hell is wrong with the stamina? Everything is so connected to it...

I can't do sh*t now because each swing I do against a stone takes 25 stamina away... is it because of infection nr 2?... because it isn't clear in the description of infection nr 2 what it does. And I need antibiotics for it to cure it, what I don't have...

You guys didn't want us to spam craft stuff or using items to gain skills with them. No, now I have to wait I don't know how long each time waiting for my staminabar to go up again... yeah that's more Fun...

I thought this game was supposed to be fun... A15 was... A16 was...

Hmm... just started playing A17 for a few days... but what the hell is wrong with the stamina? Everything is so connected to it...

I can't do sh*t now because each swing I do against a stone takes 25 stamina away... is it because of infection nr 2?... because it isn't clear in the description of infection nr 2 what it does. And I need antibiotics for it to cure it, what I don't have...

You guys didn't want us to spam craft stuff or using items to gain skills with them. No, now I have to wait I don't know how long each time waiting for my staminabar to go up again... yeah that's more Fun...

Infection seriously kills stamina, so yeah.

Man, why are level gates back in B240? Is there a way in the xml file to remove them again from the perk system?

Any thoughts on how to remove level gates on perks with the xml?

I put a bit of info here;

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?101167-How-do-I-mod-out-the-level-gate-for-intellect-s-crafting-based-skills-(Alpha-17)

If I'm wrong then that forum section is the best place to get a pro to answer you (I ain't no pro :) ).

Might as well just remove one more starting skill point and unlock those recipes since that first level is essentially a required perk (starve or take this; or so it feels).

I used to take this religiously in the first few builds until they made boiled eggs free. I haven't take it since then, and once you get your first supply drop you will have plenty of food.

Any thoughts on how to remove level gates on perks with the xml?

follow FileMachete link or:

<!-- Craftsmanship Perks (Intellect) -->

<perk name="perkHammerForge" parent="skillCraftsmanship" max_level="5" name_key="perkHammerForgeName" desc_key="perkHammerForgeDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_forge">

<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="4" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel04-10"/>

<requirement name="PlayerLevel" operation="GTE" value="10" desc_key="reqAttributeLevelDummy"/></level_requirements>

change 10 to 0

i think, it works this way. i did not try myself

Had awesome experience in b240. Day first met me with feral wolf, a black one. He was woofing a lot, but I was in a trader yard, just to finish first 8 step quest. We met and i killed him for food and safety reasons. On day 6 I start to get panic attack on how not to die on day 7 night. I expect everything and can`t wait.

Cheers guys, happy days of joy. And snow.

A17 is too. But you have to take the time to learn the new mechanisms. Improving your stamina requires skills, drinking regularly and being well fed. The bicycle comes early in game. There are drugs to run longer, mods to improve your speed when you wear armor, in short it is more complex and more rewarding when you have a character who gains power.

Wasn't there supposed to be a way to reload the XMLs and moddlets from within the game in A17 so we didn't have to keep restarting when tweaking things or did it get cut for later? I may have missed it but haven't seen anything on it fow awhile now and don't see any applicable commands in the console list.

follow FileMachete link or:

<!-- Craftsmanship Perks (Intellect) -->

<perk name="perkHammerForge" parent="skillCraftsmanship" max_level="5" name_key="perkHammerForgeName" desc_key="perkHammerForgeDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_forge">

<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="4" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel04-10"/>

<requirement name="PlayerLevel" operation="GTE" value="10" desc_key="reqAttributeLevelDummy"/></level_requirements>

change 10 to 0

i think, it works this way. i did not try myself

Thanks. Be great if someone edited all the gates out of the XML and shared the source. I didn't look but I think there are gates for crafting some iron and steel items too

Stable version makes me laugh..this was just to fulfill the stable by Christmas pledge....Game has become a grindy aggravating mess. For example ..Health and Temp are still whacked....By tying everything to gates and levels the game has lost alot of the fun and excitement. ...I was level 10 and at 95 food and 91 drink...just fought several zombies and took a few shots...health lowered to 9...I had 10 regular bandages on me....I used all 10 and my health went to 11...Cmon...so now my health is tied to my using higher level bandages...which I cannot make because i dont have a point to put into medicine because I used them to raise my STR because I am trying to open up more slots because i dont have enough slots to carry anything that I loot.

I set up in the desert and I cant get myself cool...Keeps telling me i am overheated...i am running around naked because all the clothes i had on that are supposed to help...are doing ♥♥♥♥.

So many longtime players that I play with dont even want to play anymore..They are so disappointed with many of the changes. Even now it takes 2-3 direct headshots to take a zombie down with a hunting rifle. Close up shots go right through zombies again. Its a hot mess and slowly slipping to the back of the playlist. I think more people are leaving the game than joining. Its a shame....I think in order to extend the game play time...the perks and leveling was just a quick bandaid to satiate the long time players who were tired of hitting that brick wall when you got to a certain level in A16. This was not the direction I had in mind or all the people i have played with over the years,waiting all this time for A17 and this is the result..Disappointed to say the least. War of the Walkers had more content and balance than this...I hope the game gets back on track. Game just handcuffs the player too much and its aggravating and just not fun. Merry Christmas.

Ouch

Coughs * disappointed* Coughs

?? I mean, the game wasn't meant to be A16 easy... I guess having everything by day 1 was fun and exciting for you but for most it wasn't. I don't think you read the tips or anything, bandages stop bleeding and restore max hp. There are literal mountains of food everywhere to be found which give you HP. Pain pills give you HP. Trader quests and stocks usually provide pain pills andor first-aid bandages. You can get past the "level gate" to craft those bandages rather quickly. I spawned recently in the desert, and a puffer coat + t-shirt and some shorts I found + a plant-fiber hat keep me cool in it. And I doubt you're playing on Nomad, you should lower it to that if you expect to one-shot everything. Nomad I think it takes 2 or 3 club hits to kill something.

And I guess the people you play with like easy mode, because the server lists are waay more populated than before, and the dozen+ people on my friends list who quit because A16 was a 2-hour sleep-fest on INsane difficulty have been playing again. If everything bothers you so much challenge wise, just use creative mode and give yourself a bunch of XP, and lower the difficulty.

Just checked, you can get the ability to craft med bandages at level 1.

Ouch, take a painkiller or eat a food for health, bandages only help recover max health. imho health and stamina/food system is ok. different from a16, but not worse in any means.

every clothing item has some cooling effect, so better wear them. check out, witch ones are better for desert. for better result put point or 2 in insulation perk.

i know Ouch, you are veteran player, try to adapt. game is cool and interesting and hard. i learn something nearly every day and a17 gets better every day for me.

Stable version makes me laugh..this was just to fulfill the stable by Christmas pledge....Game has become a grindy aggravating mess. For example ..Health and Temp are still whacked....By tying everything to gates and levels the game has lost alot of the fun and excitement. ...I was level 10 and at 95 food and 91 drink...just fought several zombies and took a few shots...health lowered to 9...I had 10 regular bandages on me....I used all 10 and my health went to 11...Cmon...so now my health is tied to my using higher level bandages...which I cannot make because i dont have a point to put into medicine because I used them to raise my STR because I am trying to open up more slots because i dont have enough slots to carry anything that I loot.

I set up in the desert and I cant get myself cool...Keeps telling me i am overheated...i am running around naked because all the clothes i had on that are supposed to help...are doing ♥♥♥♥.

So many longtime players that I play with dont even want to play anymore..They are so disappointed with many of the changes. Even now it takes 2-3 direct headshots to take a zombie down with a hunting rifle. Close up shots go right through zombies again. Its a hot mess and slowly slipping to the back of the playlist. I think more people are leaving the game than joining. Its a shame....I think in order to extend the game play time...the perks and leveling was just a quick bandaid to satiate the long time players who were tired of hitting that brick wall when you got to a certain level in A16. This was not the direction I had in mind or all the people i have played with over the years,waiting all this time for A17 and this is the result..Disappointed to say the least. War of the Walkers had more content and balance than this...I hope the game gets back on track. Game just handcuffs the player too much and its aggravating and just not fun. Merry Christmas.

Ouch

Coughs * disappointed* Coughs

Bandages only affect max health. You eat to heal current health.

Trying to get health with ordinary bandages only shows you don't know the game anymore. You have to read the manual just like a beginner. The point you received has nothing to do with bandages. Just the auto healing.

Yep. I've said this a few times, but the easy-mode of A16 has spoiled some people. Just like if he had read what things do and etc, he'd have noticed the perk to craft med bandges can be unlocked at level 1. And being naked = more damage from heat. I doubt he even crafted a plantfiber hat lol.

Wasn't there supposed to be a way to reload the XMLs and moddlets from within the game in A17 so we didn't have to keep restarting when tweaking things or did it get cut for later? I may have missed it but haven't seen anything on it fow awhile now and don't see any applicable commands in the console list.

I use the console command "xui reload" a lot when testing changes to my UI modlet... I don't know if that command will reload ALL modlets, but it does work for UI, so maybe?

Bandages only affect max health. You eat to heal current health.

Why should I have to eat more food when i was already at 95 and 91...doesnt make sense....bandages should heal...not food. Exactly my point. I would also, rather have the food and drink bar back instead of flipping back and forth on character screens to see what my food and drink actually are.

I like the challenge and having to learn new aspects to survive but many of the changes take alot of the fun out of the game... I was never an underground builder.never built a 20 story moat around my base ...always made bases in city for the challenges it brought Never used traders to buy higher level items. I went out and survived and earned everything. The perks and leveling just muddy up the game and handcuff players. I thought it was supposed to be a game of choices? Choices that a player can make on his own..not being led by the game..thats what i dislike.

i was eating too. I would rather have the food and drink bar back instead of flipping back and forth on character screens to see what my food and drink actually are.

if you were eating then your HP would have gone up by more than 1 point... and again, read. Your stamina bar is = to your food bar. If it is 75% blue and 25% black, your food bar is 75% with 25% missing. Youre flipping back and forth for no reasons other than being coddled by A16 lol. Thirst you should be drinking frequently while out and about, so it shouldnt be low. I dont let mine go below 95%, I try not to let it drop at all.

?? I mean, the game wasn't meant to be A16 easy... I guess having everything by day 1 was fun and exciting for you but for most it wasn't. I don't think you read the tips or anything, bandages stop bleeding and restore max hp. There are literal mountains of food everywhere to be found which give you HP. Pain pills give you HP. Trader quests and stocks usually provide pain pills andor first-aid bandages. You can get past the "level gate" to craft those bandages rather quickly. I spawned recently in the desert, and a puffer coat + t-shirt and some shorts I found + a plant-fiber hat keep me cool in it. And I doubt you're playing on Nomad, you should lower it to that if you expect to one-shot everything. Nomad I think it takes 2 or 3 club hits to kill something.

And I guess the people you play with like easy mode, because the server lists are waay more populated than before, and the dozen+ people on my friends list who quit because A16 was a 2-hour sleep-fest on INsane difficulty have been playing again. If everything bothers you so much challenge wise, just use creative mode and give yourself a bunch of XP, and lower the difficulty.

Just checked, you can get the ability to craft med bandages at level 1.

Dont patronize me....I have been playing since A5-6 along with the other guys I play with....We have over 20k hours in game . Dont be condescending ...it makes you look like an ass.

- - - Updated - - -

if you were eating then your HP would have gone up by more than 1 point... and again, read. Your stamina bar is = to your food bar. If it is 75% blue and 25% black, your food bar is 75% with 25% missing. Youre flipping back and forth for no reasons other than being coddled by A16 lol. Thirst you should be drinking frequently while out and about, so it shouldnt be low. I dont let mine go below 95%, I try not to let it drop at all.

If you read the first thing i wrote...I was at 95 and 91 %

Archived